This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfax View Post
    No, but the Wraith indroduced would get into eternal fights with the ancients, like Oma and Anubis.
    Why would they?

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
      Not quite. The Ancients are probably the product of natural Evolution, but Humans were designed by the Ancients with their DNA (that's why they're the second form). How exactly is unknown, but given references to Humans seemingly evolving on Earth and our knowledge of Evolution it's possible that they seeded their DNA (via the device on Dakara) into the local animal population so Humans would come out of the mammals that already existed. And who has a clue as to how they created the Humans in the Pegasus galaxy. Could've been in test tubes for all we know, but it's certain that if not for the willing actions of the Ancients, Humanity never would've been around.

well they did not make them with a device like the one on dakara or they would have made it to kill the wraith
      I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
      "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
        well they did not make them with a device like the one on dakara or they would have made it to kill the wraith
        Nothing that they have said suggests that the device could be used to target the DNA of one specific species. Especially not one who's DNA has Human DNA in it. So, I think it's perfectly logical to assume that they would never use such a device because doing so would kill both Humans and Wraith.

Instead, I think the best reason for them not having the same device is that previously they lead us to believe that it was built by the ancients dying of plaque as a last ditch effort to recreate their species after all else failed. It appears as though the Ancients of Atlantis left before it was completed, so after the brilliant Ancient minds that created the device died of the plaque, (and their motivation to push previous boundries also was gone) the knowledge of how it was completed was probably lost. Of course it's possible that the Ancients of Atlantis were aware that it was being worked on through communications and had their scientists try to create the same device from scratch in the Pegasus Galaxy or a communication was sent to them with the specs once it was completed. So you never know.

But, if they had a high awareness of it, they could've just used the Milky Way one by gating to that world with a ZPM. Then using that ZPM on the gate and dialing the Pegasus galaxy from Dakara. For all we know they created Human life in the Pegasus galaxy by doing just that and then keeping those who went there under isolation until it was certain they didn't catch the plaque (a ship could've picked up the team so the ZPM was taken with them or the ZPM could've been left there and was found by the Goa'uld who had idea what it was and eventually became the treasure found in Egypt).

Also we don't know that they have complete genocide in them - Early on they tried to talk to the Wraith, only to have their best warships destroyed in a trap. Their plan always could've been to beat the Wraith in the war and then find a way to keep them alive without them having to feed on Humans. We do know that they are capable of attemting to completely destroy sentient machines who had done nothing wrong at that point, but to them that was an experient. They may see sentient organic life that has a pre-established culture in a completely different way.
        Last edited by Sicktem; 09 September 2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I'm a little surprised that even one person would turn it down. There's no question I'd sign up for ascension, and I'd play ball, too. I'd love it.

Comment

I don't think I could. Simply because I'd find out the truth of how the stargate would work, then I'd be tempted to smite people who contradicted me in the forums.

Comment

Yes I would why not I would be able to live forever find out about all the secrets in the universe and I could haunt people

Comment

ascended beings are pathetic, I chose other because; I wouldn't need to ascend and play by their rules when it has been established that they have their limits. Merlin hid from them in another dimension. They had to send a mortalized ascended one to capture him. Simple enough. If I ascend, I go as far back to mortality as merlin did,build his device and take an entire lab worth of creations in the out of phase dimension with me. Fully ascend and build a time machine, go to the distant past and return within phase. Return to the level that merlin was at, clone myself using the means anubis did. After cloning myself tens of thousands of time assist all of my duplicates to ascend. Giving each the means to do as I did effectively recreating tens of millions of ascended me. Then creating dimensional mirrors and spreading across the multiverse doing the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  Yes, and I'm going to absolutely ruin **** up there. First off I'll start ascending hordes of the most vicious Wraith I can find and reintroducing them to their old ancient buddies who've turned a blind eye to all the suffering their various legacies have caused for oh so long.

I loathe the way they hide from taking responsability for their past, so using their old enemies, whom they escaped via ascencion, as my little lesson in empathy seems oh so fitting.

I'm with you
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

Ascending don't makes you all powerful or all knowing. Proof:episode full circle

Daniel:No I don't know. All I know is what Oma has taught me. Ascension doesn't make you all knowing or all powerful. It is just the beginning of the journey.

But for the question no i would never ascend because of the rules maybe in another galaxy but never in MW,Pegasus,Ida or Ori galaxy.
                    I would like to fly with this baby.

Comment

Yes, and I'm going to absolutely ruin **** up there. First off I'll start ascending hordes of the most vicious Wraith I can find and reintroducing them to their old ancient buddies who've turned a blind eye to all the suffering their various legacies have caused for oh so long.

I loathe the way they hide from taking responsability for their past, so using their old enemies, whom they escaped via ascencion, as my little lesson in empathy seems oh so fitting.
                      What a narrow-minded view of things... If WE were fighting a vicious race of beings that had evolved accidentally and without our meaning to have them evolve, that were slaughtering us by the thousands, would YOU stay and fight forever, even as your family and friends died around you?

Don't bother answering. The answer is "no". No one would stay and fight a war they knew was impossible to win. The Wraith were NOT the Ancients' fault, they evolved accidentally by feeding on humans the Ancients spread in Pegasus.

Now, you can say "well, they put them there, didn't they?", and I say "Could you keep track of every single species in an entire galaxy?" Again, no. They couldn't see EVERYTHING, and it's perfectly reasonable that on a single planet out of millions, something went wrong that they didn't notice right away.

And, just to finish, the Ancients don't hide from their responsibilites; they fought the Wraith for hundreds of years, sacrificing themselves to protect the billions of PRIMITIVE humans, until they were too few to continue. That's valiant if you ask me, and deserving of praise. They tried their hardest, but ultimately had to give up. They didn't ascend to escape the Wraith, either, Morgan told Daniel that they ascended back on Earth because it was either that or try to live among the humans on some world.

BTW: Speaking of empathy, why don't YOU try and use some and step away from your Ancient-hatred for a moment?

Anywho, back on topic...

I'd ascend in a heartbeat, no matter the rules the Ancients have. I'd love every second of it.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                        What a narrow-minded view of things... If WE were fighting a vicious race of beings that had evolved accidentally and without our meaning to have them evolve, that were slaughtering us by the thousands, would YOU stay and fight forever, even as your family and friends died around you?
                        I'm not going to ruin their happy little paradise because they ran from the Wraith, I'm going to ruin it because of all the other things they've let happen as a result of their high and mighty attitudes of "non interference".

They forget that they were once like us, they lack empathy, they lack sympathy and they lack respect for the lives of those they deam "infeariors". I'm going to try and teach them all of those things. If it's alright for them to create a monster and then sit by idly while it destroys our homes with their technology, well then, lets see how much they enjoy it when the monsters are rampaging through theirs.

And, just to finish, the Ancients don't hide from their responsibilites; they fought the Wraith for hundreds of years, sacrificing themselves to protect the billions of PRIMITIVE humans, until they were too few to continue. That's valiant if you ask me, and deserving of praise. They tried their hardest, but ultimately had to give up. They didn't ascend to escape the Wraith, either, Morgan told Daniel that they ascended back on Earth because it was either that or try to live among the humans on some world.
                        They were indeed better people before they ascended. After they seem to have become little more than arrogant, cruel and callous demi-gods.

BTW: Speaking of empathy, why don't YOU try and use some and step away from your Ancient-hatred for a moment?
                        I'll stop hating them when they can come up with a convincing reason to allow a being they created to murder an entire galaxy of sentient beings with one of their devices. Also note that "to torture one of our own kind by extinguishing billions of lives in some sadistic game" does not make for a compelling reason.

As far as I'm concerned they're one of the most darkly evil races in the entire series. Their evil is especially diabolical however as it comes with such a facade of nobility and grace due to their legacy in the material plane, that it's sometimes difficult to see what twisted creatures they've become since that time. Their's is the evil of inaction. The evil of seeing someone in desperate need and simply turning your back callously, despite the fact it would cost you virtually nothing to render aid and the events that placed them in their current situation can be linked back to you quite directly.

Basically the ancients are an entire race of people who would see a guy bleeding to death on a sidewalk, pleading for help, and walk around him. Furthermore if you want to incorperate Anubis into the analogy, they let the guy who shot him out of the nuthouse, and he used one of the many guns they left lying in the street for anyone to find, to shoot him.

Comment

No. It sounds too restricted to me.
                          "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                          'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                          Individuality is freedom lived.
                          'Janis Joplin'

Comment

They were indeed better people before they ascended. After they seem to have become little more than arrogant, cruel and callous demi-gods.
                            Perhaps they found out when they ascended that what you feel is good and just/sympathetic etc are not required...

Comment

That whole absolute power thing corrupting and all yes...

Comment

Exactly. Remember, Morgan told daniel that if the ancients interfered they would be no better than the Ori...

Comment

Working...
                                X