Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best- Season 4-when the show was on Fire also Window of opportunity.
    Season 3- Urgo!!! and the return of the Tollan also a great cliffhanger ending with the introduction to the replicators.
    Season 8- You ask why I say look at Its good to be king,Reckoning pt 1&2, Threads Mobiuspt 1&2 and the best done clip show yet.

Middle-
    Season 1-The Show wsa making a Transition from Film To TV series and not too many great episodes in their.
    Season 2 - Introducing The Agard
    season 5 - Come on I liked it you had the death of Aphophis Wormhole X-Treme & Summit and Last Stand.
    Season 7- some good and bad plus Teal'c got to talk and say things like 'O'neil has informed me that ive got my Mojo back.'

Worst
    Season 6- What a lousy season I couldnt see Jonas as a proper replacement for Daniel and only really liked the ones with Daniel in thats Abbys, The Changeling and Full Circle however i liked the introduction to Human FOrm Replicators and That comedy episode with the other guys.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Okay lets have a look see:
      #1-Season8-so far soo good
      #2-Season4
      #3-Season3
      #4-Season1
      #5-Season7
      #6-Season2
      #7-Season6
      #8-Season5

sig made by Samjackshiplover
      http://www.myspace.com/docker22

Comment

Ok well

#1 season 3
        #2 season 6
        #3 season 8
        #4 season 4
        #5 season 2
        #6 season 1
        #7 season 5
        #8 season 7
        Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
          I basically agree with the original poster.

I have difficultly ranking the first three seasons. They are far and above the best the show has ever had, and, sadly, ever will have. I give a slight edge to Season 2, followed by 1 and then 3 although I'm hyped on Season 1 right now, having just finished rewatching it.

Season 6 comes in next. Damage had already been done at this point, but everything was quite watchable. Jonas was a welcome replacement for the misused Daniel Jackson.

Now that Season 8 is half over, I feel comfortable tentatively assigning it the next slot, assuming that the quality holds up (which it did NOT during the course of Season 7). It's been a bit too Earth-centric recently, but everything's been sort of watchable, and they've given up making excuses for O'Neill's absense. Comical Anubis is mercifully dead and the Jaffa rebellion is proceeding apace. I'm optimistic.

Season 5 is a contender for 5th place. It continued the mediocrity established by Season 4 without being overtly offensive.

Season 4 was not good. In the first 7 or so episodes, I had a rash of WTF?! moments while watching the show:
          • Boring "Alien" ripoff. WTF?!
          • Space Nazis. WTF?!
          • Superpowers. WTF?!
          • Seven of Tokra. WTF?!
          • Jack suddenly in love with Carter. Please God, this can't be happening... Can it? WTF?!

Then "The First Ones" came along and I was happy again, but the shock of bad episode after bad episode had already done its damage and the rest of the season was just mediocre.

Finally, Season 7. After a shaky first half, I couldn't even watch most of the second half of the season. I kept wishing that someone would just put a bullet in the thing.
          See, I'm almost completely the opposite. This is how I'd rank them. Seasons one and two were full of bad writing, worse acting, and horrificly cheesy sets/costumes. Most eps, I rarely watch, or only watch portions of. Three and four were good, five was fantastic, six was very good, and while the first half of season seven had the occasional weak spot, if you skipped the second half you missed some of the best Stargate eps ever. In particular, Heroes (both parts) and Inauguration/Lost City I & II. (I don't think Inauguration should be watched by itself; it is basically a prologue to LC.) Season Eight, first half was hit-n-miss, like first half of seven; second half (so far), with the exception of Gemini, is shaping up to be absolutely awesome.
          My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
          -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
          -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
          -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

I liked the season where Anubis made his presence felt when he had Thor prisoner. As I have yet to view parts of S6 & S7 & S8, I will reserve judgement at this time.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

at the top:

6, 5, 4

in the middle:

3, 7, 8 (though i haven't seen the whole season yet, so this could go up to the top... it's on the wire right now )

at the bottom:

1, 2

Comment

*Season 4 (With crossroads, 2010, Absolute power---very good episode, window of opportunity, beneath the surface, and upgrades makes a great season. Also because I started watching more of Stargate in season 4).
                *Season 5 and 3
                *Seasons 1 (Of course Children of the Gods is one of the best episodes) and 2
                *Seasons 6 and 7 (Season 7 had the 4 best episodes of the series those being Heroes 1&2 and Lost City 1&2. These are the kind of episodes that make Stargate what it is.)

Season 8 haven't fully seen so can't place it.

Really can't rate the seasons because all the episodes fall in line, well most do. One event leads to another. Stargate is still the better of all the scifi shows past and present.
                "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
                The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Oh, indeed, ranking the seasons!

#1 - 3 - One brilliant story-telling after the other. Most ideas were already developed quite nicely to avoid stupid mistakes, all in all I think there are exactly two episodes I would refer to as mediocre in this season (Seth and Nemesis.)
                  #2 - season 1 - the stories were actually very, very good. They goofed a lot, experimenting with a new show, the humour wasn't as developed and free as in other seasons, but it was going strong. Sides, I'm nostalgic. I can't lower the nostalgia factor of "first stargate season!"
                  #3 - Season 8 - from one hand it had a couple of horrible stories, a couple of mediocre stories... but the stories tht ran brilliant did run brilliantly, a lot of problems from previous seasons were fixed... I really enjoyed this season.
                  #4 - season 2 - great stories, for the most part. Had some more goofs from season 1 concerning bad stories, but it was still going strong. Needed more humour tho..
                  #5 - season 5 - The entire second part of the season was brilliant, there were almost no filler up episodes, but the first part- except for the odd episode towards the end (2001, Between two Fires) was mediocre and I'm with the people (and Charlene ) who have a problem with the team dynamcs in that season. I loved the movie because of the mythology story-telling, I became a complete addict of the show from day one because of the mythology but also because of the Jack and Daniel friendship, I jsut felt it was missing in seasons 4-5.
                  #6 - season 7 - They had a lot of problems with RDA's schedulae, granted. They didn't know what to do with their time. The first part of the season was very problematic, a huge amount of filler-up episodes, not enough Jack... The second part vertainly improved but if I look for brilliant episodes like I did in previous season I can nly find a few.
                  #7 - season 4 - nope, sorry. Sexual tension is fine, when it's not pressed too much - there was a lot of shipping in season 8 and most of it I didn't mind at all. It was just too pressed in season 4, though, and I felt came at the expanse of more important storylines. Also a lot of filler-up episodes and mediocre ones.
                  #8 - season 6 - well. It's not about Daniel leaving (completely...), it's more about a badly written replacement - Jonas' characters was jsut too much underdeveloped, and IMHO uninteresting. There was a huge amount of filler up episodes, mediocre episodes... thng is, I mind the mediocre ones more than the bad ones. Don't get me wrong, season 6 had more bad episodes that any other season in the show, but it also had more mediocre ones - and they're jsut frustrating, either a waste of a perfectly good 45 minutes that could have told a more interesting story - or worse, a good story compeltely missed and messed up with.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

In short:
                    1st Season 8
                    2nd Season 7
                    3rd Season 3
                    4th Season 5
                    5th Season 6
                    6th Season 1
                    7th Season 4
                    8th Season 2

In not so short: (Minor spoilers included, those in Season 8 are written in white)

Season 1: Children of the Gods and Enemy Within were a good way to introduce the evil enemy and start the series. The Nox and Thor's Hammer (and The Torment of Tantalus) were the first great episodes that gave a hint that there was big things out there. Good season finale. Yet there were episodes which should have never seen daylight: Emancipation, Cold Lazarus (well the episode developed character of Jack, so thats acceptable), Politics (nononono gnaaaah, "remember this?" episode)

Season 2: Season started with fantastic second half of the two parter, The Serpent's Lair. Introduction of the Asgards (Thor's Chariot) and the Tok'ra gave new boost to the series. The Fifth Race and 1969 are among the best episodes in the series. Most of episodes were ok: not bad not that good either. I didn't like Spirits or One False Step at all.. and the season finale, what the f..fiddle were they thinking?

Season 3: The same thing that bothered Season 2 seemed to continue also in Season 3. Main story wasn't developing at all and the writers consentrated on fill-in episodes such as Learning Curve, Point of View (I liked this one), Dead Man Switch, Past and Present, Foothold, Urgo and Crystal Skull. The episodes weren't bad but they didn't seem to contribute to the main story arch of the show. Jolinar's Memories, The Devil You Know and the first WOW!-class season ending developed the story and saved the season from total destruction. Also Maternal Instinct told us that the ancients still exist.

Season 4: Can't write much about this one. Full of ok episodes. There is actually no episodes I could rate either sucky or great (well Small Victories was great...). Season finale was better than in Season 2 but worse than in Season 1 or 3.

Season 5: Enemies as a start of the season was a blessing to the series. Finally Apophis was dead and new really bad foes could replace him. Summit and Last Stand were great in my opinion. We got our first true super enemy Anubis which was a nice turn.

Season 6: Oh where is Daniel? I think he should have been part of regular cast but gladly he appeared atleast in couple of episodes. Jonas replaced him nicely but he didn't have the same blink in his eye as Daniel did. While Frozen opened up the history of the ancients, abyss developed the character of Jack and relationship with him and Daniel. Prometheus: cool we have a large spaceship. Disclosure nearly left me braindead; Only Thor's comment "supreme commander (lifts his finger)" saved the ending of the episode. The Changeling was an exellent episode, again one of the best in series. I liked the season finale as it fulfilled my expections.

Season 7: Yay Daniel is back and the start of the season couldn't be better! Revisions, Lifeboat and Ressurection were filling episodes this time, didn't like them much. In addition to the start of the season we saw unbeliveable twoparters: Evolution, Heroes and Lost City. Just fantastic.

Season 8: Lack of RDA was not a good turn for the show, but I understand the actor wants to retire already. There was no bad episodes in the latest season. Gemini and Prometheus Unbound could have been made a bit better but they were still atleast average episodes. New Orders and It's Good to Be King were great episodes with action and return of our friend Mayborne. The Asgard of Covenant was an OMG experience and the Furlings quote in Citizen Joe made my day. Season ending was the best on yet. Reckoning being and Amazing twoparter with capital A. Thread continued where Recknoning left and closed some very very old story archs. Moebius was a bit disappointing since nothing extremely radical happened in it as it should in season finale. Still that darn fish keeps hounting in my mind. I wouldn't mind if the whole series had ended after Threads, it was just that good but I'm glad the end didn't come after Moebius..that would have made me mad. Waiting for Season 9. Hoping for the best and fearing for the worst.

Thanks if you actually managed to read all this and sorry for my english.

Comment

Best S1
                      It seemed A long time coming for A new SCI FI series to come along, I'm A big fan of Star Trek and was looking forward to something new and I wasn't disappointed. Some great character development here for an opening season.

Having trouble here, I keep flinking through the episode guide and can't make up my mind, so I have come up with a plan, I counted the eps I liked from each season and didn't take too much time pondering over each ep, you either like it or you don't.

S4 20
                      S8 18/20 (This is higher than I expected, maybe it's because it still fresh in my mind)
                      S5 19
                      S3 18
                      S2 18
                      S7 18
                      S6 17

Not much difference really, I think the main reasons for this is because I don't mind some of the stand alone episodes and I have never had any major problems with the relationship side of SG1.

Comment

I'm beating a dead horse here but...

My favorite seasons were all of the earlier ones where ships were not so prevalent. Season 7 got out of control, and Prommy Unbound is a festering dung heap that illustrates even further how out of control the whole Star Trek crap has gotten.

Sorry if I stepped on any feelers , but hey, what do I know?

EDIT: I'd also like to add my dissapointment with the diminishing team relationship. They never go through the gate together anymore . That says it all right there... But season 8 has had some very cool episodes.

Comment

Best: Season 1 - Everything was unknown and you had no idea what to expect when they'd go through the gate, and it was low-tech compared with other seasons, meaning they had to be more creative in problem solving.
                          Next: Season 2 & 3 - Still a lot of fresh ideas almost as good as season one.
                          I can't choose a worst season, I liked them all too much. I'm sure that season's 1, 2, and 3 were slightly better for my taste.
                          Spoiler:
                          Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Season 2 and three were the best. Season 1 comes after and the rest are all cool. I like them all but the last two weren't at the same level as the first six.
                            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

best

season 6,7 and 1

middle 2,3,4 and 5

unlike most people i love seasons 6 and 7 that when i really started to get in to stargate

Comment

From best to worst: 4, 3, 2, 8, 6, 5, 7, 1

That's not to say seasons 1 was crap though. It was still great!

I love season 4 because they were the episodes that got me in to stargate. Upgrades was the first episode I saw. Then I saw Window of Opportunity and I fell in love with the show!

BTW Season 9 sounds great. Can't wait till September/October to see it on Sky one.
                                'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

Working...
                                X