Bones - Starring David Boreanaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
    Wait a minute...Bonus eps from season 4? Why would they do that before season 4 even airs half its episodes? You sure it's not bonus eps from season 3?

The rest of that I'd already heard, but not anything about bonus eps, from any season.
    Disc 5 will contain four episodes from Season 4 since some of them were shot in the Season 3 production run but not shown until this season. I guess they thought it would be better to make the set 19 episodes instead of just the 15 shown in season 3. That way they can charge more for the set. Will the Season 4 DVD Box set include these 4 episodes also??
    Here is the press release for the Season 3 Box set from TvShowsonDVD.com: Link
    Spoiler:
    sigpic

Comment

Huh...That seems very odd to me. Unless they are going to say that those episodes are part of season 3...Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to put season 4 eps on a season 3 set. But maybe that's just me...
      sigpic
      Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

*runs in * Arrrrrrgh! I missed the premiere and Fox doesn't have it up on their site for viewing!

Must. Not. Hyperventilate!
        sigpic

Comment

Huh...That seems very odd to me. Unless they are going to say that those episodes are part of season 3...Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense to put season 4 eps on a season 3 set. But maybe that's just me...
          The reason this happened was due to the length of the Writer's Strike. After the strike, Fox decided to air only six episodes to finish up season 3. Four of those episodes were already shot including one the was left over from season 2 since it was going to air around the time of the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting spree that left more than thirty people dead and it had a vaguely similar storyline of a murder on a college campus. That episode and three others had already been written and shot before the strike, but Fox elected not to show them until after the strike. Only two new episodes to air in season 3 were shot after the strike since Fox didn't want the season to extend into the summer. But, the production company shot at least three more episodes during this second part of the season 3 production run that will be shown in season 4. The Man in the Outhouse, The Finger in the Nest, and The Crank in the Shaft for sure were shot in late April and May with The He in the She as another probable episode shot in season 3 and to be shown in season 4. I think it was a way to use up the production money sllocated for Season 3.

I don't think Fox wanted to release just the 15 episodes that were aired during season 3 because it could not charge the same amount of money as a 22 episode season. By adding the four eps from Season 4, the Season 3 DVD set becomes a 19 episode set that can be sold for more money. There also could be legal reasons to release some of the season 4 episodes in the season 3 box set if there is some contract language in the actor's contracts talking about when a episode was shot and when it could be aired.

This is mostly my opinion why there will be a disc of season 4 eps in the season 3 DVD box set based on what I have seen in news stories and other info from seasons 3 and 4.
          Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
            *runs in * Arrrrrrgh! I missed the premiere and Fox doesn't have it up on their site for viewing!

Must. Not. Hyperventilate!
            General!!!! You missed it?!?! Oh no!!! Maybe they'll get it up soon for you to watch. I didn't know you liked Bones. Me and some of the other girls spend ages talking about it in the lounge, although we haven't talked about the premiere yet. And occasionally on YIM, but that's not as much.
            Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
            The reason this happened was due to the length of the Writer's Strike. After the strike, Fox decided to air only six episodes to finish up season 3. Four of those episodes were already shot including one the was left over from season 2 since it was going to air around the time of the 2007 Virginia Tech shooting spree that left more than thirty people dead and it had a vaguely similar storyline of a murder on a college campus. That episode and three others had already been written and shot before the strike, but Fox elected not to show them until after the strike. Only two new episodes to air in season 3 were shot after the strike since Fox didn't want the season to extend into the summer. But, the production company shot at least three more episodes during this second part of the season 3 production run that will be shown in season 4. The Man in the Outhouse, The Finger in the Nest, and The Crank in the Shaft for sure were shot in late April and May with The He in the She as another probable episode shot in season 3 and to be shown in season 4. I think it was a way to use up the production money sllocated for Season 3.

I don't think Fox wanted to release just the 15 episodes that were aired during season 3 because it could not charge the same amount of money as a 22 episode season. By adding the four eps from Season 4, the Season 3 DVD set becomes a 19 episode set that can be sold for more money. There also could be legal reasons to release some of the season 4 episodes in the season 3 box set if there is some contract language in the actor's contracts talking about when a episode was shot and when it could be aired.

This is mostly my opinion why there will be a disc of season 4 eps in the season 3 DVD box set based on what I have seen in news stories and other info from seasons 3 and 4.
            Well I get all that, but I guess I'm still confused. Are the eps to be considered season 3 or 4? Do they take place before or after the Gormagon conclusion? I need to know when in the Bones timeline they fit. It gets hard to write fics when you only have a fuzzy timeline to go by.

And hon, no offense, but I know what happened with Tech. I'm from VA, so I don't need to be told details. My friend could have lost her sister. The sister's boyfriend was injured (Although not by the shooting, but by people trying to get away. He was knocked down and broke bones by people running away.) And I already knew about that ep being moved from the lineup because of it.
            sigpic

Comment

Well I get all that, but I guess I'm still confused. Are the eps to be considered season 3 or 4? Do they take place before or after the Gormagon conclusion? I need to know when in the Bones timeline they fit. It gets hard to write fics when you only have a fuzzy timeline to go by.
              The episodes are only a part of season 3 in terms of production and definitely take place when they air in season 4. I think the main motivation to include them in the Season 3 DVD set is that Fox can charge what they normally charge for a regular 22 episode season. They would not be able to charge the normal amount if they only stuck with the 15 episodes aired in season 3 for the DVD set. My biggest question is if these episodes will also be included in the season 4 box set and if season 4 will air more than 22 episodes due to the addition of the ones shot in season 3?

Sorry to hear about your experience with VA. Tech and I only included the info because I don't know who knows what about Bones on GW because I am new to the show and this thread. I was trying to give out all the info I knew because it seemed you weren't that aware of previous seasons.

Next week is the episode I am waiting for so I can see Jill Wagner in another show. I hope her part is one of the bigger guest starring roles, but only time will tell.
              Spoiler:
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                The episodes are only a part of season 3 in terms of production and definitely take place when they air in season 4. I think the main motivation to include them in the Season 3 DVD set is that Fox can charge what they normally charge for a regular 22 episode season. They would not be able to charge the normal amount if they only stuck with the 15 episodes aired in season 3 for the DVD set. My biggest question is if these episodes will also be included in the season 4 box set and if season 4 will air more than 22 episodes due to the addition of the ones shot in season 3?

Sorry to hear about your experience with VA. Tech and I only included the info because I don't know who knows what about Bones on GW because I am new to the show and this thread. I was trying to give out all the info I knew because it seemed you weren't that aware of previous seasons.

Next week is the episode I am waiting for so I can see Jill Wagner in another show. I hope her part is one of the bigger guest starring roles, but only time will tell.
                That seems really stupid to me. They should just put more extras on it. I'd pay full price for some extra stuff, like bloopers or deleted scenes. And it really doesn't make sense to sell episodes from one season in the set for another. I hope they put them all at the end, and that they are in order. That way, when we buy season 4, we don't have to skip around with season 3 and 4 disks to try to watch in order.

And it's okay. I know a lot of people aren't aware of what happened, and I understand trying to give as much info as possible.

I've been watching Bones from the very first episode that ever aired. I don't think I've ever missed an episode, and I don't plan to start now. I know as much as I possibly could about previous seasons. I'm just not the kind of person that looks up details on coming DVDs. I go to Amazon.com, find what I want, but it either in my cart or on my wish list, and then buy it when it comes out. Unless I find out it will be cheaper at a store.

So while I know a lot about the show, I just don't care much about the DVD details unless it effects my timeline or something like that. As a writer, I always need to know the order of things. I can't write in cannon (or my version of it, lol) if I don't know what cannon is. Know what I mean?
                sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one who doesn't like how they are trying to sex up the show so much? I don't know...to me it feels like it's too much relationship drama now. And it feels out of character for Dr. Brennon.
                  It feels good to be alive.
                  Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet View Post
                    Am I the only one who doesn't like how they are trying to sex up the show so much? I don't know...to me it feels like it's too much relationship drama now. And it feels out of character for Dr. Brennon.
                    I do. At least, the premiere felt that way. I like the fun flirting w/ her and Booth better. I hope they don't move away from weaving the actual relationships (with all the characters) into the plots.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by luvnjack View Post
                      I do. At least, the premiere felt that way. I like the fun flirting w/ her and Booth better. I hope they don't move away from weaving the actual relationships (with all the characters) into the plots.
                      Just an FYI, and it is a spoiler for this new season... (referring to sexing up the show)
                      Spoiler:
                      Booth and Brennan will have a sexual encounter this season.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        Just an FYI, and it is a spoiler for this new season... (referring to sexing up the show)
                        Spoiler:
                        Booth and Brennan will have a sexual encounter this season.
                        YES!!
                        wait, I knew that (spoliers from comic con, I think....)
                        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Actually, I like that they are playing with their relationship and adding more interpersonal stuff in the episodes. I think its what makes Bones a better show than some of the other crime dramas.
                          sigpicsig by starlover1990 Thanks!
                          I ship Sam/Jack because "always" is a very long time and he'll "always" be there for her.

Sam/Jack-John/Teyla-Booth/Brennan
                          Danielle

Comment

Originally posted by vball2003_1999 View Post
                            Actually, I like that they are playing with their relationship and adding more interpersonal stuff in the episodes. I think its what makes Bones a better show than some of the other crime dramas.
                            DUH!! The show is very character driven, that's what makes it good! (oh, and having good looking people in it helps!)
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                              YES!!
                              wait, I knew that (spoliers from comic con, I think....)
                              Hold it Just one second David Boreanaz was at Comic Con

Pictures please!! If you have any, please!
                              Richard Dean Anderson is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!!
                              sigpic
                              Hawaii-Five-O-Heat-Wave-Thunk-thread-of-hotness

Comment

Meh. I don't watch for sexual tension, I watch for the awesome characters and the anthropology stuff. I think the difference between Bones and other crime dramas (aside from the fact that other crime dramas make me fall asleep ) being that the characters are so well rounded and individual. It only took me one ep to remember everyone's name and *get* their personality quirks. The show doesn't skimp on character, a rarity in a procedural, and all of the science stuff is just plain awesomer/more fun because of it.

So for the sexing up.....I don't particular care either way. Booth and Bones are cute, but I don't want the show to become *just* their relationship and argements about sex all the time, I prefer their debates and banter in a non-shippy way. However I won't hate the show if they hook up provided it makes sense and all, which is a compliment by the way.

And am I the only one who absolutely cringed over the developments of Jack/Angela in the second half of last week's ep? WTF? That just made no ounce of sense.

Though I'll add that the scene where Bones walks in on him in the bath in the last season finale is possibly my favourite scene of the whole series. That was just so many levels of funny/awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X