MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davabled View Post
    Yep, I, too, much to my own surprise, had grown fond of the feed in the SGC app.
    Compared to being told what we can talk about, I think everybody would be happy to go back to that message feed.

At the SGC anyway, cause as far as I am concerned nothing beats a good forum.

And also, compared to the 600 character comment limit at the SGC, GW offers the ability to make your posts as longwinded as you'd like -- 20,000 characters is the limit, I think. Not sure.

Being able to post a question regarding whatever episode I'm re-watching for the 7th time like "Did anyone realize the first on-screen mention of the word Naquduah was by Dr. Janet Frazier?" and get a quick response was cool. It was just starting to feel like, for the first time, I wasn't watching the show all by myself.
    If you're interested, my Proper Stargate Rewatch is home here in the episode threads, so do drop in from time to time if you like.

So, now I'm here.
    Welcome!

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
    The not-having-your-own threads is not to be restrictive, truly. We are not censoring you - quite the opposite actually. We needed to be able to offer areas for you all to actually state your opinions and feelings about Stargate in a way fans could follow more easily!!
    Hate to break it to Jenny... for as much as she tries to be the "voice of some reason", this will backfire faster than they are going to realize.

We were stating our opinions on matters, and maybe she should take a page out of GW's most active topics... the stargate ones don't rank up there anymore. If you don't have any new content to offer to everyone, stargate is the least likely topic people want to talk about.

This is nothing more but a way to control what can and cannot be said -- that is the definition of censorship.

I have spent reading the code, and I noticed a few things...

* the levels equal ranks -- level 2 = Staff Sergeant
    * I think the subscription packages are going to be subdivided somehow in the future by Platinum -- Naquadah -- Bronze. There was a subdivision like that in the code where it mentioned subscriptions
    * as mentioned a post or two ago, there are 4 words which cannot be used in a username, as they are deemed inappropriate
    * it no longer says to watch out for news on expansion, it now simply says "Content not available in your region."

And then there's one thing that made me laugh when I noticed it... There's a Founding Member badge among those silly badges.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

We are not censoring you - quite the opposite actually.
      lol I wonder if she really believes that.

At least we got the Fallen badge, FH! Whoo!
      Last edited by mooseman; 01 June 2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Note to myself : Never be an enemy of Falcon Horus. The information godmother. o.O

I have logged in one more time to join the fraction "Goa'uld" and it was easy to find the right answers to reach this goal... Goa'uld. But the whole place feels already dead within a few days, so this is a new negative record in the controversial history of the Stargate merchandise products. There are maybe 10-15 threads and only a few comments. Then we should praise our Superfans in the extra "feature" month by month? No notification? 600 character limit? No friends list? No private messages? So no thanks. Maybe their intentions were good, but this outcome is worth of starting a boycott... I would never encourage anyone to do it and follow me, but I definately will avoid them as this whole moving, the deleting has broken my sympathy. It is not just about my posts, but all jokes, little conversations, team building, private messages are gone forever without letting us know in advance.

Good news is that GateWorld is still standing. Yay.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
          lol I wonder if she really believes that.
          If her twitter is anything to go by, then I find her seriously conflicting... especially since she seems quite alright going along with the SGC's manner of operating while at the same time liking tweets which criticise the place. I mean, liking a tweet which deliberately mentions the lack of access for 189 countries doesn't seem to fit in with compliance at the site.

At least we got the Fallen badge, FH! Whoo!
          I admit, I lol'd when I saw that.

The patch has arrived... sorta.

Note to myself : Never be an enemy of Falcon Horus. The information godmother. o.O
          I can hold a grudge for a very long time.

However, some years ago I blacklisted Mallozzi and never wanted to have anything with him ever again. And look at me now, I follow him on twitter and have actual conversations with the man. So, there's always hope.

There are maybe 10-15 threads and only a few comments.
          I count less than 10 but all-access has more discussions so that's probably why I don't see as many of them (at least what the advert says for all-access, extra private discussions).

But like I said... this is going to bite them in the mik'ta sooner, rather than later.

Then we should praise our Superfans in the extra "feature" month by month?
          Not gonna praise people I don't know, or that have only their own interests at heart. They are not my superfans.

No notification? 600 character limit? No friends list? No private messages? So no thanks. Maybe their intentions were good, but this outcome is worth of starting a boycott... I would never encourage anyone to do it and follow me, but I definately will avoid them as this whole moving, the deleting has broken my sympathy. It is not just about my posts, but all jokes, little conversations, team building, private messages are gone forever without letting us know in advance.
          *gets pitchfork*

Bring it on, Lord Platschu!

Comment

Oh my goddess.... Everything tagged with AAP is thus locked for non-access, and this includes polls and quizzes. They have gone off the deep end.

Comment

What is AAP? Shall I ask Mr. Google?

I am planning to delete the app from my tablet and my mobile. There are no notification anyway. It is not worth of seeing the logo of this frelled up app as it will always remind me how they betrayed their own members.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

All Access Pass

Comment

Thanks. So AAP is the new SGTD. It sounds contagious. ????

I have deleted the app and it feels good and sad at the same time. But I will try to resist the temptation to return.

Comment

Thanks. So AAP is the new SGTD. It sounds contagious. ????
                    Only by touch, I think... ...but it's not lethal... (I hope)

I have deleted the app and it feels good and sad at the same time. But I will try to resist the temptation to return.
                    I deleted the app 2 months after installation as it was wreaking havoc on my cellphone system.

Anywho, I only access through the webpage. Much easier to get into the code to make plenty discoveries.
                    This set of developers does have a better grasp on design though -- I'll give them that.

Oh, and the different levels of "subscription" I saw are related to the badges. As a free account you can earn a maximum of 20 or so badges, but as paying members you get a whole lot more of those. As a free account, you're always at a serious disadvantage if you want to proof you're a superfan or something.
                    Polls, quizzes that were free-for-all on the previous incarnation, are now locked to all-access only.

So if you're competitive and you're locked out of all-access, it's not a good idea to sign up cause you'll rage quit in no time.

Basically, the whole place puts the franchise to shame.

Gateworld, with all its flaws, is still the best Stargate website and community on the whole of the internet.

Comment

Jeez, I never even considered the "AAP" tag and that those "features" are only available to All Access Passholders. They did go off the deep end into the abyss. I thought the world got past this? Isn't it about inclusion rather than exclusion?

One slightly positive thing out of this: I have a whole new appreciation for the people who had to fight for their rights. While this is nowhere near close to what they experience, if I already feel cheated and disgraced over this, I can understand how they must feel.

This is sad, really sad. But in this case it's not the end of the world and it doesn't affect my life. Stargate has already affected my life down to my very soul, and in turn put me where I am now, and I'm deeply grateful for that. I wanted to give something back in return, most preferably through my creativity and skills I got because of Stargate. But clearly fans are not as much appreciated as they appreciate Stargate, so that means something else gets to benefit from my skills.

Comment

Originally posted by NickEast View Post
                        Jeez, I never even considered the "AAP" tag and that those "features" are only available to All Access Passholders. They did go off the deep end into the abyss. I thought the world got past this? Isn't it about inclusion rather than exclusion?
                        We do not leave our people behind.

One slightly positive thing out of this: I have a whole new appreciation for the people who had to fight for their rights. While this is nowhere near close to what they experience, if I already feel cheated and disgraced over this, I can understand how they must feel.
                        LGBTQ+ here -- I understand perfectly.

This is sad, really sad. But in this case it's not the end of the world and it doesn't affect my life. Stargate has already affected my life down to my very soul, and in turn put me where I am now, and I'm deeply grateful for that. I wanted to give something back in return, most preferably through my creativity and skills I got because of Stargate. But clearly fans are not as much appreciated as they appreciate Stargate, so that means something else gets to benefit from my skills.
                        Word.

Comment

After a long and arduous process, I've finally managed to get back on the new SGC site. Don't know why though. I had to reset my password, and it now requires you to log in with email rather than username. That took a long time to fix.
                          How did you do this? And how long was it? I've requested a password reset 4 times over a few days and no email/link... I even emailed the [email protected] email address that helped last time I couldn't renew, with no response.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
                            How did you do this? And how long was it? I've requested a password reset 4 times over a few days and no email/link... I even emailed the [email protected] email address that helped last time I couldn't renew, with no response.
                            On the login page, you should be able to click the "Forgot password" link, after which you have to enter the email that you used to sign up with at the other website/app space. That should get you a link -- though perhaps check you junk folder, maybe it got tagged as spam or something.

I only had to try once, though I went through the website as I don't use the app -- too buggy.

Comment

I'd guess their support folks have been pretty swamped the past few days.

Comment

I'd guess their support folks have been pretty swamped the past few days.
                                If they were smart about it, they would create a general discussion in which they put all the necessary info because it's a recurring theme by now.

Also, there was gonna be a suggestion discussion topic thread thingy... Haven't seen it yet, and from the looks of it, posting has already gone down significantly. Unless it's locked to AAP only.

Comment

Working...
                                X