No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am guessing we couldn't do anything even as chosen SuperFans, NickEast. I am a bit happy now that we were not recruited as I couldn't get on well with this type of amateurish leadership.

Other. When I have checked my "subscription" button on SG:C it says that I have renewed it on 8th Octber 2018 and it will last until 7th January 2020. So everybody has got 15 months? Or will year 3 start in 2020?
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
      I am guessing we couldn't do anything even as chosen SuperFans, NickEast. I am a bit happy now that we were not recruited as I couldn't get on well with this type of amateurish leadership.
      You would have been utterly powerless, because from the comment section on the Stargate Fusion facebook page, the superfans apparently had to sign a non-disclosure agreement... and they are quite intimidating, with a certain level of monetary consequence that would have you dancing to Command/MGM's tune in seconds.

Other. When I have checked my "subscription" button on SG:C it says that I have renewed it on 8th Octber 2018 and it will last until 7th January 2020. So everybody has got 15 months? Or will year 3 start in 2020?
      No, only Original Gaters have 15 months. Everyone else who paid after the 21st only has 12 months, so a year is only until october 2019 (which gives you 3 extra months before you have to pay again).

Well, I say 12 months but I think anyone signing up now, will only have till october before having to pay again, much like last year's fiasco in that regard.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Don't mean to be a baloneyhead here, but I mean there's not much to expect... if there's absolutely nothing coming up SG-related no?
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

(still waiting on my OG Gater patch and founding member trophy, I guess that's like ordering online from China, if it comes, it comes).
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            (still waiting on my OG Gater patch and founding member trophy, I guess that's like ordering online from China, if it comes, it comes).
            Are you serious?

They still haven't send those patches out?!? Or are they "in transit".

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Are you serious?

They still haven't send those patches out?!? Or are they "in transit".
              no clue. Maybe a fellow GW could confirm, I've moved 3 times in the past year and a half so might be actually lost in transit in one of my old apts ... Although technically if they go with the address listed on my credit card it should be fine.
              Spoiler:

Comment

I also haven't received them. There were so many promises. Even the "official" Stargate Command replied in a comment to someone that they will posted now in April and provide a shipping address. Now we have reached May and still nothing.

Funny twist is. That Supreme Systemlord Sil (who used to be an active member on GW) have bought me such patched eons ago as an SG gifts. So technically I don't need that one from SG:C as I won't use it for anything, but I am guessing their own logo will be on it. Just I am interested if they promise something then it should be kept.

I have never received my download link for Catherine either....
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

I have never received my download link for Catherine either....
                  Now that you mention it, I recall getting an email notifying me I'd get my copy but yea I haven't received a link either.

*Burns a 20$ note*
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I have watched maybe 4-5 episodes since October. My bad.

(I still have got some computer issues and my 9 years old PC is dying after a few minutes. Probably I will buy a new one as it is not worth of replacing the faulty part and it would cost me more anyway. So this is one the reason I couldn't be active on SG:C as I wanted, but I still tried to post my little quiz pictures even if my PC crashed a few times on me. )

Comment

I wonder how many will up again next time their subscriptions runs out... or what Command promises then and can't deliver on.

Cause face it, this'll cost them subscriptions. And those that complain, up again and continue complaining should be smacked upside the head.

Comment

Just went into my mailbox and confirmed I did receive the "premium" dl code from Command. What I thought was a shipping notice of my "patch" was an actual electronic patch on the app giving me 3 extra months and a super special flair icon.
                        Spoiler:

Comment

At least they came through with the 3 extra months... but will you up after that?

Comment

Probably I would still pay for it as a sign of support. But my expectations are so low...

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2019/...omic-con-2019/

So Brad is not working on anything SG related according to them. Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              At least they came through with the 3 extra months... but will you up after that?
                              I definitely won't. I never actually used the streaming services to the exception of when Origins came out, don't even know why I renewed in the first place. Why would I? There's nothing new.

I waited many months before arriving at this conclusion, if nothing happened in a year I don't see anything happening anytime soon. I'm also quite fed up with all those tease (big news coming at X conference! Brad Wright has something coming up! JM talking about future of SG! Judge doing all these super nice pointless interviews!). Superfans are doing what right now? This contest was a marketing stunt, nothing more.

Considering the last twitter buzz campaign didn't produce anything even though the participation was considerable from the fans, that tells me there will be no more SG, period. We won't see a momentum like that ever again.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

That was a pretty good summary of the last year of the Stargate franchise.
                                Last edited by Platschu; 07 May 2019, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X