Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe posted this in his blog on September 18th...

Atlantis premieres in less than two weeks and despite the fact that the latest research suggests DVR use is impacting our ratings by as much as 22%, I’m feeling confident. Both SciFi and MGM are gearing up their promotion machines and the episodes we‘ve finished are looking great. Yep. Confident. Not overly, but quietly so. Still, just in case, I’d like each of you to find a friend with a Nielsen box and go watch the show at their place. Make it worth their while. Bring cookies (preferably the chewy kind without raisins)!
    It is to my knowledge that DVR and Tivo are now counted towards the ratings. Is he feeling confident that the season will do well? I am just a little confused. I have seen a lot of ads on Sci-fi. Oh well, was just curious.
    sigpic

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-23-2007.html

Today’s pics: Friday’s action over on Stage 3. (OUTCAST snaps)

Oooh, one with Joe Flanigan, and Jason Momoa and Bill Lee!!
      http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01084.JPG

I'll leave the rest for PG15 to spin

Today’s video: Click on the date to glimpse the director at work. (and you see Joe Flanigan too!)
      http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...videscover.flv

Today‘s mailbag:

Vvv0472 writes: “In the SG1 episode Family Ties, Why doesn't Vala mention to her Father that his grandaughter is the Orici; leader of the Ori army?”

Answer: They hadn’t spoken in years, weren’t on the best of terms, and she didn’t exactly feel like opening up to him about her personal life.

Promogirl writes: “Who will be directing the season finale?”

Answer: Martin Wood will be directing The Last Man.

Jedi writes: “So how can we help the ratings if we don't know anyone that has one of the boxes?”

Answer: Just tune in.

Anonymous #1 writes: “You answered the season four question, so the season five one has to be asked.”

Answer: It can be asked but it aint being answered.

Anonymous #2 writes: “…some of us on the gateworld forum were wondering in the episode 200 sam was talking about a time when Jack was made invisible by alien technology and we were wondering did that actually happened or was sam making it up?”

Answer: In my mind, it definitely never happened.

Anonymous #3 writes: “If you guys turned Beckett into a wraith, as people are speculating about on GW, that would be the final nail in the coffin. Watch the anti season four people grow in numbers.”

Answer: Um, okay.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Oooh, one with Joe Flanigan, and Jason Momoa and Bill Lee!!
        http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC01084.JPG
        Dean Marshall (Bates) is also in that pic if you look a little to your right.

Heh, I wonder why that laptop in front of Bill has a busted screen.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Sorry, I was off doing homework.

Ok then...

Photos: A beautiful batch today: the "dedication plaque" of the USS Apollo, NCC-1702, Daedalus Class, launched from Utopia Planitia, primary mission: surveying the Mutara class nebulas on the Romulan border...ok, I guess I got a little carried away there. Also included, we have photos of Andy Mikita at the helm of anothr episode; Joe Flanigan, Bill Dow (Dr. Lee), Dean Marshall (Bates), and someone who I don't think is Jason Momoa discussing something; the crew at work; and finally, 3 pictures of Bill Dow chillaxin' on set.

Video: It seems that you can no longer access it by clicking the date for some reason, but anyway, follow prion's link for a short video of Andy Mikita talking to Joe F. and Kari Wuhrer on location for Outcast.

Write-Up: Turns out, James Williams is not a scammer, but just an equally detestable and grammer-challenged lawyer. No matter, because Cookie Monster still responds with that old familiar flare.

(Could zuz BE anymore the person who made this?!)

Comment

I think it is Jason Momoa - it looks like his skin tone and goatee and you can juuuust about see the Ronon tattoo peeking out of the collar of his shirt...
            sigpic

Comment

Huh? Clicking on the date works just fine for me.

And I think that looks like Jason, I might be wrong though.
              Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
              Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
              Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
              --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Where are the dreadlocks though?

EDIT: Ok, the date works now, but it wasn't working before for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Where are the dreadlocks though?

EDIT: Ok, the date works now, but it wasn't working before for some reason.
                  You can just see part of them hanging down his back - he's got them tied back.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    It is to my knowledge that DVR and Tivo are now counted towards the ratings.
                    Yeah, but if I recall, unless they're watched live, it's counted into a separate category, one that advertisers (and thus, networks) could really care less about, because the commercials could be skipped.
                    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...r-24-2007.html

SEPTEMBER 24th

snippets: Joe’s Book of the Month very first book club meeting is officially underway.

Oh, congratulations to Paula who was the first person to comment after the 500 000th visit to my blog. She wins an unofficial vial of sand (and if possible, one that Joe Flanigan will tread upon) from our season finale The Last Man. So include your email address in your next post, Paula, and we’ll take it from there.
                      [Yeah, hope he boxes it really well or else white sand will leak out and the hazmat people will come running!]

Today’s pics: Lulu models her Winter gear. The dogs laze about. This month’s book club selections.

Today’s video: Click on the date to check out the Trio set. What have they gotten themselves into?
                      http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/e...TheTrioset.flv

[looks like a bad termite problem]

Today’s mailbag:

Chocolaj writes: “Why do you think Scifi (and whomever else calls the shots on whether you guys have a season 5) does not take into consideration the online communities, convention attendees, DVD/iTunes sales and other craziness exuded by fans everywhere?”

Answer: SciFi makes its money from advertisers, and advertisers are only interested in the number of eyeballs on their commercials. DVD/iTunes and convention attendance records don’t interest them much.

Rosie writes: “Why wouldn't he, being from a parallel universe, be in the same situation as that other Carter in SG-1's Point of View?”

Answer: The varying effects of Entropic Cascade Failure are dependent on the proximity of the parallel universe and the time crossover elements exist in an AU.

Vikitty writes: “Regarding the ratings, it doesn't matter if us Canadians watch it or not right? Because we don't get SciFi?”

Answer: Even though they don’t influence the SciFi ratings, international fans play a major role in convincing MGM to produce more episodes.

WingedPegasus writes: “(1)Will we find out more about Michael's bug army in season 4?
                      (2)Are there any "light" episodes in season 4? I think Harmony might be one, are there others? (3) Will Teyla's baby be born before, during, or after "The Last Man?" (You could just say no comment if it's a spoiler. I don't want to ruin anything.”

Answers: 1) Oh yeah. 2) Harmony is the only one that comes to mind. 3) No comment.
                      Last edited by prion; 24 September 2007, 04:47 PM.

Comment

For those of you in the know:

Is the Hogfather novel Joe reviews in his blog related to the TV show? It would seem obvious that the answer would be yes, except how does it all fit in with Dr. Who then?
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

Is the Hogfather novel Joe reviews in his blog related to the TV show? It would seem obvious that the answer would be yes, except how does it all fit in with Dr. Who then?
                          No, it's just a book he likes a lot. It's a great read, you should try it! Has nothing to do with scifi, though.
                          sigpic

Comment

So...now that someone else has won something, am I off the hook? Will I get a chance to become everyday-Gateworld-poster PG15 once more?

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post

There was a TV adaptation of the Hogfather that was on at Christmas - the book is much, much better, though
                              I curse the sun so I can howl at the moon...

I want to live, I want to experience the universe and I want to eat pie.
                              Deviant Art Fanfiction

Comment

Haha, he watched Gossip Girl. Hehe.

Comment

Working...
                                X