Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi's Blog! (SPOILERS For All SG Shows and Dark Matter)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Googlion: (noun) A word created by Joe Mallozzi just to drive fans nuts trying to figure out what it means.
    I'm obviously not thinking hard enough because I thought they picked it because it sounded funny. I figured they might actually keep it for the same reason.

I gotta do better. It's no fun to have people screwing with your mind if you don't realize they're screwing with your mind.

Furling anyone?
    sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
    May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
      Speaking as a person who works in a library, I love it!

I refuse to claim responsibility for the initial trauma, but I'll be happy to compound it if my fellow gateworlders would like....
      *pats*
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...ne-9-2007.html

June 9

Questions:

Ruffles writes: “Do you write a bio when you create a character or do you decide on general characteristics and flesh out the rest as opportunity permits?”

Answer: We don’t write anything down. We have a general idea of who or what we want the character to be and then find and develop them in the writing.
        *sigh* This answer confirms so much. *sigh*
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          *sigh* This answer confirms so much. *sigh*
          I certainly does! It means they don't tie characters down to an arbitrarily allocated list of characteristics. They can actually evolve and grow with the story itself. Cool!
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler View Post
            I certainly does! It means they don't tie characters down to an arbitrarily allocated list of characteristics. They can actually evolve and grow with the story itself. Cool!
            No it means they are lazy. And if you say evolve you generally are meaning something that does not revert back to a former form or set of behaviour... it grows and learns form the past and changes it's behaviour.

SGA and it's character make the same mistakes over and over, characters REVERT to past behaviour on the whim of the writer... SGA is all about reverting to suit the tptb laziness... SGA is not evolving at best it is revolving *and round and round it goes*

Are we watching the same show?

Comment

Hope JM won't mind the article I sent him about Foie Gras being banned from several shops in the UK...
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                Are we watching the same show?
                Ah yes, the condescending ballot of those who cannot handle differing opinions.

Comment

Ah yes, the condescending ballot of those who cannot handle differing opinions.
                  I can handle differing opinions I can't handle sycophants.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat View Post
                    I can handle differing opinions I can't handle sycophants.
                    A sycophant being anyone who disagrees with you...very clever rationalization.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                      Hope JM won't mind the article I sent him about Foie Gras being banned from several shops in the UK...
                      Yeah, if you read how they make that - cruel, sorry, it's not a food anybody needs.

A sycophant being anyone who disagrees with you...very clever rationalization.
                      No, a sycophant is, well, you know what a remora is? Same thing only human version - someone who sucks up to someone else in order to get their own agenda accomplished. All fandoms have them once TPTB play with the fans...

Comment

No, a sycophant is, well, you know what a remora is? Same thing only human version - someone who sucks up to someone else in order to get their own agenda accomplished. All fandoms have them once TPTB play with the fans...
                        Which was my point. Thank you.

Comment

prion - yeah...I have to admit to being disgusted when I heard that he, Martin, David and Jane all liked it.
                          sigpic
                          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Gosh, I'm so busy today!

http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/2...e-10-2007.html

June 10

Photos: Joe's wife Fondy while cooking; the resulting dinner; and some Atlantis set/prop designs, including a thing from "Quarantine", Wallace's Lab from "Miller's Crossing", a room from the same episode, and a cool-looking...base? It's something alright.

Write-Up: A...uh...negative food review for said home cooking. I hope Fondy doesn't read it.

You should though, since it's hilarious; especially the list of ingredients in the cake Joe ate.

Questions:

None today, sorry.

Comment

I know the definition of a sycophant, but I just disagree with WillowCat's assertion that a sycophant is anyone that doesn't want TPTB burned at the stake.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                                prion - yeah...I have to admit to being disgusted when I heard that he, Martin, David and Jane all liked it.
                                Well people often do not care what goes into making a meal as long as it tastes good. Some people are happy in their own ignorance.

Some pass these things off as gourmet but to me that is just another word for animal cruelty.

Comment

Working...
                                X