Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else get tired of Teal'c's constant "indeed"s?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck no! Hearing him say 'indeed' is like slurping down a mocha with whipped cream. It never gets old.
    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by placid View Post
      I'm catching up still, I'm midway through season 9 now and it's started getting on my nerves that he ALWAYS has to reply with "Indeed.", even when it's not an appropriate answer (i.e. "yes" or "that is true" or something else would flow more naturally, indeed often sounds stilted and forced and it's-Teal'c-so-he-must-say-indeed). It's like the scriptwriters just got locked into him replying any positive affirmation with "indeed" and that was that, no way no how it could be anything else. A shame. I enjoyed his "indeed"s in earlier seasons, but he could've integrated another word or two as the series progressed.
      in my culture, i'd be well within my rights to kill you where you stand
      sigpic
      EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
      -Liberty Prime

Comment

Originally posted by rlr149 View Post
        in my culture, i'd be well within my rights to kill you where you stand
        indeed. but i would not be at liberty to utilize contractions.
        sigpic
        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
        Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
          indeed. but i would not be at liberty to utilize contractions.
          then you *insert gender specific title here*, are at the disadvantage, as I now have the power of paraphrasing over you................

Last edited by rlr149; 06 July 2007, 05:24 PM.
          sigpic
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

then you *insert gender specific title here*, are at the disadvantage, as I now have the power of paraphrasing over you................
            then i counter that you are not at liberty to use any Teal'c icon, as you are not from his culture.
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

then i counter that you are not at liberty to use any Teal'c icon, as you are not from his culture.
              damn, got to delete my sig then, cos i'm not an asgard or an air force officer either.....................hang on, i can't use ANY smilies cos I don't have a pac-man-esque appearance......................

curse you and your ridiculous logic
              sigpic
              -Liberty Prime

Comment

damn, got to delete my sig then, cos i'm not an asgard or an air force officer either.....................hang on, i can't use ANY smilies cos I don't have a pac-man-esque appearance......................

curse you and your ridiculous logic
                my logic is not based upon your characterization as related to icons, but your use of them to imply an untruth. as of yet, your aforementioned teal'c icon is the only problematic one. your lack of pac-man-esque appearance is no concern my mine.
                sigpic

Comment

my logic is not based upon your characterization as related to icons, but your use of them to imply an untruth. as of yet, your aforementioned teal'c icon is the only problematic one. your lack of pac-man-esque appearance is no concern my mine.
                  as the forum seems to be short of 'me' "animated gifs"{not an icon, if you want to be picky about it} I had to use the "angriest" one available to me..........................hence or I could have used I suppose, but i prefer the first one.

and for future reference.................I'll use what gif i want, when i want too
                  sigpic
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

you do that.
                    sigpic

Comment

So using PR's list we can extrapolate Teal'c's number of indeeds:

Season 2: 4 times
                      Season 3: 5 times
                      Season 4: 11 times
                      Season 5: 14 times
                      Season 6: 18 times
                      Season 7: 24 times
                      Season 8: 33 times
                      Season 9: 19 times
                      Season 10: 15 times

So the worst offence was actually season 8 although as time progressed there did (indeed) seem to be an increase in the number of individual indeeds per ep. Sometimes he even says it three or four times in a single episode.

I'm all for having a catchphrase, but if O'Neill had said "For cryin' out loud" SIX TIMES in one ep (like Teal'c's "indeeds" in Moebius part 1) I think it might have nagged at fans a bit more.

Comment

you do that.
                        sigpic
                        -Liberty Prime

Comment

not at all!-its his thing.... but i do indeed vomit at the overuse of "LOL" and refuse to ever actually use the word myself
                          .... and "ROTFL" makes me wanna punch a baby
                          ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Get tired of Teal'c saying "Indeed!"? No way. Now if he had done it for all those seasons, and then suddenly stopped, that would make me upset.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Honestly, the idea of getting tired of that, if anything, I would be a hypocrite, because I say it about as much as Teal'c does (sure, admittedly, I probably picked it up from him, but that's not really the point).

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Get tired of Teal'c saying "Indeed!"? No way. Now if he had done it for all those seasons, and then suddenly stopped, that would make me upset.

Comment

Working...
                                X