X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me, it would be:

From best to worst: 4, 8, 3, 2, 7, 6, 5, 1

But there have been highs and lows in each......more highs, though, than anything else!

Comment

1) Season 3
      2) Season 1
      3) Season 7
      4) Season 4
      5) Season 2
      6) Season 8
      7 & 8) are a toss up between seasons 5 and 6.

By NO means am I belittling the series by ranking the seasons. I truly enjoy all the SG episodes (God knows I have seen them all 5 times or more each ). The more I watch season 6 over and over the more I warm up to Jonas.
      Last edited by the Fifth Race; 28 June 2005, 07:52 AM.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

From best to "not-so-good" : 4, 3, 2, 1, 7, 8, 6, 5

I do enjoy watching season 5 and 6 on DVD, there is not a single episode I would skip, but these are the two seasons I enjoy watching the less

Comment

Best
          Season 3, Season 4, Season 2, Season 1 (In order) - The sense of team was more prevalent and the stories were good. There are a few eps I can't stand, but I can watch pretty much everything in these seasons...

Middling
          Season 6, Season 5 - You could see certain people in the show start to tire of being there, which I think reflected in what was seen on screen. Some of the stories were scraping the barrel a bit as well. I liked the departure of Daniel Jackson (awaits stoning from MS devotees) - you could tell that MS was totally pissed off with the whole situation, and I enjoyed having Jonas in for the season. It's a shame they haven't found a way to use Corin Nemec again.

Shark-bait
          Season 8, Season 7 - The worst seasons in my opinion, S8 especially, they both totally sucked. I couldn't even tell you at length why I feel that way, since I only watched a handful of the episodes properly cos I found them so unengaging. By S8, it was purely on because it was on before Atlantis...I can only hope the new characters breathe some life back into it...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

best to worst: 3&4,5,7,8,2,6,1
            i don't think that 1 and 6 are terrible, but in season 1 you expect them to make mistakes when a show is still finding its feet... and season 6 wasn't bad, but it wasn't the same without daniel, and jonas couldn't make up for his absence. there were many good episodes in 2 but there were also some big mistake eps (e.g. one small step, spirits (die die die!!))
            3 and 4 were the best imo, hardly a bad episode in there, i couldn't really choose between them.
            sigpic
            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Best to worst:

Season 4: Some of the best episodes of any season, including two of my favorites, "Absolute Power" and "Window of Opportunity." Lots of variety in the types of shows, from comedic to serious. The team is close enough that they're comfortable together but they don't seem to be vaguely bored with each other like they do in some of the later seasons.

Season 5: Same reasons as season 4, really.

Season 3: Kind of a transitional period between the novelty of the series and getting used to it. Good episodes, but I think the threads they establish are better used in some of the later seasons' episodes that pick up on them.

Season 2: The team really started coming together and everything, but it wasn't quite as exciting as later seasons.

Season 6: I really, really liked Jonas. If it were feasible, I would've LOVED to see him stay on the team, but alas for me. His enthusiasm for everything Earth-based made the whole season seem fresh and exciting, which was cool. Plus, season 6 was the one where they really started picking up on the Ancient and ascended being storylines and tied them together, and I love the Ancient stuff.

Season 1: The whole series felt kind of awkward back here thanks to its drastic departure from the movie, but of course the seeds for something great were sown.

Season 7: Daniel came back and this continued the Ancient stuff to some extent, but I thought the rest of the season was a bit uneventful.

Season 8: Last mostly because the whole first half of the season was a bit weak. The second half was great though, especially "The Reckoning" two-parter.

Of course, it goes without saying that I enjoyed all of the seasons to varying degrees, given the fact that I'm still excited about it and actively follow its development.
                Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

If Season 9 stays at its current quality, I'd stick it after 3, before 4. I'm quite enjoying it.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

Well i sorta trailed out from season two, it felt pretty far from the Stargate Movie, but i was only 8 years old, so my opinion doesn't really count Having said that, I got back into it in season 8, while watching random episodes from various seasons throughout the years - I found the story arc (when Jack had to admit that (Quote: I care about her, alot more than i'm supposed to) ) Particularly well structured and enjoyable. I found season 8 somewhat without a flow of any single story, but after the season break, it tied up many of the stories, and finally in "threads" the story was fantastically written. However I must say that Season 9 is topping anything i've seen, story wise, even with it's new characters, and will probably be my favourite, but i think it could have been carried out better with another spinoff what with all the cast changes.

Comment

Best seasons?
                      7 - this is when I really started paying attention to the show and watching new episodes, and found it alot better than the other seasons, mostly cause I watched the whole thing in order before i watched the rest of it in order. and fight over antartica was amazing, could of been better but the feel it gave you was cool.

6 - brought us to know Baal, Daniel came back ascended, showed us the horrors that any sg unit could go thru(jack getting tortured..)

Middle

1 - show did well getting to its feet, although the first few episodes were horrible(not including the pilot)
                      2 - gave alittle bit more than season 1
                      3 - About the same as two
                      4 - about the same as three

worst
                      Although entertaining at times, it was boring.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

In order from best to worst:

Season 4 -- Great eps, few stinkers, lots of good dev't for Sam, good plots.

Season 3 -- Again lots of great Sam and also Jacob moments, few bad eps.

Season 5 -- Solidly good.

Season 8 -- Overall, much better than I had expected.

Season 2 -- Decent.

Season 6 -- Decent.

Season 1 -- Not so great, but still good for a first season.

Season 7 -- Definitely my least favourite.

Comment

My favorites from best to worst:

6, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

When a show lasts this long, it's easy to look back to the initial couple of seasons and giggle. They haven't ironed out the details yet and the characters, props and support characters are kinda funky.

Comment

Season 1 = 5/10. A good start, some weak episodes and limited scope in terms of what was happening but a good set-up for Stargate.

Season 2 = 7/10. Nice introduction to the Tokra etc. Some same-old but also some very "out there" episodes. Much preferred Daniel Jackson in this season.

Season 3 = 9/10. One of my favourite seasons.

Season 4 = 7/10. A good season of episodes but I don't find them very re-watchable and unique.

Season 5 = 10/10. My absolute favourite season! Some of my favourite episodes and some of the most intense storylines in the entire series.

Season 6 = 8/10. Nothing really stands out in this season but I still enjoy most of them very much and can watch them more than once. I really liked Jonus Quinn and would say my fav episodes are the first couple and the last one.

Season 7 = 6/10. A good season and the most recent DVD set to be added to my collection. Sadly, although I enjoyed the episodes, I must say that the only episodes I can re-watch again and again are "Lost City 1&2" while the others rarely re-attract me.

Season 8 = 4/10. Generally a dire disappointment. I was mainly attracted to the episodes for the humour and my loyalty to the series but I must say the only decent episodes are found at the beginning and end of the season. I missed SG-1 visiting other planets, I missed O'Neill as colonel and SG-1 leader, I missed Hammond and I missed the usual SG-1 stuff.

Season 9 = Un-rated. I have seen the first few episodes and so far, I'd give it an 8 out of 10. It's certainly great to see SG-1 back on form after playing as back-up loser to the wonders of Atlantis last year. I miss O'Neill but am loving the rise of the Ori and the new actors.
                            //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                            Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Working...
                            X