No announcement yet.

Daleks vs. Replicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly don't know, I am a fan of both universes....but I really don't know. I think I may actually choose the Replicators as energy weapons don't seem to effect the Replicators as in SG1, only bullets.

Comment

Daleks are bullet-proof (and pretty much everything-else proof, given their armour and personal forcefield). They're flying tanks. Bug replicators are not bullet-proof (as SG-1 has proved), and would need to penetrate the Dalek forcefield and "assimilate" Dalek technology if they wanted to stand a chance against them. Sorry, but advantage: Daleks. Human-form Replicators may fare better, though, so I don't know. Be cool to see, though. Fanfic fodder?
      Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I'd have to go with the Daleks. They have an immense powerful time travel technology, weaponry, and most importantly, defenses. They technically don't need a ship to travel in space. Just 4 Daleks are capable of destroying a star. That says something about their power.
        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 17 February 2010, 01:11 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
          I'm going with the Replicators. I never could fully accept how the daleks could be so successful when they lack suffficent mobility. The replicators would climb all over them and there is nothing they could do about it.
          Like so?

I doubt that they'd be able to break through a Daleks shield, and also a single Dalek had the power to download the entire internet. Yes. All of it. Even 4chan. And use it as a power source to heal itself.

And also you mentioned insufficient mobility in a Dalek? Daleks can fly. Yeah. Which means they could simply fly over the replicators. Also since the Daleks managed to match the Time Lords in physical power at the apex of the Time War, it's likely that they were able to create similar states of existence. The female council member in the End of Time stated that the battles in the war comprised of entire civilisations dying and being brought back to life through time travel to die in worser ways than before, constantly, over and over in pure chaos.

To counter the Time Lords, the Daleks must have had their own kind of Tardis or Tardis technology meaning that they had perfect vessels for travelling not only across space in little to no time at all, but also through time and dimensions. In my Time Lords v Ancients thread someone supported the Ancients by saying that they have time manipulation technology so that meant they could do anything the Time Lords could do, which is absolute tripe. Tardis's can travel from one point in space to another in a couple of seconds, if that, whereas it would take a time-puddle jumper millions of years to make that distance (as their time travel capabilties match the time machine that featured in an episode of Red Dwarf. Sure, they can travel in time, but only to the same place they were. A Tardis can so thousands more things).
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Cool Pic Mapp
            no means no, and so does pepper spray
            Sig by The Carpenter
            sigpic

Comment

I'll get back to you after my son has dug out his Daleks and Replicators to do battle with. Of course after he gets his Gold command Cylon for his 10th birthday the battle may start anew.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                I'll get back to you after my son has dug out his Daleks and Replicators to do battle with. Of course after he gets his Gold command Cylon for his 10th birthday the battle may start anew.
                Are you spoiling somebody.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                  Like so?

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...lantis0030.jpg

I doubt that they'd be able to break through a Daleks shield, and also a single Dalek had the power to download the entire internet. Yes. All of it. Even 4chan. And use it as a power source to heal itself.

And also you mentioned insufficient mobility in a Dalek? Daleks can fly. Yeah. Which means they could simply fly over the replicators. Also since the Daleks managed to match the Time Lords in physical power at the apex of the Time War, it's likely that they were able to create similar states of existence. The female council member in the End of Time stated that the battles in the war comprised of entire civilisations dying and being brought back to life through time travel to die in worser ways than before, constantly, over and over in pure chaos.

To counter the Time Lords, the Daleks must have had their own kind of Tardis or Tardis technology meaning that they had perfect vessels for travelling not only across space in little to no time at all, but also through time and dimensions. In my Time Lords v Ancients thread someone supported the Ancients by saying that they have time manipulation technology so that meant they could do anything the Time Lords could do, which is absolute tripe. Tardis's can travel from one point in space to another in a couple of seconds, if that, whereas it would take a time-puddle jumper millions of years to make that distance (as their time travel capabilties match the time machine that featured in an episode of Red Dwarf. Sure, they can travel in time, but only to the same place they were. A Tardis can so thousands more things).
                  The Daleks had their own version of the Eye of Harmony and the Time Lords apparently didn't know about it. This almost certainly placed the Daleks' time travel capability and potential on virtually equal footing with the Time Lords.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Are you spoiling somebody.
                    Never! Can I help it he has the SG-1 team (though Sam is Replicator Sam), all the Atlantis team that's out, both gates... and okay he's spoiled. I was NOT allowed boy toys being a girl and only having sisters! I treasured my She Ra action figure and one racing car. And when my son's at school how is he suppose to know that I'm playing with his action figures? HA! The poor thing has the coolest Tardis. Okay two. One is just the Tardis that fits one action figure and makes noises when you pretend it flying through time and space. The other is a playset and makes lots of cool noises and everyone hangs out in that Tardis. Different universes cross a LOT in his room. I'm sure there's going to be a big bang someday when there's too many and the Doctor steps through the SGA gate. Oh wait, he already has.
                    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Definitely the Daleks! There's no way that a replicator could get through the Dalek's shields. Also no race in Stargate has anywhere near the capabilities to fight a Time War.

Comment

the darleks would win since they would EXTERMINATE the replicaters. though if a replicator finds a way to gain a darleks tech then it would become a whole different game with a close out come.
                        time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
                        sigpic

Comment

Flee from a predator a man who has two hearts these vile tin cans with inside their coffins bring death to galaxies but these cans these coffins made of metal and age are taken they are eaten by many mouths which only need 3 blocks to form another Daleks would lose and remember repilcators have played with the laws of time remember the whole planet of them and what happen to make them look human

Comment

No question..... Daleks FTW
                            Last Movie Watched
                            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                            Life is Strange

Comment

Daleks would win. They can make new style weapons within a short period of time if needed.
                              Watch the John Pertwee (3rd Doctor) episode Death to the Daleks.
                              Although Replicators can adapt so can Daleks.

Comment

replicators adapt & win

/thread

Comment

Working...
                                X