Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they've had the same lifestyle for over 10,000 years, if they're going to give it up just because of some invaders whove been there for 5 years then theyre incredibly weak-willed
    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post
      they've had the same lifestyle for over 10,000 years, if they're going to give it up just because of some invaders whove been there for 5 years then theyre incredibly weak-willed
      I'm sure some Wraith have questioned that lifestyle over such a timespan.

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1239 View Post

Comment

"Humans are a blight on galactic purity. You, sir! You are a blight!"

Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 23 April 2010, 08:22 PM.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            So have vegetarians on Earth, but they still make up a minuscule portion of our population.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

You can spin most of Stargate so that we're the bad guys.

Except for the Atlantis Expedition. That doesn't really need spinning, that group of people is just flat-out guilty.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Ellis and the IOA and SGC bombed the Asurans in First Strike.
                Rodney turned off the no attack Wraith code in the Asurans.
                The Asurans eliminated the Wraith food source by destroying whole planets.
                Rodney unknowingly allowed the Asurans to kill billions/millions of people.

The Atlantis team went to trial and was found not guilty. (Inquisition)

To answer your question, the Atlantis expedition is not the most evil.
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                  The Atlantis team went to trial and was found not guilty. (Inquisition)

To answer your question, the Atlantis expedition is not the most evil.
                  By backroom politicking and judge/jury tampering. The result of that trial was a colossal injustice.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

So was O.J's trial.

Guilty until proven innocent.

Or

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Rodney used the Asurans to kill the Wraith and it was working. The Asurans changed the rules.

Still not the bad guys.

Comment

Criminal negligence -- awakening the Wraith
                      Medical experimentation on POWs -- Michael
                      Launching aggressive war on the Asurans -- First Strike
                      Willful negligence -- Reprogramming the Asurans
                      Usage of a suicide bomber - FRAN
                      Accessory to murder -- Henry Wallace
                      Judge/jury tampering in a war crimes case -- Inquisition
                      Wanton destruction of military assets in time of war -- Every ship they ever captured

Seriously, if these people were held to the standards set in real life, they'd all be serving life terms in prison. In decades past, they would've been either hanged or lined up against a wall and shot.

This was one of the big reasons I could never enjoy Atlantis, the "heroes" were really villains masquerading as heroes. And that's just no fun to watch.

Comment

Why watch something you find fundamentally wrong?

You really must not have had THAT big of a problem if you continued to watch.

In Rising part two was a rescue mission pure and simple. the Wraith waking up was an accident. not homicide.
                        Ronon was out there being hunted so the Wraith weren't ALL asleep.

FRAN. She was a Friendly Replicating ANdriod. She's a Android, not D.A.R.Y.L.

Wallace was guilty of 2 counts Kidnapping, 1 count of attempted murder. He wasn't getting out of jail.

I'm pretty sure they only blew up hive ships.

A lot of the things that the Atlantis team did were out of stupidity and good ideas gone wrong.

Comment

The Asurans changed the rules.
                          how did they change the rules? there weren't rules to begin with, except for "eliminate the wraith" and "don't hurt the lantean ancients who tried to wipe you out to cover up their mistake". they were originally designed to be a weapon, without morality programming. not expecting them to attack the wraith's food supply was an oversight on mckay's part. after the attack code reactivated, the asurans devised a new plan and adapted just like they were designed to. they're still fully sentient but forced to exterminate the wraith at any cost by their code.

it's funny how the jaffa were just let off the hook after being freed despite committing countless atrocities at the order of the goa'uld - the asurans are slaved to their programming in a similar manner. mckay had a chance to fix that in progeny. even more interesting is how carter fully supported the plan to completely destroy the asurans but strongly opposed using the symbiote poison on even a few thousand jaffa. double standard much

it doesn't matter if the atlantis team's mistakes were accidental. they still resulted in massive innocent casualties in pegasus.
                          Last edited by asdf1239; 23 April 2010, 11:12 PM.
                          R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Why watch something you find fundamentally wrong?
                            (Misguided) hope that it would get better.

Comment

Teal'c, in the Ark of Truth reminded me of what Spike said to the Buffy and the gang in the season 4 episode "Pangs"

Spike: Ceaser was a conquerer! He didn't say "We came, we saw, we conquered, but we feel really bad about it"

Teal'c was Apophis's right hand man. He has never once denied the things he did or try to reason away what he did.

The Goul'd are bad!
                              The Wraith are bad!

Blow them all up!

People try to make SGA and SG-1 out to be the bad guys, they just are out there trying to help the people who are being oppressed or enslaved or worse being used for food.

I would want them on my side. If I lived in the P.G and if it meant that my child would live to be an adult and my people could advance beyond the bronze age, then yes I would want there to be away to get rid of the Wraith. If people died in doing so I hope that they have family that can thrive after the Wraith or Goul'd are gone.

SGA and SG-1 are the good guys!

Comment

....The Wraith are bad!

Blow them all up!

People try to make SGA and SG-1 out to be the bad guys, they just are out there trying to help the people who are being oppressed or enslaved or worse being used for food.
                                if a previously unknown group started attacking us in an effort to liberate all our livestock, would they be considered the good guys or the bad guys?
                                R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Working...
                                X