MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheVoidDragon View Post
    I think that Origins will most likely lead to other Stargate shows, if it has actually been a success for them. It doesn't make much sense at all to go through the effort of making an new show, setting up a streaming site, actually engaging with fans to an extent by making their youtube more active and creating behind the scenes stuff etc and then extending SGC all-access after it was supposed to end only after all that, if it was a success, to go "Well, that went pretty well! Guess we better go back to not doing anything again now".

With the waiting and lack of announcements, it seems like SGO isn't entirely finished with yet, i'm at least waiting until the extended cut thing is released and SGC subscriptions are finished with before loosing hope about anything happening.
    I pray to the Old Gods, the Seven, the Ori and Santa Claus that you are right.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I hope you will be right about it. As I said before, I don't like being hyped for Stargate again, then nothing happens. And I am still sad that not only MGM, but even GW misleaded the fans to raise false hopes.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        I hope you will be right about it. As I said before, I don't like being hyped for Stargate again, then nothing happens. And I am still sad that not only MGM, but even GW misleaded the fans to raise false hopes.
        I really hope i'm right as well. Part of the reason i'm so hopefully is because of what Christopher Judge said in an interview late last year - he said that the guys in charge now were actual fans, who were open to doing more.

Unless i've missed something, the MGM CEO was fired early last year at which point a new team took over running things (as a team, rather than one person at the top). Considering what Chris said about the people at MGM and that there actually are signs that something has changed in their approach (From no Stargate for years to suddenly a new series, site, behind the scenes etc) and that announcement was just a few months after the leadership change (and it was announced pretty much when they started to work on it), i doubt those are unrelated events. It gives me some hope that they actually will continue it if this has all been worthwhile for them.

Comment

Sssshhhh. Stop being non-reactionary! MGM are evil and out to alienate all fans! That is the singular goal they have here. /sarcasm

I'm also keen to hear something from TPTB regarding the direction now.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            FH & Others : Well to be perfectly honest, as much as they messed up with the whole geoblock thing, it's not worth excluding yourself from the fandom because of Origins.
            We are excluded by force, not our choice.

...then extending SGC all-access after it was supposed to end only after all that, if it was a success, to go "Well, that went pretty well! Guess we better go back to not doing anything again now".
            Probably the only reason they extended their all-access was because they weren't able to finish the feature cut on time, which the all-access peeps have a right to a free download. I don't even know whether they are still asking 20 dollars (but I think they are) for an all-access pass or just the 10 dollar (50% off) they started asking 2-3 weeks before May 15.

And all that behind-the-scenes stuff and whatever you're talking about is also NOT ACCESSIBLE if you're locked out of all-access. This is literally only catering to the select few.

I really hope i'm right as well. Part of the reason i'm so hopefully is because of what Christopher Judge said in an interview late last year - he said that the guys in charge now were actual fans, who were open to doing more.
            He must be talking of the Stargate Command team -- not the actual MGM people -- because yes, the staff is definitely comprised of people who are both fans and have experience in the entertainment business in a professional capacity. The person I emailed back and forth with for a while has worked for FOX Entertainment, Lucasfilm and now MGM (as a consultant). She's got quite a list of professional credentials and happens to be a fan too (who knows what fans think like or can be like). I haven't heard from her since midway April -- I don't expect any communication either, although it seemed promising what came before dialogue halted.

Unless i've missed something, the MGM CEO was fired early last year at which point a new team took over running things (as a team, rather than one person at the top).
            You're wrong about your timing. The CEO of MGM was forcefully removed in April 2018 (not last year) and a team of CCO's took over. One of the reasons of removal was that the old CEO wasn't all that interested in taking MGM into the digital streaming age (they're far behind as it is), while the man who orchestrated the take-over is much more digitally orientated.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              You're wrong about your timing. The CEO of MGM was forcefully removed in April 2018 (not last year) and a team of CCO's took over. One of the reasons of removal was that the old CEO wasn't all that interested in taking MGM into the digital streaming age (they're far behind as it is), while the man who orchestrated the take-over is much more digitally orientated.
              Oh no you're right! I mis-read the date on the article about it.

Comment

Oh no you're right! I mis-read the date on the article about it.
                Or you were just sending this message from the future?

So what's 2019 like?

Comment

Well, this is awkward and quite misleading... for which I'm sure they are breaking some rules but I would have to look that up specifically.

Apparently, at least yesterday anyway, I was able to click on all-access related items and I was able to make it all the way to the payment page without encountering the "We're working on it..." pop-up window. And no, I wasn't surfing the web on VPN -- that was turned off (I checked).

The thing is, it doesn't say anywhere on the page with the premium 20 dollar page that all-access is restricted to 6 countries. You deliberately have to click on the Payment Terms to see that information displayed in the first paragraph. This is both misleading information and, I think, actually not legal.

It's common practice to read the contract before signing but how many actually read the TOS, the privacy terms and the payment terms --- not many, that much the messages in the feed have proven. So,you'd think for honesty's sake that Command would at least mention the restriction before anyone pays and looses its money (because premium is non-refundable).

And yes, it's questionable. It took some googling but I did find it eventually: Federal Trade Commission: Truth in Advertising

Comment

Well, this is awkward and quite misleading... for which I'm sure they are breaking some rules but I would have to look that up specifically.

Apparently, at least yesterday anyway, I was able to click on all-access related items and I was able to make it all the way to the payment page without encountering the "We're working on it..." pop-up window. And no, I wasn't surfing the web on VPN -- that was turned off (I checked).

The thing is, it doesn't say anywhere on the page with the premium 20 dollar page that all-access is restricted to 6 countries. You deliberately have to click on the Payment Terms to see that information displayed in the first paragraph. This is both misleading information and, I think, actually not legal.

It's common practice to read the contract before signing but how many actually read the TOS, the privacy terms and the payment terms --- not many, that much the messages in the feed have proven. So,you'd think for honesty's sake that Command would at least mention the restriction before anyone pays and looses its money (because premium is non-refundable).

And yes, it's questionable. It took some googling but I did find it eventually: Federal Trade Commission: Truth in Advertising
                    True, a few months back I also almost tried it. I just clicked the button in the Android app and I could confirm it (after which, usually, the payment is immediately confirmed as with another purchase). I didn't, because I didn't want to lose 20 bucks in case it did go wrong and I would have to go through all that trouble to get it back.

Comment

I guess this is a bug in the APP?

Illegal? Not sure since it's in the TOS
                      Malpractice? Perhaps
                      App coding fail? Most likely

Detective Horus strikes again. Armed only with her shrewdness and wits, she brings her investigation to a new level. Her mission? Expose the dark secrets behind the SG:C conspiracy they don't want YOU to know.

*History channel narrator voice*: Could it be, that the SG:C Company were in league with the Knights Templars? And if so, would they be aware of the secret treasure cache of the lost Artifacts from the Crusades?
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I guess this is a bug in the APP?
                        That I'm able to make it to the payment page -- there was an update and I think they forgot to reactivate the code that keeps everyone not elligible out. It should scan for IP, because that's how they track but perhaps with the European GDPR they altered that setting. I don't know really...

Illegal? Not sure since it's in the TOS
                        But not on the page where you can hit buy and it should be there, so they're only half covered.

Detective Horus strikes again. Armed only with her shrewdness and wits, she brings her investigation to a new level. Her mission? Expose the dark secrets behind the SG:C conspiracy they don't want YOU to know.

*History channel narrator voice*: Could it be, that the SG:C Company were in league with the Knights Templars? And if so, would they be aware of the secret treasure cache of the lost Artifacts from the Crusades?

I like this.

Comment

They definitely did a big update cause they broke their message feed this time.

Posting comments takes forever. Nothing works as it should at the moment. Goddammit, Stargate Command's team should be ashamed of themselves right about now.

Comment

They definitely did a big update cause they broke their message feed this time.

Posting comments takes forever. Nothing works as it should at the moment. Goddammit, Stargate Command's team should be ashamed of themselves right about now.
                            Speaking of updates (....Sorry for my license, but it took me a while to escape from the tentacles of real life obligations.....) The Stargate Postcard Campaign has launched ! For the details, follow the link. Let's make it happen, folks.

https://twitter.com/StargateNow_EU
                            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus View Post
                              Speaking of updates (....Sorry for my license, but it took me a while to escape from the tentacles of real life obligations.....) The Stargate Postcard Campaign has launched ! For the details, follow the link. Let's make it happen, folks.

https://twitter.com/StargateNow_EU
                              I already spread the news.

Now to buy a nice local postcard and send it across the ocean.

Comment

I already spread the news.

Now to buy a nice local postcard and send it across the ocean.
                                Hopefully your postcard won't get geoblocked
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X