This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
    Why does accepting your fate mean that you have to be a wraith worshipper? What has worship got to do with knowing there's nothing you can do to stop them so may as well just accept that and do your best to work around it?
    Oh yes there is if not the Lanteans would not have fought them off for a 100 years and neither would have anyone else. Something that has never made any sense about the Wraith is that humans are theiir only food source. In nature most species eat a variety of either plants or animals or both and not eat solely one species, even giant pandas can switch and eat meat if necesary.

And you can shove your argument of accepting your fate where the sun does not shine. Though it explains a lot doesn't it? I mean according to that logic we should not fight off diseases and we should let them take their course and kill us. The same with the Goa'uld, Ori and everything there is because is just fate...

And on that note:

Originally posted by Mike. View Post
    There's no overwhelming majority, just a few people with too much time on their hands who like arguing for the sake of arguing. Pointless really. In such things the message is not important, it's just an exercise of persuasion and ego.

They don't represent the views of the complete fandom, only their own. A vocal minority is not the majority.

I assume that this is about 'Are humans the most evil species in SG' & Related threads, yeah, I just rolled my eyes and browsed on. A friend once said that it's like watching monkeys slinging poo.
    Words to live by...
    The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
      And you can shove your argument of accepting your fate where the sun does not shine. Though it explains a lot doesn't it? I mean according to that logic we should not fight off diseases and we should let them take their course and kill us. The same with the Goa'uld, Ori and everything there is because is just fate...
      How do you get to that through any logical route? Just because simple agrarian societies with access to nothing more than primitive weaponry can't hope to successfully fight back against the Wraith so instead accept their fate and learn to live with it doesn't mean that we shouldn't fight off diseases, or the Goa'uld, or the Ori, or anything else we can successfully fight back against for that matter. It seems to me that you're very much stuck in the 'you're either with us or against us' mentality when it comes to looking at any situation. You appear to be unable to accept that there can be middle grounds and it doesn't have to be, in this case, either fighting constantly against the Wraith or in cahoots with them. You can be opposed to them but realise there's not anything you can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazeh View Post
        How do you get to that through any logical route? Just because simple agrarian societies with access to nothing more than primitive weaponry can't hope to successfully fight back against the Wraith so instead accept their fate and learn to live with it doesn't mean that we shouldn't fight off diseases, or the Goa'uld, or the Ori, or anything else we can successfully fight back against for that matter. It seems to me that you're very much stuck in the 'you're either with us or against us' mentality when it comes to looking at any situation. You appear to be unable to accept that there can be middle grounds and it doesn't have to be, in this case, either fighting constantly against the Wraith or in cahoots with them. You can be opposed to them but realise there's not anything you can do about it.
        Except they do not a good example are the Athosians themselves from whom Teiila Emagan is a member.
        The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

In answer to the topic question, in a word, no they are not.
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Working...
          X