Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most disappointing series finale? (Spoilers for the finales of different programs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my name is earl...they cut it short before he finished his list

reaper as well...shocking!!!
    DR.RYO

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Mmmm yes, I forgot about that one. Damn HBO for canceling one of the best shows ever made! In fairness though, Hearst DID 'win' the West.
      True, but I kinda wish they'd deviated from History and had Sweargen go to work on Hearst with a knife. I suppose we had to make do with Dan Dority ripping out Captain Turner's eye.

Of other shows that have unsatisfying endings, Sharpe would be one. Mind you that did have a satisfying ending, which they essentially decided to tear up so they could do some more eps 10 years later.

Comment

It's an old thread, but I had to stop in to say Sliders. The Seer told the sliders that if they slid again the would be killed immediately on the other side of the vortex. Rembrant slid anyway and the last you see is the other sliders wondering what happened to him as the Seer dies. Roll credits. I will never forgive that episode.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Deep Space Nine, talk about a weak ending....

Comment

"Seinfeld".
            Spoiler:
            What the hell....?

"ST:ENT"
            Spoiler:
            Kill Trip? It was bad enough they had to kill him....but the way they chose to do it was stupid......he would have NEVER done that to the ship. Meh.....the whole thing makes me mad still.

"SGA"......yeah, the plot will get fleshed out in the "movie". Uh huh......

IHS
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iheartshep View Post
              "Seinfeld".
              Spoiler:
              What the hell....?

"ST:ENT"
              Spoiler:
              Kill Trip? It was bad enough they had to kill him....but the way they chose to do it was stupid......he would have NEVER done that to the ship. Meh.....the whole thing makes me mad still.

"SGA"......yeah, the plot will get fleshed out in the "movie". Uh huh......

IHS
              Agreed on both! You should check out the ENT continuation novels though. They're not canon in the strictest sense, but they do a wonderful job of correcting TATV. (Read: retconning into into something that isn't a steaming pile)

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              Deep Space Nine, talk about a weak ending....
              And checking in from the Bizarro Universe, where everything is backwards, escyos o_O
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Agreed on both! You should check out the ENT continuation novels though. They're not canon in the strictest sense, but they do a wonderful job of correcting TATV. (Read: retconning into into something that isn't a steaming pile)
                Agreed. "The Good That Men Do" was awesome. I'm gonna have to get the rest eventually and read them too.

And checking in from the Bizarro Universe, where everything is backwards, escyos o_O
                "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
                - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Someone has to......

that whole Dukat showdown sucked, he used his funky powers once and then was distracted and knocked into a fire pit.

Comment

Oh yes.......the ENT novels are awesome!

I thought of another one: Moonlight
                    Spoiler:
                    We wait the whole season, which was interrupted by the writers' strike, to see Mick and Beth finally get together, and then right when it starts to happen......they cancel the show.

IHS
                    sigpic

Comment

Definitely BSG hands down
                      Originally posted by jelgate
                      This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

Working...
                      X