Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was a bit surprised that
    Spoiler:
    they killed off Lucretia, Asher and Glaber. I mean Lucretia and Asher always had something interesting going on. But what a way for Lucretia to go out, she really pulled off being crazy in an awesome way. Now they are missing antagonists for Spartacus and co. It will be hard to replace Asher though, he was so devious. So...

I'm guessing next season is when they'll introduce Crassus.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
      I was a bit surprised that
      Spoiler:
      they killed off Lucretia, Asher and Glaber. I mean Lucretia and Asher always had something interesting going on. But what a way for Lucretia to go out, she really pulled off being crazy in an awesome way. Now they are missing antagonists for Spartacus and co. It will be hard to replace Asher though, he was so devious. So...

I'm guessing next season is when they'll introduce Crassus.
      Indeed. Next season is when Crassus and Caesar are introduced.
      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
        Ilythia is definitely dead

http://tvline.com/2012/03/30/spartac...oilers-deaths/ (Includes a lot of answers to questions you might have after watching the finale).

R.I.P Mira, Ashur, Oenomaus, Lucretia, Glaber & Ilithyia (First time I've seen 6 main characters of a show killed off in a single episode).

Comment

WOW I"m glad I found this place...Cuz I love this show!!....and so we are discussing Spartacus Vengeance just so I keep this straight. They may want to change the TItle of the thread to just Spartacus cuz if posters think it's only spoilers up through Blood and Sand that would be horrible :O I just read the spoiler and luckily I've seen all of Vengeance so *phew* I'm just sayin

And I agree with you about the Season Finale for Vengence:
          Spoiler:
          I never thought they would kill off so many mains I was thinking they may try and save Lucretia from that fall by her landing on a cliff ledge or something even tho that would be rather hokey...but somehow in my gut I just have a feeling that baby lives...somehow...like Lucretia padded his fall.....lame I know but I just wanted him to live... why? Cuz it's Spartacus JR. dammit!! And am I the only one here that saw some real sexual chemistry between Ilythia and Spartacus? I mean I was hoping they would play out that whole thing more with her having his child and stuff....Yeah I'm twisted that way.
          Originally posted by jelgate
          This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
            Spoiler:

http://tvline.com/2012/03/30/spartac...oilers-deaths/ (Includes a lot of answers to questions you might have after watching the finale).

R.I.P Mira, Ashur, Oenomaus, Lucretia, Glaber & Ilithyia (First time I've seen 6 main characters of a show killed off in a single episode).

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:
              So we are getting 3 new female characters according to that interview. They will have big shoes to fill for Lucretia and Ilithyia.
              sigpic

Comment

Well I just saw the finale, and that was impressive. A satisfying end to the season. And I dunno if it was me but it seemed the CGI was also better in this ep.

That being said they have a hell of a job next season, bringing in a ton of new characters and amping up the scale of the show.

Comment

You do have to make bold moves if there is a certain story you are trying to tell. The creators of Spartacus are definitely willing to make those bold moves.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So how long do you think the show will last? Historically the rebellion lasted from 73-71 BC, and I believe that the finale took place in either late 73 or early 72, if they are following history, even loosely. So if they follow the timeline I believe the show could last 2-3 more seasons, including season 3. I'm not sure how long season 2 was, though we can get a general idea given Ilithyia's pregnancy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                      So how long do you think the show will last? Historically the rebellion lasted from 73-71 BC, and I believe that the finale took place in either late 73 or early 72, if they are following history, even loosely. So if they follow the timeline I believe the show could last 2-3 more seasons, including season 3. I'm not sure how long season 2 was, though we can get a general idea given Ilithyia's pregnancy.
                      I think 2 to 3 more seasons sounds about right. But they have a hell of a job to do as I said. These next seasons the show will have to reach such a scale, the 3rd Servile War involved hundreds of thousands of people.

I mean Game of Thrones had a lot of problems depicting mass battles despite its large budget, eventually in order to film a pivotal battle scene for the end of season 2, they had to add 15% to the budget, or about $10 million, and spent over a month filming it, which I'm pretty sure is unprecedented taking that long over one episode of tv.

Spartacus has less budget, and if it's going to show the war properly, has to depict even more massive battles. I do hope they can convice Starz that as their most successful show they deserve a budget increase, because they are going to need it.

Comment

I see it as 1-2 more season tops, and since they already have guaranteed next season, I see one more after that. Then again it all depends on how closely they follow the historical information and timelines. They could just as easily morph the show into its own original story and follow completely different timelines. Although, I do believe the show creators said that they plan to follow what is in the history books.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          I think 2 to 3 more seasons sounds about right. But they have a hell of a job to do as I said. These next seasons the show will have to reach such a scale, the 3rd Servile War involved hundreds of thousands of people.

I mean Game of Thrones had a lot of problems depicting mass battles despite its large budget, eventually in order to film a pivotal battle scene for the end of season 2, they had to add 15% to the budget, or about $10 million, and spent over a month filming it, which I'm pretty sure is unprecedented taking that long over one episode of tv.

Spartacus has less budget, and if it's going to show the war properly, has to depict even more massive battles. I do hope they can convice Starz that as their most successful show they deserve a budget increase, because they are going to need it.
                          I certainly hope so. I read somewhere that this is the first Starz series to go past season 1. If they get bigger battles I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a big ratings boost. I have been wondering how they would have larger battles (even with a couple hundred people on screen) given their filming style.

I see it as 1-2 more season tops, and since they already have guaranteed next season, I see one more after that. Then again it all depends on how closely they follow the historical information and timelines. They could just as easily morph the show into its own original story and follow completely different timelines. Although, I do believe the show creators said that they plan to follow what is in the history books.
                          I think they said use history as a guide, but not follow it COMPLETELY.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                            I certainly hope so. I read somewhere that this is the first Starz series to go past season 1. If they get bigger battles I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a big ratings boost. I have been wondering how they would have larger battles (even with a couple hundred people on screen) given their filming style.
                            They will probably need to increase their CGI budget. I assume it is something similar with how they had it look like there were thousands of people for all those scenes in the arena.
                            sigpic

Comment

They will probably need to increase their CGI budget. I assume it is something similar with how they had it look like there were thousands of people for all those scenes in the arena.
                              Well that works for things in the distance so they could show people fighting farther away with Spartacus and his main people in the foreground...
                              sigpic

Comment

Apparently pre-production for Season 3 has started, including boot camp.

I asked Dan Feuerriegel on twitter what was the hardest part of boot camp and he replied "Having the energy within the final hour when u do circuits".

Sounds like a pretty gruesome training program they all go through.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X