Hopefully the Mayans weren't right...
    Yeah, that would definitely suck.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Casting news for season 3 - the new female leads.

Three actresses are joining the show’s cast for the next round, which follows Spartacus as his army spars with top Roman leaders.
      New Zealand actress Anna Hutchison, who played a free-spirited temptress in Cabin in the Woods, will play Laeta, “the privileged wife of a Roman dignitary who becomes entangled in the struggle against Spartacus.”

Australia actress Jenna Lind (Underbelly II) plays Kore, a “loyal slave to Marcus Crassus (played by Simon Merrells), the Roman tasked to bring an end to Spartacus and his rebellion.”
      And New Zealand’s Gwendoline Taylor (Go Girls) will play Sibyl, “a beautiful young slave rescued from Roman cruelty.”
      http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/02/sp...-in-the-woods/
      sigpic

Comment

Good to hear some news. Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I will take what I can get. This is going to be a long wait for Season 3.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Yeah, I will take what I can get. This is going to be a long wait for Season 3.
            Indeed it is. Luckily I have GoT and some other shows to either watch for the first time (trying out some Merlin) as well as some older ones to watch between now and January...
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for the juicy spoilers to start trickling out. I wonder what the title of this season will be?
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Season 3 has been given a title - Spartacus: War of the Damned.
                  The show runners have also decided it will be the final season of the series.

The upcoming third season of Starz’s flagship series Spartacus will be its last. The pay cable network also has set the title for the upcoming final season, Spartacus: War of the Damned. It will premiere in January 2013. “It was an extremely difficult and emotional decision for my partners and I,” series creator/executive producer Steven S. DeKnight said. “Yet, in the end, the story was best served by rolling all of the remaining action and drama of Spartacus’ journey into one stunningly epic season that will be extremely satisfying for everyone who’s been along for the ride.”
                  http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/spar...-damned-starz/
                  sigpic

Comment

Just came by to post that. Interesting, but a bit of a shame. Kind of surprised that they've said it'll be the last without even seeing the Season 3 viewer numbers, but then its production history has been troubled at best.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Well, now I see why they are making it its last season...Sounds like it's getting a huge budget and they are going to make it go out with a bang. Hopefully it will get a proper number of episodes.

Still, I'm disappointed. I was hoping for at least two more seasons.
                      sigpic

Comment

There's more info here.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm disappointed at 10 episodes, however. Maybe the last episode will be extended.
                          sigpic

Comment

I like that they decided to end the show on their own terms and go out on top. I expect an epic final season now with only 10 episodes left.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                              I like that they decided to end the show on their own terms and go out on top. I expect an epic final season now with only 10 episodes left.
                              I like it too, I just wanted at least four seasons. But whatever, I suppose.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                                I like it too, I just wanted at least four seasons. But whatever, I suppose.
                                Well, technically, with Gods of the Arena....
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X