No announcement yet.

MGM Open To More Stargate Depending on Success of Stargate Origins and SGC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to me that MGM is looking for their next Cooper/Wright duo, except without falling back on Cooper/Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      It seems to me that MGM is looking for their next Cooper/Wright duo, except without falling back on Cooper/Wright.
      So say we all... Oops wrong universe.
      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
        To replace the Heighmeyer one, that act had to be important. ^_^
        She'll be back.

I just need the time to get stuff done.
        I feel it's time to make some profile changes again.

Also, your second post is serious food for thought and I really think you're onto something there.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by WraithTech View Post
          There were also pages on the various races and even whole pages and galleries for notable characters, treating them with respect, not some short and silly, xenophobic and misgendering "creature feature" blurbs. It's like someone replacing your Transformers with Gobots and thinking you won't notice.
          I can't see the SGC site content as i haven't got the all-access thing, what is there that's "xenophobic and misgendering"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoidDragon View Post
            I can't see the SGC site content as i haven't got the all-access thing, what is there that's "xenophobic and misgendering"?
            You don't need all-access to read the feed or visit the message feed, just an account (which is free to create).

WraithTech refers to the way the aliens are talked about in, for example the article Creature Feature.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVoidDragon View Post
              You are not missing much, as it is mostly people posting photos that can easily be found on Pinterest for free.

The SGC site has been putting up "creature feature" articles lately, asking who are you afraid of, and calling Stargate races "it," which is misgendering and violates the source hierarchy points 1-3.

The tie-in books do the same and worse, blatantly making up non-canon details about the way different races allegedly smell and even calling children "things" and comparing others to termite infestations. (Early Legacy books excluded. Those were against genocide and had diverse characters.)

The 1950's grade B movie poster talk makes Stargate look out-of-touch. No other modern scifi franchise does that. One does not see Ninja Turtle Leonardo nor Transformers Megatron being misgendered "it."

But, as I said, 2D characters make for cheap, short stories to be released, not long-term plots which require 3D characters and long-term commitments I doubt MGM wants to make right now.

Comment

Cheap webseries, cheap production design. What have you expected? Maybe the poster was meant to be "old style" as the story also placed before WW2.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                  Maybe the poster was meant to be "old style" as the story also placed before WW2.
                  Maybe that is it. Star Trek started in the 60s and Spock and Data are not "it." Such an article would have to predate that back in time.
                  Last edited by WraithTech; 20 May 2018, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    She'll be back.

I just need the time to get stuff done.
                    I feel it's time to make some profile changes again.

Also, your second post is serious food for thought and I really think you're onto something there.
                    We've got our best Wraith on the case
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2018/...tasy-wishlist/
                      I don't want to be rude, but what was the point of this article? To open hardly healed fresh wounds after March? Adam Bernard (I don't know his nickname here) writes an article about his imagined staff for the next SG show? Come on, Gateworld, you are better than this. Please provide "real news" when you have got confirmed informations, not just what a fan in position would imagine.... Because than everybody could write an article to Darren about possible spinoffs, actors and directors. It is not fair to tease the fans, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        I don't want to be rude, but what was the point of this article? To open hardly healed fresh wounds after March? Adam Bernard (I don't know his nickname here) writes an article about his imagined staff for the next SG show?
                        A) I don't think Adam has an account on Gateworld, not as a forum-user anyway

B) I think the point is that he's simply creating his dream-team for who he would like working on new Stargate. If there's anything to take issue with, it's that if he thinks JJ Abrams isn't a good fit, he should have left him off the list and not joke about the man (I'm not a fan of his Star Trek work, but I have no qualms with his Star Wars work -- and he autographed our replica Rey speeder bike).

C) New stargate is not in the stars -- not right now anyway -- maybe some day in the future, but I wouldn't keep my hopes up for it to be now

D) Stargate Origins was a shortlived adventure. If you've been at Stargate Command lately -- that site is dead, or in the process of dying anyway. There are maybe a max of 3 to 5 new posts per two days. The news feed is void of anything "new" and worth mentioning, and I have yet to receive any sort of mail or message that they will adjust their privacy policy to comply with the European GDPR which they are obligated to comply with as they service to Germans and Brits. They have until May 25 to make the adjustments (and since Top Fan is a datamining company, they really should get their act together).

Comment

Then why do they not write an article about how James Cameron or Steven Spielberg could write and direct the next SG show? Or what about Tricia Helfer or Lucy Lawless to join the next SG spinoff? It is no point at all to post a personal opinion as a "news" on the main page. Sorry, I am just upset and tired of waiting and now it seem that not only MGM, but even the biggest SG fan site just fools us with misleading articles and it raises false hopes. You know, I have expected that GW won't play with our feelings. Maybe I am taking it too seriously then I can only make an apology and I am sorry.

I have noticed the SG:C is dead. Finally I managed to pay for it a few days ago as I have felt they deserve such little support after 20 years of loyality to the SG franchise. I still don't like that so many countries even my own (Hungary) is closed out. So now I make a little SG:U rewatch. But I have also noticed what you said that hardly anyone posts anything useful things on the forum feed, what is really flooded with all different quality of posts (jokes, references, pictures, serious talks, fan arts). So they should have made an order there at the beginning.

Comment

All I'm gonna say is... when there's smoke there's fire.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                              All I'm gonna say is... when there's smoke there's fire.
                              Oh no, the candes are back again.

I hope you will be right. I will be quiet now, I believe I've talked enough today.
                              Last edited by Platschu; 22 May 2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

One small step for Jaffa...
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X