Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linzi View Post

At the end of the day, JM was accidentally misquoted. It was a mistake. JM was probably tired and fed up and blogs are for expressing our feelings, and how we feel at the time we post them. If we're peed off, then I guess it's ok for us to post our annoyance on them - I mean has anyone read Cheeky lil devil's blog? It might have been diplomatic to not mention GW by name though, especially because spoilers have now been confirmed for me! HEEEE! I don't care though. My fault for reading them.
    Let's not talk about her, she's more trouble than she's worth. At the end of the day, it'll all be forgotten about come next Friday.

ETA: I think you're right there Jel she's veeeery strange, best stay away from her as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I read it once. I think we found someone to match Peg's level of insanity. Maybe we can give JM pork chops from a flying pig.
      I don't know, you and Cheeky have a lot in common!

At the end of the day, JM gives us spoilers, piccies, clarifies our fandom queries etc... I personally wouldn't survive the time in between seasons without the little tidbits he gives us - and I'm extremely grateful for that. He doesn't have to do that, and though at times I could happily stuff a few choccies in his mouth on the whole I think he means well. Others might not see it that way, but I personally do. He's not perfect by any means, but then again, nor am I.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't know, you and Cheeky have a lot in common!
        Whoses Cheeky?
        At the end of the day, JM gives us spoilers, piccies, clarifies our fandom queries etc... I personally wouldn't survive the time in between seasons without the little tidbits he gives us - and I'm extremely grateful for that. He doesn't have to do that, and though at times I could happily stuff a few choccies in his mouth on the whole I think he means well. Others might not see it that way, but I personally do. He's not perfect by any means, but then again, nor am I.
        90% of the spoilers come from his blog. You sent him treats and not me
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Whoses Cheeky?

90% of the spoilers come from his blog. You sent him treats and not me
          Whumpy treats, naturally!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
            Ah damage control! I've not heard that terminology for a while I think personally everyone has an off day where we're a bit ratty and need to have a good rant. I was like that yesterday, maybe there was a full moon last nite
            Ah,then you're not watching the US news. I've heard 'damage control' a lot with the presidential race.

Originally posted by Frostfox View Post
            But I came here from Trek fandom and TPTB over at Paramount would never let one of their staff have the kind of interactions we have with Bridge. So it's swings and roundabouts; we get the insider info from Joe but we have to put up with Joe's own issues.
            Yup, basically, to get spoilers and stuff via JM's blog, you have to put up with ... the rest I've seen staff at TV shows interact with fans (in one particular fandom, that person nearly got fired for his interaction with fans). Usually those at the top of the food chain have more freedom in what they say; someone like Alex Levine (on SciFi blog) does not. And I suspsect that's one reason JM's blog isn't housed at any official site like MGm or SciFi.

Comment

Actually Prion, I'd like to correct say one thing regarding your comment that people get all bent out of shape when Joe says something bad about GW but do nothing when he insults the fans. That's really not true. In fact, when he made his blog entry with his snide comment aimed specifically at you and Shadow I distinctly remember quite a lot of people getting upset, myself included. It was once again a case of where I felt that, while Joe should be able to express himself freely on his own blog, he didn't handle his upset over the surge of negativity towards the show in the most mature and/or constructive way.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Ah,then you're not watching the US news. I've heard 'damage control' a lot with the presidential race.

Yup, basically, to get spoilers and stuff via JM's blog, you have to put up with ... the rest I've seen staff at TV shows interact with fans (in one particular fandom, that person nearly got fired for his interaction with fans). Usually those at the top of the food chain have more freedom in what they say; someone like Alex Levine (on SciFi blog) does not. And I suspsect that's one reason JM's blog isn't housed at any official site like MGm or SciFi.
                Alas no (thankfully) the presidential debates do my head in. I feel the urge to say something. Our politicians are exactly the same, lots said, but no substance! hence the reason I could never do politics, i'm not subtle enough.

I don't know why you 'have' to put up with it, if things aren't right, then you've got that same right to say something. Thing is with this 'whole thing' i'm not qualified to say anything, because I really don't know what happened, and i'm not going to specualte who said what in what context.

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                Actually Prion, I'd like to correct say one thing regarding your comment that people get all bent out of shape when Joe says something bad about GW but do nothing when he insults the fans. That's really not true. In fact, when he made his blog entry with his snide comment aimed specifically at you and Shadow I distinctly remember quite a lot of people getting upset, myself included. It was once again a case of where I felt that, while Joe should be able to express himself freely on his own blog, he didn't handle his upset over the surge of negativity towards the show in the most mature and/or constructive way.
                Maybe Darren should start a blog!

Comment

i think my issue with it is....it's not like he e-mailed darren and said 'you have this wrong...' (to the best of my knowledge and under the presumption that if joe said 'you need to change...' darren woudl do it) and darren said 'bite me' and didn't do it.

Joe tossed a temper tantrum and snarked off at a person that - might not be termed a close friend - but is certainly a profesional acquaintance'

just not nice

not unexpected given joe's penchant to snark in his blog but not nice
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    i think my issue with it is....it's not like he e-mailed darren and said 'you have this wrong...' (to the best of my knowledge and under the presumption that if joe said 'you need to change...' darren woudl do it) and darren said 'bite me' and didn't do it.

Joe tossed a temper tantrum and snarked off at a person that - might not be termed a close friend - but is certainly a profesional acquaintance'

just not nice

Makes you wonder just how exactly did he let Torri go, doesn't it? And why she doesn't want to return for season 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

just not nice

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      Makes you wonder just how exactly did he let Torri go, doesn't it? And why she doesn't want to return for season 5?
                      It might be wise to leave Torri out of this situation. We do not know the full reasons for Torri declining the role. Maybe she got a better job offer, who knows. Fans need to stop bashing the producers and vice versa, Joe could of been more polite, he was upset, yes, but should of been handled behind the scenes. They just produced one of the best episodes of the season and perhaps beyond that IMO, so I am happy with them at the helm.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                        Let's not cast aspertions without knowing the facts. What happens behind closed doors should imo stay there, and shouldn't be open for discussion personally. It's none of our business.

Comment

yes, let's leave torri out of it.

as i've said before, we don't know the reasons she said no, and they could be some very good ones, so let's not go starting rumors or speculating about stuff we know nothing about
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought for this post - "February 15, 2008: Okay, so I’m willing to be raked over the coals for things I DO say. But I have to draw the line…" he was talking about Carson and how he got misquoted. Is he actually talking about Weir?

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSunset View Post
                              I thought for this post - "February 15, 2008: Okay, so I’m willing to be raked over the coals for things I DO say. But I have to draw the line…" he was talking about Carson and how he got misquoted. Is he actually talking about Weir?
                              I don't think so. I think he's acknowledging he does make mistakes sometimes, and accepts that and takes responsibility for them, or perhaps for things that he says that the fandom might not like, or certain factions of said fandom. I really wish we could just all leave Torri and Weir out of things, please? I mean generally out of the discussion
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm less annoyed by the calling out of GW (yeah, it's not a nice thing and tbh, Joe should have done it in private, but at the end of the day, GW's a journalist service, and the journalist ran a story without checking it properly, thus getting the facts wrong, and therefore risking a slap). I'm more annoyed that he did it BEFORE the ep airs, highlighting (and effectively confirming) the spoiler - yeah, he's trying to avoid loads of comments next week on his blog - but it could all just as easily have been avoided by calling Darren privately now (and him editing the story this week) and then saying it in his first blog after the ep airs (meantioning GW then if he has to).

All in all, bad form from both sides. The sad thing is, Darren and team'll learn from it (and check their sources properly next time), Joe's proven with a long line of such incidents that he won't.
                                I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

Working...
                                X