Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I would dedicate my life to being a good Ancient Being as long as i can still talk to my friends once in a while. not change anything but just have short talks

Comment

I spose being able to go places in a flash of light and be there for friends in a spiritual way would be a good aspect of it, but if it really did come down to it, i don't think i would accept accension, there are too many rules and i would feek more useless than powerdul, whats the point in power if you can't use it... i still don't get the ascended... or the ancients for that matter!

Comment

I would ascend, there's always the option of going back to human form again and anyway, if you're ascended you could go back to exactly the same point where you ascended at exactly the same time... so it'd be like nothing happened. Except you'd have all the knowledge of the universe

Comment

I don't know how long I'd last before I got booted out.... let's see, unlimited power (I'd get rid of all SUVs, to start), but as an Ascended being, no taxes, no health issues, and you wouldn't have to wait for SGA to air as you could snap your finger and have the DVD from the studio in hand. Oh wait, heck, you could hang around the studio. Oh oh, this is sounding more like a plot from Supernatural!

Comment

Originally posted by HAL View Post
            Humans are also a creation of the ancients why does one creation have rights over another?
            Umm, no they are not. Humans are a product of Evolution. While Wraith are a product of blending a Bug with a Humans which were brought there by the Ancients.
            We are born capable of greatness... If we are to be who we are, and what we are; if we are to accomplish great things, then we must learn the heart's most essential rule:

Comment

if the ancients belived in free will so much then i would ascend and have the free will to do anything i wanted and give them the finger and tell them to kiss my fat glowing ascended arse!!!
              sigpic

Comment

As long as I could do it like Merlin (ascend then descend with all the ascended knowledge) then I'd be well up for it. Once you came back down to mortal form again, you could use all your advanced knowledge to create the most advanced technologies ever seen. Say use it to singlehandedly destroy the Wraith, Ori, Goa'uld, Replicators all by yourself.

Then you can create some sort of advanced body, like that of the Wraith. Which if properly maintained won't ever die, minus the feeding part of course).

If that wasn't allowed then what would be the point of descending again only to lose everything you learned while ascended. Kinda defeats the purpose of doing the thing in the 1st place.

Of course you could simply live as an ascended being, be immortal & learn the secrets of the universe etc. However there really isn't any point consaidering that you can't interfere. So if you see something horrible happening, then you can do nothing about it. Which seeing as I ain't such a person, then would definitely be kicked out of their little club instantly for not following their rulebook.

Ascension is good in the fact that it allows you to cheat death. However if all your loved ones can't come with you, then eternity & the universe can be a very lonely place indeed.

With all the rules & restrictions placed upon you, it really isn't worth all the hassle.

Comment

why run from death? Could you really live for ever? You would leave everyone you know behind, which would be hard. I wouldn't, death is necessary eventually, its the ends to a great life ( or not).

Comment

Yes, and I'm going to absolutely ruin **** up there. First off I'll start ascending hordes of the most vicious Wraith I can find and reintroducing them to their old ancient buddies who've turned a blind eye to all the suffering their various legacies have caused for oh so long.

I loathe the way they hide from taking responsability for their past, so using their old enemies, whom they escaped via ascencion, as my little lesson in empathy seems oh so fitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                      Yes, and I'm going to absolutely ruin **** up there. First off I'll start ascending hordes of the most vicious Wraith I can find and reintroducing them to their old ancient buddies who've turned a blind eye to all the suffering their various legacies have caused for oh so long.

I loathe the way they hide from taking responsability for their past, so using their old enemies, whom they escaped via ascencion, as my little lesson in empathy seems oh so fitting.
                      humm can writh hand suck glowing light
                      I'm also know as "Meredith" on Keepthegateopen.net and SG community.com
                      "No it only sound ridiculous till you hear yourself say I'm trapped on a spaceship stuck in a time dilation field."

http://sg1.stargatecommunity.com/eluvatar

Comment

A resounding yes! SO you can't use your powers but you can live forever have all that knowledge and you can live among them as long as you don't slip up that you ascended etc. And if you do get bored, you can take human form again.

Sweet deal if you ask me
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by eluvatar View Post
                          humm can writh hand suck glowing light
                          No, but the Wraith indroduced would get into eternal fights with the ancients, like Oma and Anubis.
                          sigpic

Comment

That is assuming you could actually ascend the wraith in the first place, AND that the others did not stop you from doing so..

Comment

All that knowledge? Absolutely!

Only thing is, I'd be tempted to use my powers to fix Global Warming, and make everyone see the wisdom of vegetarianism. Worthy uses of my power (in my opinion), but the rest of the ascended gang might not be too pleased.....

Comment

Originally posted by EarthandBeyond View Post
                                Umm, no they are not. Humans are a product of Evolution. While Wraith are a product of blending a Bug with a Humans which were brought there by the Ancients.
                                Not quite. The Ancients are probably the product of natural Evolution, but Humans were designed by the Ancients with their DNA (that's why they're the second form). How exactly is unknown, but given references to Humans seemingly evolving on Earth and our knowledge of Evolution it's possible that they seeded their DNA (via the device on Dakara) into the local animal population so Humans would come out of the mammals that already existed. And who has a clue as to how they created the Humans in the Pegasus galaxy. Could've been in test tubes for all we know, but it's certain that if not for the willing actions of the Ancients, Humanity never would've been around.

Comment

Working...
                                X