Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCIS : Discussion, spoilers and everything else ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    They seem to have a habit of killing off the women in the show though. Kate, Paula, Jenny, Jackie. I just hope that Ziva isn't added to the list.
    that's why i don't want amanda to join this show!!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scifan View Post
      IMO, I think what they were trying to do with Tony was show that he's getting older and really can't pull the playboy thing any more.... well not as well as Sr. And maybe should get into something more serious.
      In that respect a Tony/Ziva relationship would have been good. Maybe that will be the way out for Ziva. Then they could have the relationship without it being on screen too much, have some growth for both characters and fit in CdP leaving by having Ziva transferring to another agency. It's all kinda tricky with all the development in the last seasons. Ziva did go through all the trouble to become an American and NCIS agent. It would be a same to contradict all of this or throw it all away. And like that I can think of a couple more things.
      A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Keep it simple, Tony and Ziva get married and she becomes a stay at home wife

I think that is as far out of character for her as you can go though

More realistically I'd expect Ziva to either return to Israel or be killed off.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
          Keep it simple, Tony and Ziva get married and she becomes a stay at home wife

I think that is as far out of character for her as you can go though

More realistically I'd expect Ziva to either return to Israel or be killed off.
          I'm not sayin' she'd be a stay at home wife, but I think Ziva returning to Israel to join Mossad again would kinda contradict everything from the last four or so seasons... Of course I could be wrong, but doesn't seem such an elegant solution to me.

As for Ziva's exit by being killed off... that would firstly be kinda unoriginal. As said above, NCIS doesn't really need another dead female character or the fallout from it.

So I think neither are realistic. But that's just me of course. And with three NCIS shows on the air next year, in all honesty it might be time to end NCIS on a high rather than milking it out any further. I wouldn't mind another season necessarily, but I'd prefer quality over quantity.

Comment

The third NCIS show didn't get picked up so there will only be two shows next season...

Ziva leaving for another agency in the US doesn't make sense to me. If she still wants to be in the US and work for the government (and is allowed to) then she would be staying at NCIS. The only real alternative is that she would decide to leave government employment and go into the private sector.

Killing her off is unoriginal but since when has that stopped shows from doing something? Her death offers more drama for the surviving characters which writers love since its such an easy thing to write. Even having her leave the US and in essence abandoning the team would offer much more options for the writers to play with the remaining characters.

I personally hope that they don't kill her off since I don't want the drama that inevitably will flow from that. I found all scenes of the cast talking to dream/ghost Kate in season three very annoying so I don't want a repeat of that.

My ideal solution is having her get a very important job/assignment in Israel that she can't turn down.

Comment

I cannot see her returning to Israel - she had to renounce Israeli citizenship when she became an American. She could become disabled and turn into a consultant (security, etc.) She could stay with NCIS, but with her language skills in an international office (Rota, Spain? naw, something more exotic)
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't know that NCIS: Red didn't get picked up. I thought it had been confirmed that it would be on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                  I didn't know that NCIS: Red didn't get picked up. I thought it had been confirmed that it would be on.
                  Fraid so. The producers said that they didn't want to spread the focus to much and wanted to safeguard the original NCIS and keep it strong.

Comment

So what's going to happen now? With Ziva gone, the will they/won't they question just got answered.

Comment

depends on *how* her exit is written...
                      sigpic

Comment

What if she becomes an officer afloat or assigned to an overseas office...she's out of DC, permanently, but still there to come back of Cote and the producers want. She'd be perfect to run a middle east office with her knowledge, connections and skills.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          What if she becomes an officer afloat or assigned to an overseas office...she's out of DC, permanently, but still there to come back of Cote and the producers want. She'd be perfect to run a middle east office with her knowledge, connections and skills.
                          This I could see. The only thing is, she wants a steady place. She said in S7 that she wants a home. So, running a Middle East office makes a world of sense.
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            I cannot see her returning to Israel - she had to renounce Israeli citizenship when she became an American. She could become disabled and turn into a consultant (security, etc.) She could stay with NCIS, but with her language skills in an international office (Rota, Spain? naw, something more exotic)
                            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                            great minds
                            sigpic

Comment

To the question of whether Ziva ever served in the Israeli military...I'm pretty sure she did mention once (to Tony I think) that she had served her time before joining Mossod. I'm not sure which episode it was, but I seem to remember it.

Of course, it could have been a fic I read it in, but I could have sworn it was from the show...

I'm pretty sure the show lost me as a viewer...Ziva is my favorite character, and I don't think I'll be able to watch with her gone. It also depends on how they handle her exit. I don't know...I'll have to see how it all goes...
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Ziva going is very sad, and I hope that they don't kill the character off. There are so many ways that they could write her out without that.

Rather startled to find DiNozzo not a fave character here !!! My two faves are first Gibbs and then DiNozzo and then everyone else. I will definitely miss Ziva, but what would make me stop watching would be Gibbs leaving.

Comment

Working...
                                X