Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion of Answers from "Ask Joe Mallozzi" - Spoilers/Speculation for SG-1 and SGA

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D.C.
    The new writers he mentions, do you suppose they're freelancers or joining the proper writing staff?

i would imagine that they're adding folks to the staff. which is a good thing. i mean, we basically have the same pool of folks doing twice the work. that's gotta be hard

and fresh writers means fresh pov's and insight
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Agreed. Writers like Kathryn Powers and Heather E. Ash have written some great episodes throughout the years. Hopefully the new writers will give a fresh and original feel to the show, especially when they can help develop the new characters and like you said, bring a fresh perspective to it.

Comment

My spec. on which character won't return is:
        Spoiler:
        Selmak, I think what could possibly happen is that Selmak dies and Jacob lives like when Jolinar died inside of Sam.
        "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by elhSG1
          My spec. on which character won't return is:
          Spoiler:
          Selmak, I think what could possibly happen is that Selmak dies and Jacob lives like when Jolinar died inside of Sam.
          Oh i hope not i really liked
          Spoiler:
          him.
          Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Since the Mods have asked nicely (and several times) for people to shut up with the chatter on the Questions thread, I'll move this here.

Originally posted by Purpleyin
            Well in that case he was probably thinking of other things anyway but could you imagine McKay in a far more potentially embarassing position. Not that it would happen but wet boxers competition. I can't think of anything else right now but it would be nice to see how McKay would deal with such things because usually he brags about everything he's good at/for.
            A wet boxers competition? I don't even want to know how you know about something like that. *eyes purple warily*

McKay would never get involved in something that ridiculous. He'd see it as a frivolous and stupid waste of time and, of course, he'd harbor secret fears about how well he'd do at it.

If McKay was ever caught in flagrante, it would be by complete accident, as with the napping on the couch thing. McKay's reaction would depend on the situation. There are instances where he WOULD be very flustered and and embarrassed past speech, but I think he leans more towards bluster. "Oh, this is just blah blah blah" and spin some wild story.

The Gift
            Spoiler:

Granted, he wasn't caught without clothes, but Teyla DID catch him off guard by showing up at Heitmeyer's office (whatever the heck her name is) and his immediate reaction was to spin a wild story about how he and the doc were involved in a relationship. Sorry, but given the context in which he told it, I think it was complete BS. He was there because he needed the doctor for professional reasons and since that is a "weakness" and a sort of emotional way of getting caught with your pants down, he deflected attention from it by trying to cover his own ass (so to speak).
            Last edited by ShadowMaat; 20 January 2005, 08:11 PM.

Comment

mmhm, ok fun topic for first thing in the morning

I think if mckay got caught with his pants down, literally, he would react like felger did in Avenger

embarrassed beyond belief
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would quite like to see what McKay has under that shirt *v.b.e.g* Not that I like my guys really buff or anything. But a nicely toned upper body is always lovely to look at.

Maybe we should take this to the McKay thunk thread...
                Last edited by GateGipsy; 20 January 2005, 05:36 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

1st class idea! It will clear out the fluff nicely!
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    fresh writers means fresh pov's and insight
                    Besides certain characters that I'd like to see returning in Year Nine, new writers are definitely, for me, the most exciting thing about the new year.

When Manny Coto was added to the writing staff of Enterprise I was stunned by his work. In fact my favorite episode from Season Three, "Azati Prime," is his story.

IMO more writing talent is welcome in Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by David
                      Besides certain characters that I'd like to see returning in Year Nine, new writers are definitely, for me, the most exciting thing about the new year.

When Manny Coto was added to the writing staff of Enterprise I was stunned by his work. In fact my favorite episode from Season Three, "Azati Prime," is his story.

I second that, David! New writers can come at the show with a fresh eye and maybe help to reveal hidden depts in our beloved characters.
                      - Mark Twain -

Comment

Exactly. It's so exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by David

Ehh, I'd kill to get Robert Hewett Wolfe or Ronald Moore or Ira Steven Behr on board. I don't think SG1 has ever done anything as strong as 'In the Pale Moonlight' or 'Rocks and Shoals' and they bloody well could with such a strong cast and crew. Abyss is pretty close, thinking about it.

FF (sorry, scratch this SG1 fan and there is still a DS9 fan inside waiting to get out)
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's hoping we'll see a lot more than a few of some of our past friends like Jacob/Selmak and Hammond. I miss them.
                            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by Frostfox
                              Ehh, I'd kill to get Robert Hewett Wolfe or Ronald Moore or Ira Steven Behr on board. I don't think SG1 has ever done anything as strong as 'In the Pale Moonlight' or 'Rocks and Shoals' and they bloody well could with such a strong cast and crew. Abyss is pretty close, thinking about it.

FF (sorry, scratch this SG1 fan and there is still a DS9 fan inside waiting to get out)
                              "In the Pale Moonlight" was one of the best sci-fi pieces I've ever seen across the spectrum of shows. I am also a DS9 fan - will always be.
                              - Mark Twain -

Comment

Me too. I loved DS9. However, I have to say that I think Stargate does do better over all.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X