No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m guessing they got tired of folks complaining about one thing or another. I did a quick scan of the new site, big thing for me is the SGO Mission Files are no longer All Access only. There are also a trio of ebooks there now (or were they on the old site as well? I never checked for them), and they are also availble to non-AAP members. Oh, and the Factions thing is for everyone. I’m Asgard.

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
      I’m guessing they got tired of folks complaining about one thing or another. I did a quick scan of the new site, big thing for me is the SGO Mission Files are no longer All Access only. There are also a trio of ebooks there now (or were they on the old site as well? I never checked for them), and they are also availble to non-AAP members. Oh, and the Factions thing is for everyone. I’m Asgard.
      Ah, so they finally made the Mission Files public then... That's something.
      A year too late but oh well.

The E-books were not previously available, or we would definitely have known about it. Someone would have inevitably asked when more were coming.

I'll probably end up being a Goa'uld knowing my luck and my relationship with the site.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Did a closer look at the ebooks. Looks like they’ll add a book every month, but they’ll only stay for two months. And it looks like any new ones added will be All Access.
        Last edited by mooseman; 31 May 2019, 11:06 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

All what I have noticed that the icon disappeared on my tablet. Then I had to find the app on Google Play then I had to delete the app then re-install it. So far I couldn't log in... Maybe I shouldn't log in. They have thrown away my 15 months work on the old feed without saying anything. I believe I am done with SG:C. They can make as posh app as they want if there is no foreign country extension and there is no place for free talk / quiz / fun as I can read your first feedbacks. I believe they managed to kill this small community there with this "fraction" groups. Or that is how they want to push us to make more chosen content for our "house"? I don't get the concept behind it. Because it feels like a subject folder or something...
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I’ve seen on reddit that some folks lost their All Access in the transition.

Eta: seems that some complained have gotten their passes back. So, I guess for once they ARE working on it.
            Last edited by mooseman; 31 May 2019, 02:56 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Gap -- the one with the blog -- is complaining on twitter she lost all her command coins.

It made me laugh.

I'll check it out later. Currently struggling with calculation scripts in Acrobat.

I'm sorry Platschu -- I realized earlier that everything would be gone, including all your quiz's and then realized they pretty much killed that community all on their own.

Comment

I am in finally... So far I am the 415th user with my xp level 2. The program is slooooooow. :/ When I have tried my faction quiz it has frozen after the 18th question. They need a Sorting Stargate.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Yup, this is it... I'm officially done... and it took me ages to get logged in, and then when I wanted to change my profile, I couldn't do it without also changing my password.

This pretty much seals the deal -- Stargate Command is a rotten place:

• All-new, interactive features that follow your favorite characters, adventures, and subplots from beginning to end
                  • Interviews, quiz shows and web series featuring the characters and cast you love
                  • Earn exclusive badges, level up faster, and support your faction
                  • Original Stargate episodes and movies, available 24/7
                  • All-Access Member only discussions
                  • Limited edition Stargate digital perks
                  • New and classic digital comics and e-books
                  • Early access to Stargate Command events and experiences

The grand divide is complete with their priviliged BS.

Comment

Before I take my leave (again)... I took the faction quiz, and lo and behold, I'm a member of the Tau'ri.

Apparently this now means I have access to that particular faction page and they have a discussion place -- ponders how boring that sounds.

And well... no more putting people on ignore either, it seems...

Comment

They are dividing what is already devided.... If you check the "featured discussion" then SGC then you can see David Read wrote a few comments about tailored subjects. So they have reduced who can talk and now what they can talk about... It sounds like mind controll... So, no thanks, I don't want to be part of it. This forum is free and visually more followable.

Comment

"Hi there - no, we have threaded discussions relating directly to the content. We have created areas for you to suggest discussion topics and we will be having many more activities directly with you all now!"

-----------

"Hi there! We've updated the site so that the threads and discussions are tailored to be more specific to reach everybody. The flip side of this is that the folks behind Stargate Command will be in each thread and interacting with everyone. It's a little bit less unorganized than we had before. The intent with the new site is to propel specific discussions. Hope that helps clarify,"

---------------

So much for free talk...

Comment

Looks like the ability to to private message other members has been taken away as well.

Comment

Censorship... it's called censorship...

I too am a Tau'ri. Of course, I already knew that. I mean, I'm human, live on Earth, so yeah, I'm obviously a Tau'ri. We all are (well, maybe some aren't)

But I don't care. I've moved on too. Stargate is obviously still on my radar, it will never leave. I still keep my eye on things. But SGC, whatever, is just not something I'm bothered with anymore. I just looked at it, and left. The only reason I updated my account is to just check the news every once in a while (once...).

I'm quite happy with watching Trek, the Arrowverse, Critical Role, and working on my own IP.

Comment

The only positive things are the edit button, the ebooks, the gallery (by the way my collection is much better and bigger on AG)... But these restrictions of access, then the restriction of free talk (not necessarily off-topic, just free SG related talk) is outrageous in the XXI. century where we even pay for this service. So I believe they lost me as an active user for a while. :/

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                                Censorship... it's called censorship...

I too am a Tau'ri. Of course, I already knew that. I mean, I'm human, live on Earth, so yeah, I'm obviously a Tau'ri. We all are (well, maybe some aren't)
                                Jel, we have been found out!!
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X