No announcement yet.

Stargate ship models by Eaglemoss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Ha'tak is shipping. Will find out tomorrow.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I just wanted to say the same. I received an email from DPD that they will deliver something from Eaglemoss tomorrow. I expect the Ha'tak ship. Maybe they could manage to send them earlier for pre-order customers.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Someone posted a picture of the underside of the Ha'tak model.

Die-cast wishlist: Death Glider (CotGFC) -Puddle Jumper (SGA S.1) - Destiny -Tel'tak (CotGFC) - Al'kesh - Atlantis (SGA S.1)- Lucian Alliance Ha'tak (SGU) - Apophis' Flagship - Wraith Hive - Wraith Super Hive - Seed Ship

Comment

Looks like the mouth of a Rancoor.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I also received my Ha'tak ship and I love it. This ship is one of the most iconic in the franchise. What else can a common Goa'uld Systemlord wish for?
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I also received my Ha'tak ship and I love it. This ship is one of the most iconic in the franchise. What else can a common Goa'uld Systemlord wish for?

By the way... the model ship of the opened Ra's ship (Kheops class) would look on a pyramid, but I doubt the have the movie rights. I love the Ha'tak ships, but since the centre is a triangle it could never land a squared base geometrical form. Ooops. Even if they showed it in SG-1 4x21 Double Jeopardy.

Comment

https://twitter.com/BenCSRobinson/st...79547731869701

No booklets due to unspecified rights issues... Bummer. The old QMX models did include sheets with orthos and some basic info, and Joseph Mallozzi shares concept art all the time... So I have no idea what keeps Eaglemoss from releasing stuff like that as well.

Does anyone here have a Twitter account to ask him if a "Shipyards" book would be possible instead?
                Last edited by dantini; 18 January 2022, 05:54 PM.

Die-cast wishlist: Death Glider (CotGFC) -Puddle Jumper (SGA S.1) - Destiny -Tel'tak (CotGFC) - Al'kesh - Atlantis (SGA S.1)- Lucian Alliance Ha'tak (SGU) - Apophis' Flagship - Wraith Hive - Wraith Super Hive - Seed Ship

Comment

Mine did arrive yesterday. I really like this. Very good model from Eaglemoss!!! Really impressed with this one. Think I'm still gonna skip the Glider though - the lack of detailing in the model doesn't seem worth it for me. (I know it was probably based on the less detailed CG model, but still.)
                  sigpic

Comment

I agree that the Death Glider doesn't look very convincing or the picture isn't the best quality. It feels like the ship is covered with some fabric instead of plastic, but probably it is just optic illusion. We have seen this glider ship a few times (2x01, 4x22, 6x03, 7x22) just to mention a few episodes so they could have found a more detailed version. I am sure even concept arts would help the artist as well.

It would be nice to find out who make these models or what other ships will be released after the Death Glider. Maybe the opinion and feedback of some hardcore fans (ehhem ehhem) should be listened. Or they could make us vote or something. As long as people buy these, I am sure they will release everything even the rarest ones.

Some fans also moaned about scales. They shouldn't simply compare them, because they will never be accurate next to each other. Maybe there could be different "cathegories" if they want to group them :
                    - shuttle : Death glider, jumper, F302, Destiny shuttle, Wraith dart, al'kesh, Cerberus, Needle Threader, Russian submarine
                    ​​-​ medium : Daedalus, Ha'tak, Beliskner, Prometheus, O'Neill, Loki's ship, rotating Replicator ship, Gadmeer ship, Martin's people ship, Ancient warship, Wraith cruiser, Traveler ship, Vanir ship, Aschen harvester
                    - large or extra large : ​​​ Atlantis, Destiny, Wraith Hive, Ori mothership, Anubis flagship, Apophis flagship, Grace aliens, SuperHive

Last edited by Platschu; 19 January 2022, 01:49 PM.

Comment

When compared to the QMX model, which is based on the screen-used VFX model, the Eaglemoss one looks even worse. No color and no details. What were they thinking?

Comment

The Death Glider can now be pre-ordered... but I wouldn't recommend it, especially since it's 5€ / £5 more than the first two models.

https://shop.eaglemoss.com/eu/hero-c...th-glider-ship

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2022/...moss-revealed/

I just wanted to share this link too. My plan was to collect all of the EagleMoss SG ships, but I am not convinced about this Death Glider. The painting is so weird like they give us a raw grey version without painting. I am sorry, but the QMX version really looks much better. I checked it on Amazon and they well it for 400 pounds (!!!!). I am not surprised more and more fans will print their own 3d models. The quality vs. the price ratio is definately not right here. And I don't know why. If they could make a proper job with the Daedalus and Ha'tak then what is this let down? Maybe I can upgrade it with my own painting, but I have never done such things before.

Comment

The Deathglider model just seems odd. For some reason it's £5 more than the others, despite being the same size and not appearing to be a more complex a model or something like that? And Like others have said the colours for it are also strange, I can't find any examples of a deathglider painted like that but surely there must be some sort of reason they've done it? I was under the impression they tend to get given the proper files/information when making these miniatures to get them accurate, I saw that one by Ed Giddings posted on previous pages but if that wasn't actually used in the show, I don't get why they'd have used that?

Do we know how many ships they're going to make, anyway? I'd read somewhere it was only 5 (or maybe 4?) but I'm not sure.
                            Last edited by TheVoidDragon; 14 February 2022, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I believe they gossiped about 12 ship models, but I can't find to confirm it anywhere.

Comment

So the detailing on the Glider is far better than I was expecting, but I still can't get over the boring grey version they went for with this. We've seen more interestingly painted versions on the show, I'd rather something like that. I'm going to skip this one, I think.

The Daedalus is still out of stock on their website unfortunately, so I'm still waiting for a chance to grab that one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X