This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    There's so many, I'll just add my own. Sure it adds to the problem, but at least I won't have to worry about going of the topic of the thread.

I blame the Ori, sorry, they never worked as villains for me. ANYone else would have: Jaffa, a single Gou'ald, some Wraith from Atlantis. Don't get me wrong, I hope the show gets saved or comes back as a movie.

Hopefully they'll finish the season without a cliffhanger. There's plenty of history that a movie could draw from. I think Ba'al would be a perfect movie villain.

I think Michael Shanks should move over to Atlantis, and hopefully they won't feel the need to move the Ori over.
    I think that they should make some more seasons so we get used to Col. Mitchell and Vala but oh well i spose us fans can only hope dat mgm doesnt cancel Sg1 all together!!!

Comment

Although it made a brilliant couple of episodes, I think killing off Anubis and the replicators, as well as ending the reign of the Goa'uld, and the departure of O'Niell at the end of Season 8 was just a little too sudden! Everything happened in the space of 3 two-part, or extended episodes so when season 9 came along, it was ALL a bit new... new SGC commander, new SG1 commander, no Sam either as she was having a baby, new enemy. I think this "new show" may have put people off viewing it.

Also the new season 10 has been less than inspiring! The Ori had a massive build up in season 9, and then hardly anything to match it after. The "quest" for the sangrall was hardly given enough weight, instead they put in pointless episodes such as "Uninvited" and "200" (which I know was to celebrate the shows 200th episode, and was kinda amusing, but the slot could have been used so much better). The Ori only feature as a central component in 4episodes out of 10, and 2 of them are season starters or mid season finishes. SG1 has seemes a little lost, and even I started to wonder if it worth watching some of the episodes because I was getting bored. Maybe this is responsible for the cancellation - the big wigs thinking it had become stagnant and needed to end?

Comment

I hate to say it, but I think this is a good time to end the show. The episodes are becoming less inspiring, even starting to run together. Admittedly, a few of the final episodes sound like they could be interesting, but it's a matter of scraping the last bit of creativity from the barrel as far as I can see. I'm not worried about things not working out, what with the movie, and I feel that if the series continues in movie form, there's hope, since a film format gives more opportunity for interesting scenarios, and therefore chance for redemption.

Comment

We all hate to say it, but for me is too a good time for the show to end. We all know it that someday the end will come and now we have to accept it
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I posted this in another thread but desided it should be here-

I'm a huge fan of SG1, I have watched it from the very first episode. I've cried with the team and laughed with the team. I've missed them when they've left and worried when they are in trouble. I've accepted new team members and moarned the lost ones.

But I'm afraid to say in my opinion every tv series has to come to an end sometime, surely it's better to finish on a high and be remembered fondly and sadly missed, than to die slowly forgotten.

Don't get me wrong a don't want SG1 to end and will be looking forward to the films.

Stargate SG1 is the best ever Sci-Fi program in the entire universe

I bow to all who have contributed to this fantastic show, from the writers to the production staff, and specially to the actors past and present who gave life to the characters, I give thanks for ten amazing years. You'll all be sadly missed.

May SG1 live forever in our hearts and never be forgotten.....
            sigpic

Comment

Ah well. It was great while it lasted. and didn't it last FOR SO LONG??? talk about whoopass - it is the longest running sci-fi show to date so that's gotta count for something ... right?

Personally I thought SG-1 had been dragging it's feet for a while. there were a lot of pish episodes spliced into the mainstay themes. Many of the scripts were as predictable as a Desperate Housewives episode. (that'll cause a stir)

I was hoping that the injection of BB & CB would have brought a great new start to the show and I thought it did that fairly well. I guess the Sci-Fi scumbags didn't feeel the same way. But then, it's all about the dollar them isn't it? Just look at the disruption we get during 'non-ratings' periods to our blessed string of shows. Maybe if Sci-Fi had taken note of how many people were also sharing SG-1 over the P2P networks they would have realised it is still in high demand.

For a long time I had thought that fortnightly extended shows might have been a better option. They could have made 60, 90 or 120 minute specials that would give them more breathing space to really flesh out a story without having to conform to the restaints of a 45 minute standard length show. I know a 90 minue show is technically a two-parter but watching a longer show all at once is always more satifying than having that bloody 'to be continued' fade out appearing.

I would hope that the Ori movie will not end up being like the X-Files movie, a simple extension of the series itself. Lame.
              this is big screen stuff, so make it BIIIG. Massive battles that last for more than twenty seconds involving sh@tloads of troops/ships/fighters. This will obviously happen but hopefully on a big enough scale. We're not talking LOTR ROTK but there should be more than a couple of SG teams armed with their crappy P90s, or a handful of ships doing bugger all, trying taking down the Ori invasion force. Lame x2.

I have just a few points to make which I hope are rectified for the movies.
              1/ P90s SUCK! They are terrible weapons to use! They are woefully inaccurate, ESPECIALLY when fired on full auto at mid to long-range. The U.S. Airforce has access to M4A1 - surely they would be armed with those or the G36 FCOL!! Cam's had that a couple of times - that's far superior to the P90.
              I think, because the show is Canadian they have looked at the Canadian forces for their basic weaponry, which shows how stupid media people can be sometimes. That's why you hire a military consultant to help you out.
              Hopefully they will upgrade the weapons they carry for the movies.
              And where the hell did that little Ancient zapper Osiris had go to? Why haven't they managed to copy that and create units they can use in the field?
              2/ I hope Daniel gets some better bloody glasses for the movies. The man failed to be a geek after season 7 when he got some muscle going. He should have some wraps or Oakley wires perhaps. Then he'd look much cooler than with those 1980 jobbies. (Remember evil Daniel? His glasses were cool)
              3/ Whatever happened to Jonas Quinn? We have a planet FULL of advanced humans and they suddenly disappear of the face of the galaxy? I know that last we heard they had actually gone to war and they couldn't dial the stargate but that doesn't mean they got wiped out. Talk about lack of closure.
              I would hope that he - and a sizeable force of Über warriors - come to SG-1 & Co.'s assistance during the movie. Hopefully with a few ships too. I'm missing some news that Sam revealed about heir planet here so if anyone can remind me what it was I would greatly appreciate it.

Anyway. I'm looking forward to the movies regardless and will enjoy watching them and definately buy a proper copy as I do with all the seasons ... in the end.

Comment

I dont think she should move. and I love her
                http://jtsmall.com

Comment

I'm sorry if thsi has allready been brought up but I think alot of it has to do with the sort of darker more controlled envoirnment that the show has moved into like with the goa'uld you could allways have a little skirmish or two per episode with the jaffa because I mena hell they died when you shot them at least, but with the priors well he guns seem to become more for show and a reasurement that "well I can at least make alot of noice if trouble comes around".

You cant hurt the priors, actually I shouldn't say cant, cause obviously they can, it's just a feeling that I feel they're projecting, like out of all the priors they've faced I think the only one that they really got rid of themselves was the one in the 9:th season mid season episode.
                  The fact is that the priors and then of course in extension the Ori are to formidable an enemy, and the stories have to become darker more sinister and more devoid of hope, which makes the shows dynamic change totally.
                  Not that this is necesarily bad but they shouldn't have kept the name SG-1 if they were changing it that much, it's not the same show and I think alot of the audience were disapointed by that and therefore left.

They should've gone with the original idea of revamping it under a different name, there are plenty of examples of installments into franchises that are to far outside the box of what the original franchise is about that they totally flop because "well this isn't stargate sg-1" or some other such franchise, the problem most of the time I think is the unwillingness of executives to make a real hard choice, alot of the time it seems to me they take the easy way out and the result becomes nothing because it has ambitions but not gutts enough to go that final mile.

Sorry if that became ranty ^^;

Comment

Vala reminded me of my girlfriend from the summer after 8th grade. Yeah, she was cute and sexy, but annoying as hell. That Vala was played by Claudia Black was disgusting to watch. What a disgraceful embarrassment. She was the mirror image of her character from Farscape, who was leagues more charming and dignified. Could Vala have been toned down just a smidgen? I don't know, just a little bit less like a budding high school freshman?

I was willing to suffer all that, even the abuse of the image of my favorite science fiction actress ever, because this was SG-1, and SG-1 still had that special something, but ... then! The moment happened where I think the series jumped the shark. It was when General Landry asked Mitchell if he could keep Vala in line, and Mitchell was whining and complaining to himself about how he didn't have control over his team anymore. I don't remember the exact quote, but it was abysmal. Something like,

Teal'c's an alien, Jackson's a civilian, Carter and I are the same rank... I knew a long time ago that I couldn't control anyone.
                    That was the death of the team; the death of SG-1. When the leader of a team is no longer a leader, there's no team. When the leader of an elite military special forces team, the first line of defense against threats to the planet and probably the whole galaxy, is no longer a leader, it's just chaos. SG-1 bargain sale. Everyone's invited. Trample on the leader because he has no leadership anyway. Watch him feel sorry for himself. Then the General brings it up over light conversation in a log cabin retreat. Look, when you're a Lt. Colonel in the Air Force, losing control of your team when it's responsible for the security of the planet is a big deal. You guys know that O'Neil wouldn't have just stood by while his chain of command was broken!

Although that's not something that can just be fixed in a couple episodes, the series did start to look up again. Sort of. Well, no, it didn't. Maybe? Gosh the Ori threat was a really dramatic and thought-provoking one, culturally relevant and everything, and then all the above crap was written in. It looks like there were two minds behind the writing, one whose job was to making everything cool, meaningful, and even inspiring, and another who's job it was to trash it up.

Too bad the latter won out. :/
                    Last edited by Helios; 28 January 2007, 07:03 PM.

Comment

WTF i dont have cable, yea it sucks, yes i'm a season behind, but what happend i just found out. what happend???

Comment

It's a day I will always remember, largely because I woke up on my birthday opened my emails and was flooded by the news. Everybody has their own reasons to be angry, and everyone points at different areas with their blame. All of them merit some truth, but I refuse to blame it on just one particular thing be that story, writing, character additions, or something else entirely.

I have nothing against season nine, but I do agree with some of the views that it was weaker than its predecessors. I am a fan first and a politician last so I'm not going to even try to be profound with my "why's". I like the premise of the Ori storyline (and we did needed a new villain anyway), in being an enemy we can't see but can feel the effects of. And I do believe that with the latest season we are getting better stories and actually finally going somewhere with that storyline.

Sadly we did lose Jack 'O Neill, and I can certainly see why there were some who washed their hands of the show. I'm not a fan of Cam Mitchell, but I don't intend putting the fall of an entire series on one man either. And I do actually like Vala. I agree that in S9 she was joined to Daniel at the hip, but S10 definitely has started to flesh her out a bit. Not giving season nine a chance could possibly have also contributed to its demise, as ultimately Sci-Fi was only concerned with ratings, and was looking to beef up another *cough* show. Some of the Stargate actors and teams have subtly suggested that the channel knows what a big mistake they made, but suffice it to say, is not going to admit that.

In the words of Forrest Gump "And that, is all I have to say about that."
                        (well for now
                        sigpic

Comment

I think the show would improve if they would have the ancients actively participate. Unfortunately, that is very unlikely.

I agree that the Ori are an unexciting enemy. One of the tings that attracted me to the show in the first place was the link to anient Earth mythology, and there has been almost none of that since the goa'uld were defeated.

In any case, I absolutely support the continuation of SG1, preferably through another network, not a movie.

Comment

its so sad that its over... i mean sg1 is one of the best shows ever...

its right... it was good while it lasted...

10 years... 10 magnificent years...

sure there were ups and downs, some eps were good and some were lousy..

well... all i can say is i cant wait for the 2 movies to come out...

Comment

I for one will miss SG1 its been the main stay of my TV viewing for years Thank goodnes for sky as it keeping the show alive for me

Comment

I like many others here, will miss SG1 very much. My Friday nights were complete and I have enjoyed SGA just as much. I am happy they will at least have two movies coming out for SG1. I just wish the show had not been cancelled is all. I really missed RDA when he left the show, still do in fact, but I do like BB and CB. I find it difficult as it is to find good shows on TV these days, so when they go and cancel a series like SG1, it truly upsets me. Well I guess there are reruns at least. Not the same as new shows of course. I am looking forward to the two movies and maybe if enough people watch them, we will get more. I will of course continue to watch SGA as I do enjoy it. I just wish the powers that be at SciFi channel realize how they have not only hurt the fans but hurt themselves. I again wish to thank you all for letting me post and wish I had found this sooner.
                                dnvergrl

Comment

Working...
                                X