Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Exactly what I meant
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Queen Latifah for general, SG-1 season 9!!

May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Just answering a question posed in the "Ask Joe" thread...
        Originally posted by Kes
        Hi Joe. I saw Reckoning II this week - terrific episode by the way!

I noticed that Damian Kindler was credited as the writer but RCC was given a credit for writing certain excerpts. Since it seems RCC (and others) regularly add to and tweak scripts I was curious about this special credit.
        Spoiler:
        The episode featured a clip from 'Full Circle', which was written by RCC. That's what his credit is for. They always give credit like this when using clips from previous episodes (except "previously-on" clips).

Of course, that does not neccessarily mean that he didn't do any other "tweaking", being a show runner, but that would probably be uncredited.
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          Just answering a question posed in the "Ask Joe" thread...

Spoiler:
          The episode featured a clip from 'Full Circle', which was written by RCC. That's what his credit is for. They always give credit like this when using clips from previous episodes (except "previously-on" clips).

Of course, that does not neccessarily mean that he didn't do any other "tweaking", being a show runner, but that would probably be uncredited.
          Duh! Forgot all about that clip being in there. I thought he might have specifically written a certain part of the episode. Thanks! I'll go delete my question so as not to clutter the thread.
          Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
            Hi JM my question is now that we know a little bit about the wraith from “The Gift”
            Spoiler:
            The wraith are human/(those creatures from “38 Minutes”) hybrids
            are there any plans to explain why the ancients came to Pegasus galaxy and how the wraith become so powerful so fast.
            Yup. We do have a backstory that we'd like to reveal over the course of the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
              I may as well ask you Joe, did I see Damian in another walk-on role in Citizen Joe or am I just having visions of his life?
              Yes, that was Damian and, I suspect, his attempt to get a con invite - or a recurring role.

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                Hi Joe!

I am anxiously awating the second half on this season. It looks great!

Would you have any idea how I could get in touch with Peter DeLuise?

Thanks!
                Send your letters to Peter Deluis c/o The Bridge Studios, 2400 Boundary Road, Buraby BC...I don't recall the postal code but I'm sure you can find it online. He receives and reads all of his fan mail (unless they're story ideas of course).

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate
                  1. From where do you feel you learned the most about becoming a successful TV writer (and what was the most valuable to you) -- your education or simply writing, pitching and being in the industry? Also, what are some differences between writing for TV vs writing for the big screen, in terms of script structure and the pitch.

2. We've been hearing a lot about crossovers between Atlantis and Stargate. Are the last few episodes of both seasons inseparable? Due to scheduling differences, a lot of people will see both parts of The Siege before Moebius...will this give too much away? .

Thanks a bunch for spending so much time on the forum when you're busy writing!
                  1. I'd say working with very talented people has taught me more than I could have ever learned from any books or classes.

2. Moebius I and II fall before Siege II - but seeing one before the other won't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                    Hello Mr. Mallozzi !
                    I'm from a far far away planet (P5X-138, also known as "France" )
                    First, I'd like to thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions .

I have a specific one to ask you ...

We saw a lot of flags on the Atlantis Expedition Members Uniforms :

Australia / Belgium / Canada / Czech Republic / Germany / Japan / Paraguay
                    Philippines / Russia / Scotland / South Africa / Spain / Sweden / UK / USA / Zimbabwe [ See this thread ]

And I've been waiting for a French flag on Atlantis since the series premiere ...
                    And now I can't believe I have the opportunity to ask it right now to THE MAN :
                    Will there be a French member in the upcoming Atlantis episodes ???
                    ... at least a few seconds on screen ... but I'd be so cool for us !

You know, there's such a big SG fandom in France ...
                    SG-1 is broadcasted again and again on our TV, and the ratings are always higher and higher !
                    So ... we're just asking for a little flag on screen ... it'd be very kind ...

This question is mostly a little joke, but ... yes ! We really want it !

Thanks Joe for your great job !

Oh ... sorry for the bad grammar, english isn't my mother tongue .
                    Yes, there are definitely French members of the expedition. Are you sure you haven't seen a flag yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
                      Mr. Mallozzi ! Another question just came out from my Naquadah brain !

You know, I really LOVE the McKay character, especially since he was extended with Atlantis (such a good idea to make him come back, by the way ).

And I wanted to know some details about Jenny, McKay's sister. First, whose idea is it ? And has it been invented especially for 'Hot Zone' and 'Letters from Pegasus' ? Or was it an old idea you had since I don't know when ...

Thanks again for answering us !
                      We created backstories for all of our characters way back when - but as the series progresses, we're able to add depth to those backstories in the form of, say, a sister.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                        Mr. Mallozzi,

Howdy! We've seen mainly Egyptian and Norse mythology...are we going to see any Greek/Roman mythology-driven characters? I'm a big time Greek/Roman mythology buff and they would make some really interesting Goa'ulds.

Thanks for your time.
                        There was Cronos of course but, looking ahead, we're going to have our hands full with a whole new villain.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
                          Similar to Sdermot's above, and related to...

Having recently watched all of Babylon 5, and it being a series where they were told they had to wrap up the series in four seasons, they did, and than ended up getting a fifth season and had trouble filling it.

Has there ever been a sense that it was dangerous to wrap things up too much even when you did think that it was going to be the last season?
                          We've been wrapping up storylines since season 5 - and have yet to run out of ideas. In fact, a lot of the time, finishing up one storyline will open up a host of new possibilities. Nowhere is this more evident that in season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            1.Will we be seeing Sora in Season 2?

2. Will there be s9 sg1/s2 sga crossover involving Carter and McKay working together? (presuming McKay isn't that unexected loss in The Seige - I really hope not, got too attached to the annoying but lovable genius)

3. Given that David Hewlett is quite liberal in what he will do for his acting, will we be seeing McKay written into any embarasing situations involving lack of clothing anytime? (presuming McKay is modest in that respect)

4.What's up with the thing in (mostly later) SGA episodes where Weir/McKay (or rather the actors playing them) seem to be directed in a way that they are always in each others shots and have a few otherwise unnecessary scenes between them that never the less make the cut for a reason (such as the messages sending bit in Letters To Pegasus where they are together in the briefing room) usually it seems like the friendship/relationship is being focused on somehow and not merely a coincidence.

Thank you if you do answer any of my questions.
                            Also about the conventions - it would be great if writers and producers and behind the scenes people were at them, it's always nice to find out more about that sort of stuff. I always love finding out about that in 'making of''s which is why I'm really looking forward to the new seasons coming out on DVD, for all the special features we get on them.
                            1. Its possible...but unlikely.

2. A stronger possibility.

3. Unlikely, but that hasn't stopped David from pitching the idea over and over and over...

4. Hmmm. Not sure what you mean.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Joe

Not Stargate related but...

Was 'Patrick Pig learns to talk' about a pig whose parents take him to the Blarney stone so he'll talk????

*runs off to rumage through the attic to look for the book*

What can I say...I'm a kid at heart!!!
                              Yup.

Comment

Originally posted by impulsivelad
                                1. S1 saw Teyla embrace Earthly ways (to the point where she wears a uniform a lot of the time) in S2 will we see her in her role as the “leader” of her people? I’d like to see her alien-ness explored a bit.
                                2. More flags! Will we see more nationalities on Atlantis? More little flags on shoulders and more accents? I like the idea of having a mini-Earth in another galaxy and it adds great texture to the show.
                                3. Will the ancient gene carried by a lot of our crew be developed? These people are the decedents of an alien race, the gene had been dormant on Earth but now it’s being frequently exercised, this has got to have some impact on their biology.
                                1. Yes, we will definitely be exploring Teyla's "alien-ness".

2. More flags, yes. More accents...we'll see.

3. There will be some developments regarding the gene, but not in the way you're suggesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X