Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most disappointing series finale? (Spoilers for the finales of different programs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek Enterprise, as many pointed out, it was just horible. Not just a bad episode, with stupis scrpit and all that, but that would be the finale? What was the point? 'Hey, you know, in ST, a hero never dies, so, here's a gift for you: hero is dead.' Or what? It was weird.

I'm not too satisfied with the finale of SGA, cause - I didn't hear any official news about this - but for me it seemed like, originally, it would have been a story of 2 episodes. I mean Enemy at The Gate, look at that episode, just the story itself, it's the typical double episode, so I guess the actual fight over the Earth, would've been in 6x01, but that's not gonna happen, so, they did everything in this only one episode. I loved it, most of it, but sometimes I had a feeling, I almost hear some creators: "Okay, hurray guys, I don't wanna be here any longer, I'm bored , could you just make an end to this... I don't know, Keller will be just perfect. After all, she's our leading character" LOL, sorry.

Space Above and Beyond, as someone else mentioned it, but I didn't like the whole show, so, I was just happy that I can see a finale, even if it's not so good. LOL

sigpic

Comment

SG-1's "Unending" without a doubt...

Comment

Seconding The X-Files. I pretty much hated seasons 8 and 9 and found the finale almost unwatchable. This from a show that I absolutely loved. Very disappointing.

Alias again just a major disappointment. It has moments of good stuff but was mostly just wrong, so very wrong.

Remington Steele, yep all build up with really no payoff.

Twin Peaks left me in total confusion.

Seinfeld possibly the worst finale I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by aboleyn24 View Post

Twin Peaks left me in total confusion.
          Indeed. The whole show was a big confusion for me - but I loved it - but we have and ending there which has no asnwers, at all, well, it's David Lynch.
          "How's Annie?"
          *shakes*

sigpic

Comment

Blake's 7
            Spoiler:
            Avon finally finds Blake after 2 yrs of searching for him (the show lasted 4 yrs but Blake left after 2) and for some inexplicable reason thinks Blake is now working for the govt and shoots him before letting him say much of anything. Then troops suround our merry band of rebels, fade to black and gunfire. Yep another of those let's just kill off everybody finales.

Oz - really great show for 4 yrs, then it deteriorated for the last 2 ending with
            Spoiler:
            not using just 1 but the last 3 episodes killing off everybody - and they had a much bigger cast than most shows)

Quantum Leap - to this day I refuse to mention the last line! - And the really sad part is that was a pretty good episode up to the end. So you're in a pretty good mood and then pow - a sock to the gut.

I forgive the Farscape people because they didn't realize that was the last ep and that was a typical season ending agonizing episode only this time there was no next season.
            sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
              Oz - really great show for 4 yrs, then it deteriorated for the last 2 ending with
              Spoiler:
              not using just 1 but the last 3 episodes killing off everybody - and they had a much bigger cast than most shows)
              Morgan & Wong didn't write it, did they? LOL!

Quantum Leap - to this day I refuse to mention the last line! - And the really sad part is that was a pretty good episode up to the end. So you're in a pretty good mood and then pow - a sock to the gut.
              Yeah, I'm pretending that last line never happened.

Comment

The Sopranos ending when i first saw it i freaked out but i rewatched it a few times and read all the different theories on the ending and what not but it still makes me wonder from time to time what happend which i guess was the whole point *sigh*
                Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
                Through passion, I gain strength.
                Through strength, I gain power.
                Through power, I gain victory.
                Through victory, my chains are broken.
                The Force shall free me.

WEIR: Rodney, if the hive opens up on us, I want Orion's drones.

SHEPPARD: Which means we're gonna need the hyperdrive to get in position.

McKAY: Which means we'll need shields, which means you want everything!

SHEPPARD: I like everything! Can we do it or not?

McKAY (sarcastically): Well, don't get up! (He clicks his fingers at one of the crew.) Shields!

Comment

I just hate Unending Enemy at the Gate and BSG final, they are just horrendous! HOW THE HELL COULD THEY KILL THE ASGARD! I mean, the Asgard, they are the best race ever thought of!

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Unlike a lot of people in this thread, I rather enjoyed Unending and Daybreak. *shrug*

One series finale that I truly despise is Enemy at the Gate. Although I have to admit that it did fit with the rest of the crappy fifth season.
                    I didn't like Alias' series finale, All the Time in the World, either, but as with SGA, the rest of the season was rather poor as well.
                    Journeyman's series finale, Perfidia, was a rather good episode, but I didn't resolve any of the main storylines. Although it would be hard to do that in a satisfying way when the show only had 13 episodes.
                    The Sarah Connor Chronicles' series finale was also poor because it left you with a clifhangeer ending, but as with Journeyman, I place my blame on the network.

Star Trek Voyager and Star Trek Enterprise both deserve (dis)honorble mentions.
                    sigpic

Comment

Firefly. Only because i didnt want it to end

Anyone remember the Mortal Kombat TV series. Terrible ending.
                      ST Voyeger.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dark Angel it did not have an end.
                        sigpic

Comment

beast wars transformers
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Callista View Post
                            I actually liked the first Magnum, P.I. finale with him walking away from Higgins into the light. (Of course, as a John Denver fan, part of what I liked was the music to which Magnum walked away.)
                            OMG! I was a HUGE Magnum fan back then and the 1st finale was ..... traumatic. I cried for days. I still have the 'Magnum memorial Aloha shirt' that I went out and bought.

Firefly just was killed before it's time.

One finale that I think did NOT stink was for Monk. I saw the finale and then had to go watch the whole 8 seasons since I never really followed it while it was on. I may be sappy but I liked that they gave it a happy ending. Adrian deserved some happiness in his life again.
                            You're never too old to do something goofy.
                            sigpic
                            Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

stargate sg1's 'unending'. as a 'series' finale, it was too depressing.
                              That's actually what I liked about the episode~

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
                                I did. After I watched These Are the Voyages.
                                Oh goodness, that episode. Any other kind of ending would have been nice but that one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X