Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most disappointing series finale? (Spoilers for the finales of different programs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, I can't beleive I'm the only person who thinks Lost had the most disappointing finale of all time. Not only did they not answer any of the mythology questions they had been building for 6 years, but they screwed over all of their characters (bar Jack) and made almost every single plot line redundant in the process. I lived and breathed this show for 6 years and now I never want to watch a single episode of it ever again.

As one disgruntled reviewer so aptly put it, "Only something so good can hurt so bad."
    sigpic
    Thank you to mrscopterdoc for my Ronon sig

Comment

I loved the Lost finale. Thinking about Lost makes me happy. It's a great show.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

The series finales for;

SG-1
        Star Trek: Voyager
        Star Trek: Enterprise
        Xena
        Quantum Leap

and any series that got canceled after airing a season-ending cliffhanger, Like John Doe.

Comment

Originally posted by *Kiwi* View Post
          Wow, I can't beleive I'm the only person who thinks Lost had the most disappointing finale of all time. Not only did they not answer any of the mythology questions they had been building for 6 years, but they screwed over all of their characters (bar Jack) and made almost every single plot line redundant in the process. I lived and breathed this show for 6 years and now I never want to watch a single episode of it ever again.

As one disgruntled reviewer so aptly put it, "Only something so good can hurt so bad."
          i'm disappointed in the 'lost' series finale too.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

No one has said Kyle XY, OMG what crap that was, im your brother.......end credits

Spoiler:
            I kind of found DS9's ending abit dissapointing the way most of them left the station but its not really worth mentioning here because it was a great finale

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            I loved the Lost finale. Thinking about Lost makes me happy. It's a great show.
            Seconded
            Last edited by mr_kennedy; 13 October 2010, 09:23 PM.
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

My question though is a series finale can really be a series finalle if they led to a miniseries?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                My question though is a series finale can really be a series finalle if they led to a miniseries?
                If we are talking about Farscape then I'd say The Peacekeeper Wars Part II is the series finale
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

The Lone Gunmen conclusion in The X-Files...wtf
                  Stargate Atlantis--headdesk
                  ST Voyager--total copout
                  ST Enterprise--the finale which shall not be named
                  Twin Peaks--cliffhanger to try to force a season 3...which didn't happen
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I guess Lost just has one of those ending that you either love or hate. Believe me, I wish I was in the love camp.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you to mrscopterdoc for my Ronon sig

Comment

Deadwood. While there was a sort of ending, it was meant to have a 4th series, seeing George Hearst, possibly one of the most evil villains in tv history essentially win at the end of the third series was very frustrating.

Comment

I'll continue with what I said last time. Yes these are some terrible series finale but nothing is worse then BSG's "lets solve everything with deus ex machina" series finale
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Again, how was BSG's ending a deus ex machina? Everything had been foreshadowed and had build-up. The Ark of Truth, thát was a deus ex machina (let's have a magical device that with the press of a button solves all our problems!).
                          Mia: Don't you hate that?
                          Vincent: Hate what?
                          Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                          Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                          Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                          - Pulp Fiction

Comment

All thier storylines were solved by "God did it." That is the literal definition of deus ex machina
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

No he didn't. He merely advised Baltar and Six with the Angels, and helped the humans with a ressurected Starbuck. That's all he did.
                              Mia: Don't you hate that?
                              Vincent: Hate what?
                              Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
                              Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
                              Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
                              - Pulp Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                Deadwood. While there was a sort of ending, it was meant to have a 4th series, seeing George Hearst, possibly one of the most evil villains in tv history essentially win at the end of the third series was very frustrating.
                                Mmmm yes, I forgot about that one. Damn HBO for canceling one of the best shows ever made! In fairness though, Hearst DID 'win' the West.

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                                No he didn't. He merely advised Baltar and Six with the Angels, and helped the humans with a ressurected Starbuck. That's all he did.
                                No I think jelly's pretty spot-on on the 'god did it' angle. While I don't find it as disappointing as he evidently does (it's one of my favourite finales actually), I agree that it was most definitely a 'god did it' resolution.
                                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                                X