No announcement yet.

Person of Interest - Discussion/Spoilers/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Finch. He made the machine care about people. Samaritan never got that kind of modification to its programming.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Its Finch. He made the machine care about people. Samaritan never got that kind of modification to its programming.
      Samaritan seems to be made by evil people
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
        Samaritan seems to be made by evil people
        Samaritan was never fully finished. Remember Claypool had just completed the programming of Samaritan when the Machine was launched. The Machine was just as cold and calculating at first until Finch gave it a sense of morality.
        Jelgate is right

Comment

It took Finch 43 tries I think, to make a machine that didn't immediately try to take over the world.
          He thought and poked holes and didn't underestimate it.

Samaritan folks, they can't see beyond 'what will it do for me' and believe they can control it or that it will never cross the line. they can't/won't see that once it is done removing 'deviants' it'll find a new group to eliminate.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Team Root

Comment

Samaritan was never fully finished. Remember Claypool had just completed the programming of Samaritan when the Machine was launched. The Machine was just as cold and calculating at first until Finch gave it a sense of morality.
              And without the examples of human behaviour that Finch gave his machine, I suspect samaritan is 'teaching' itself (as well as learning the limits of its ability to control) the ruthless way - by playing hooky in Maple a couple of episodes ago.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Finch had to go through a number of different versions of his machines until he found one he could work with and shape into a moral being.

Many of the others tried killing finch or escaping on to the internet into the wild.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  Finch had to go through a number of different versions of his machines until he found one he could work with and shape into a moral being.

Many of the others tried killing finch or escaping on to the internet into the wild.
                  Agreed. That is just a restatement of my post.
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

I've just started watching this show this season.
                    I like it but I realized I should have been watching it from the beginning.
                    I really liked last nights episode. Plus the one where "Professor Whistler" get's called for jury duty.

Comment

It is getting to the point that, to get all the nuances, you need to be up to date on the storylines and episodes.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

^^Yeah I can see that. I will have to find a way to catch up on the show

Comment

What has got me interested is playing the game Watch Crap...

Comment

What has got me interested is playing the game Watch Crap...
                            eh? What game is this? And don't say it means watching hours of reality tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                              eh? What game is this? And don't say it means watching hours of reality tv.

No........... The game is Watch Dogs..........But it plays like POI with the way you hack and use cameras and computers.... The visuals for this are almost lifted off the TV show.

But I call it Watch Crap because it was so hyped up like everything and playing it it is rather unexciting......Same for the new Wolfenstein seems like a linear overrated piece of crap..

Comment

No........... The game is Watch Dogs..........But it plays like POI with the way you hack and use cameras and computers.... The visuals for this are almost lifted off the TV show.

But I call it Watch Crap because it was so hyped up like everything and playing it it is rather unexciting......Same for the new Wolfenstein seems like a linear overrated piece of crap..
                                Hence why I bought it on a Steam mega deal...

Back on topic, was interesting to see how far Harold was willing to go to save someone else's life, but at what cost were his actions...

Comment

Working...
                                X