Bones - Starring David Boreanaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
    And am I the only one who absolutely cringed over the developments of Jack/Angela in the second half of last week's ep? WTF? That just made no ounce of sense.
    No, you're not. This Jack/Angela bull**** is getting on my nerves!
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
      Don't know what the frak they're thinking. Part one was really good, some nice resolution, which was a GOOD THING, I though yay! Now we can move past this and the relationship can be given a non-dramaticy break for awhile. And then they decided to shred it apart with part two. Whoever's brilliant idea that was needs a good thwacking over the noggin. Has no one yet learned that a stable relationship can be interesting on tv? If handled by a competant writer. On again/off again, break up/get back together is so frakking BORING.

Comment

Don't know what the frak they're thinking. Part one was really good, some nice resolution, which was a GOOD THING, I though yay! Now we can move past this and the relationship can be given a non-dramaticy break for awhile. And then they decided to shred it apart with part two. Whoever's brilliant idea that was needs a good thwacking over the noggin. Has no one yet learned that a stable relationship can be interesting on tv? If handled by a competant writer. On again/off again, break up/get back together is so frakking BORING.
        DUH!! Get married already!!!!!!!!!!
        Spoiler:
        But I do have the suspicion that this season will end in a wedding....

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
          Spoiler:
          They end their relationship in the season premiere due to trust conflicts.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            Spoiler:
            And it was absolutely pathetic.....

Comment

Meh. I don't watch for sexual tension, I watch for the awesome characters and the anthropology stuff. I think the difference between Bones and other crime dramas (aside from the fact that other crime dramas make me fall asleep ) being that the characters are so well rounded and individual. It only took me one ep to remember everyone's name and *get* their personality quirks. The show doesn't skimp on character, a rarity in a procedural, and all of the science stuff is just plain awesomer/more fun because of it.

So for the sexing up.....I don't particular care either way. Booth and Bones are cute, but I don't want the show to become *just* their relationship and argements about sex all the time, I prefer their debates and banter in a non-shippy way. However I won't hate the show if they hook up provided it makes sense and all, which is a compliment by the way.
              At least "sexing it up" doesn't betray the show in any way. After all, I understand one of the pitch phrases when in development was "Bones is a sexed up version of the CSIs."
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                Spoiler:
                I knew that!! (and I'm not being scarcastic, I truly did know)
                Spoiler:
                I still think that they're going to end up married by the end of the season!

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                At least "sexing it up" doesn't betray the show in any way. After all, I understand one of the pitch phrases when in development was "Bones is a sexed up version of the CSIs."
                Yep, we all heard that one. Maybe we'll get some BB sex now!!!

Comment

I thought The Man in the Outhouse was a good episode that utilized Dr. Sweets more than in the normal Bones episodes of season 3 (Non-Gormagan) but also showed the void left by not having Zack in the Squint Squad. It was an average Bones story that was tying in the case Bones and Booth were working with their personal lives. The morality of infidelity and of a TV show setting people up was a nice counterpoint to Bones' rationalization that she can be involved with two men for different reasons without any repercussions. She was thinking too rationally and intelluctially without taking into account human emotions.

I thought Jill Wagner did well as Holly Markwell and was glad to confirm that she had a fake tongue stud and tattoo for the episode.

What do the other fans of Bones think of the episode and Jill's portrayal of Holly?
                  Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                    I thought The Man in the Outhouse was a good episode that utilized Dr. Sweets more than in the normal Bones episodes of season 3 (Non-Gormagan) but also showed the void left by not having Zack in the Squint Squad. It was an average Bones story that was tying in the case Bones and Booth were working with their personal lives. The morality of infidelity and of a TV show setting people up was a nice counterpoint to Bones' rationalization that she can be involved with two men for different reasons without any repercussions. She was thinking too rationally and intelluctially without taking into account human emotions.

I thought Jill Wagner did well as Holly Markwell and was glad to confirm that she had a fake tongue stud and tattoo for the episode.

What do the other fans of Bones think of the episode and Jill's portrayal of Holly?
                    I loved the episode!!! I felt we could have had a bit less of Sweets and something showing some of the repercussions of the Hodgela thing. That's what I wanted to find out about, not that Sweets likes women with tatoos. But then, I'm not a huge fan of Sweets. I can take or leave him.

No offense, but I hated Daisy! She drove me frakking crazy! I just wanted to shove her off a cliff, in front of a moving double-decker bus, off the roof of a tall building, anything to get her to shut up!! If her intention was to make me hate the character, the actress did a great job. I felt like Daisy would have been better suited as a cheerleader than as an anthropologist.
                    Last edited by TrueRomantic; 11 September 2008, 04:02 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      I loved the episode!!! I felt we could have had a bit less of Sweets and something showing some of the repercussions of the Hodgela thing. That's what I wanted to find out about, not that Sweets likes women with tatoos. But then, I'm not a huge fan of Sweets. I can take or leave him.

No offense, but I hated Holly! She drove me frakking crazy! I just wanted to shove her off a cliff, in front of a moving double-decker bus, off the roof of a tall building, anything to get her to shut up!! If her intention was to make me hate the character, the actress did a great job. I felt like Holly would have been better suited as a cheerleader than as an anthropologist.

Thank you.. That Holly character was annoying!
                      Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                      sigpic
                      Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

No offense, but I hated Holly! She drove me frakking crazy! I just wanted to shove her off a cliff, in front of a moving double-decker bus, off the roof of a tall building, anything to get her to shut up!! If her intention was to make me hate the character, the actress did a great job. I felt like Holly would have been better suited as a cheerleader than as an anthropologist.
                        Originally posted by OneillTwo"LL"s View Post

Thank you.. That Holly character was annoying!

I think you have Holly Markwell who was the bait for the Busted by Bill show (and played by Jill Wagner) confused with Daisy Wick the new Forensic Anthropologist Intern (played by Carla Gallo.) Daisy was suppose to be annoying because there will be
                        Spoiler:
                        a number of new interns in at least the first part of this season that Brennan will try out before giving them a full-time job.

The reason I don't think there was any talk about Hodgins and Angela's breakup was this episode was written and filmed in late April before the season 4 premiere was shot in London.
                        Last edited by Redhooks; 11 September 2008, 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling error
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you have Holly Markwell who was the bait for the Busted by Bill show (and played by Jill Wagner) confused with Daisy Wick the new Forensic Anthropologist Intern (played by Carla Gallo.) Daisy was supposed to be annoying because there will be
                          Spoiler:
                          a number of new interns in at least the first part of this season that Brennan will try out before giving them a full-time job.

The reason I don't think there was any talk about Hodgins and Angelina's breakup was this episode was written and filmed in late April before the season 4 premiere was shot in London.
                          Thanks for the correction!
                          Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                          sigpic
                          Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

I think you have Holly Markwell who was the bait for the Busted by Bill show (and played by Jill Wagner) confused with Daisy Wick the new Forensic Anthropologist Intern (played by Carla Gallo.) Daisy was supposed to be annoying because there will be
                            Spoiler:

The reason I don't think there was any talk about Hodgins and Angelina's breakup was this episode was written and filmed in late April before the season 4 premiere was shot in London.
                            Whatever. I hated Daisy then. And if Holly was the bait, then she didn't have enough screen time for me to notice her. I can't even picture what she looked like.

Still, if they knew they were going to do that with Hodgela, they should have written it into the episodes. Otherwise, they shouldn't have shown them in a different order. They knew Zack wouldn't be there, why didn't they know Hodgela wouldn't be there.

But it doesn't matter. I don't want reasons why there was no discussion, I was just stating that it annoyed me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Whatever. I hated Daisy then. And if Holly was the bait, then she didn't have enough screen time for me to notice her. I can't even picture what she looked like.
                              Holly was only briefly seen during the clips of the Busted by Bill show and then for about 3 minutes late in the episode in the interrogation room with Bones and Booth where she gave Bones her tongue stud and showed her lower back tattoo that matched the one on the woman in the photo with Bill that was shoved down Bill's throat when he was murdered.
                              Here is a link to a page with some screencaps of Jill Wagner as Holly Markwell.
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Holly was only briefly seen during the clips of the Busted by Bill show and then for about 3 minutes late in the episode in the interrogation room with Bones and Booth where she gave Bones her tongue stud and showed her lower back tattoo that matched the one on the woman in the photo with Bill that was shoved down Bill's throat when he was murdered.
                                Here is a link to a page with some screencaps of Jill Wagner as Holly Markwell.
                                Yeah, I already went and looked for her. I'm sorry, since you seem to like her so much, but actors/actresses that get that amount of screen time don't really capture my attention. I don't even really care if they can act, since they have so little time. Now the girl that played the producer (who was on at least one other show I used to watch) had a good performance, IMO. She had enough screen time that I noticed things about her and can still picture her in my head. Honestly, Jill's performance didn't, IMO, effect the show one way or the other.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X