Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Worshippers are a horrible bunch of people. They sell out their own kind.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

1: they appear to be actually brainwashed ( Broken Ties and Reunion)
      2: it's survival. humans do creepy stuff when they need to survive

Comment

The process of Wraith worshipping is not voluntary. The Wraith, usually a leader of some kind, feeds and gives back life repeatably. This has a narcotic affect, and not to soon, the human can't resist worshipping said Wraith.
        My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
        sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

The Humans are always trying to "help" other races by shoving their views of morality down their throats. Maybe its because of the American military?

I dunno, the humans aka SG1 did plenty of despicable things they thought would save humanity as a whole, like TRAP FIFTH IN THE TIME DILATION FIELD! OH NOES!

I doubt the humans are evil, just naive and selfish above all else. But they do show great potential
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
            The process of Wraith worshipping is not voluntary. The Wraith, usually a leader of some kind, feeds and gives back life repeatably. This has a narcotic affect, and not to soon, the human can't resist worshipping said Wraith.
            I had generally figured that was only the case with that particular group of Wraith in Broken Ties. And to be honest I'm not really sure how much sense that made. Sure the wraith can make humans addicted to their enzyme and getting their life restored but how exactly does that necessarily translate into worshiping the wraith?
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              I had generally figured that was only the case with that particular group of Wraith in Broken Ties. And to be honest I'm not really sure how much sense that made. Sure the wraith can make humans addicted to their enzyme and getting their life restored but how exactly does that necessarily translate into worshiping the wraith?
              I think it's a need syndrome, the worshippers become like puppies, where they know that their only source of supply is we humans for all their needs, visavis the worshippers look up to the Wraith to feed this need. Hence they are not essentially evil just subverted.

Oh and with Fifth, I agree in that episode, that was so wrong. He had shown he was trustworthy, and his programming was compatible with humanity, they should have taken him somewhere safe imo

Comment

the enzyme affects brain chemistry. like what happened to Ford.

as to fifth: replicarter was also perfectly thrustworthy....

Comment

Uh, no she wasn't. Fifth and Replicarter were nothing alike when SG-1 respectively met each of them.

The thing about Ford vs Ronon in Broken Ties is that, the "Drug Wraith" somehow seemed to gain Ronon's loyalty. That was something I had a little trouble buying. Sure he was addicted to the enzyme, but Ford was too and he cut out Wraith glands and basically feed on them. Why didn't Ronon start doing that?
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Uh, no she wasn't. Fifth and Replicarter were nothing alike when SG-1 respectively met each of them.
                    power of sarcasm. my point is, replicarter seemed perfectly believable but wasn't. on the other hand, Fifth perhaps helped, perhaps not. we don't know. well, we couldn't know. it's only afterwards that we found out that his intentions were true. O'neill was right in not trusting him.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      furthermore, the wraith see us as food. however they commonly commit xenocide for no other purpose than threat annihilation. yes we do annihilate food sometimes. the IQ of our food is significantly lower. the only way we'd get close to the wraith scenario is eating dolphins.
                      Some humans do eat dolphins/whales, as well as crows, several species of chimpanzees though humans can survive without feeding off of them. So we are pretty close to that scenario, IMO at least. Though I don't think feeding off of these creatures necessarily makes us evil, nor do I think the Wraith are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by natyanayaki View Post
                        Some humans do eat dolphins/whales, as well as crows, several species of chimpanzees though humans can survive without feeding off of them. So we are pretty close to that scenario, IMO at least. Though I don't think feeding off of these creatures necessarily makes us evil, nor do I think the Wraith are evil.
                        Not all humans eat endangered species, in fact we have entire Organisations devoted to protecting them. The Wraith do not make concerted efforts to find a way to avoid feeding on humans. They do it willingly and they prosecute humans food sources mercilessly. And, as Killman has alluded to, they also WIPE SPECIES OUT if they think they pose a threat. That sound pretty evil to me, and ther eis no possible way you can defended them, or justify the bolded quote.

And before you turn round and say "ah, but Humans do that too", yes, some of us do, but that is no arguement against the Wraith being evil, it just means they are as evil as us. Whcih, if you look at the thread heading, is asking is we are the MOST evil.
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

The only difference with us mere humans, is that though there are swaiths of evility amongst us, there is an equal amount doing good, none of that relates to the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                            The only difference with us mere humans, is that though there are swaiths of evility amongst us, there is an equal amount doing good, none of that relates to the Wraith.
                            The Wraith just want to eat their natural food supply, not exactly your textbook "evil."
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Of all the worthless threads ever posted this takes the crown hands down, up and any way you like! But is exactly like those that argue that Earth should have thought about it before fighting off the Goa'uld, Ori etc. Because just leaving things as they were and having allowed any of them to wipe us out would have been the correct choice, can anyone say, pllleeease!!!!!
                              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                The Wraith just want to eat their natural food supply, not exactly your textbook "evil."
                                Yes but they also wantonly attack any planet that gets too cocky as well.

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                                Of all the worthless threads ever posted this takes the crown hands down, up and any way you like! But is exactly like those that argue that Earth should have thought about it before fighting off the Goa'uld, Ori etc. Because just leaving things as they were and having allowed any of them to wipe us out would have been the correct choice, can anyone say, pllleeease!!!!!
                                What???????? This is like any other thread of debate. But if you can't make logical statement, why post here?

Comment

Working...
                                X