This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLB View Post
    I blame the Ori, sorry, they never worked as villains for me. ANYone else would have: Jaffa, a single Gou'ald, some Wraith from Atlantis. Don't get me wrong, I hope the show gets saved or comes back as a movie.
    I thought the whole thing about the Ori wasn't a bad idea, but I think they should have shot more episodes in the Ori galaxy, they should have shown the Ori to us. It would have been nice to see them in action somehow. Then the Ori would have made for a proper villain -- someone, something you can identify really.

I kinda liked the Ori and their followers because in a way the concept reminded me of the Underverse and the Necromongers in The Chronicles of Riddick -- I enjoyed the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by flying haggis View Post
      I for one will miss SG1 its been the main stay of my TV viewing for years Thank goodnes for sky as it keeping the show alive for me
      Yeah, we're lucky to have Sky One over here

Comment

i only just heard this and i was soooooooooooo angry i felt like hunting the dude(s) resposible down and ripping them in half with my bear hands this happens with all the good sci-fi programs SG-1 ws great and the ori did mess things up a bit they never quite lived up to expectaions so i shifted my attetion to atlantis

now they are canecling it i realise how much i actually enjoyed it and took it for granted damn why does this always happen first andromeda then enterprise now this

anyways i agree sky one will keep playing re runs we should have them sort it all out and pay for stargate to be filmed then at least i wouldnt need to get on a plane to break a few jaws

i sopose at least we still got atlantis but SG-1 was the best program i have ever whatched and proberly ever will its just a shame that the powers that be are not wise enough to see what they have or should i say had

i think i will just stop whatching sci-fi altogether to be honest and i will never whatch the sci-fi channel again when i go to america it just makes me so angry keep SG-1 going i think i will go out and buy 100 copies of every season and anyone who stands in my path
        SG-1 you are and will always be the best!

DUDES WHO ENDED SG-1 ->

Comment

i am gutted that the show has been canceled, but all good things come to an end, but we do have the two movies to look forward and theres still atlantis and also the new spin off series.

So come on people it aint all bad
          sigpic

Comment

Because the show had gone stale. All that was good about the show was gone.

Why?

As for the series itself at the moment...

Well, there's Mitchell. And we all know he sucks. RDA leaving the show was the first pebble that got the boulder rolling.

All the actors except Michael Shanks seem to have lost the ability to perform beyond late seventies television daytime drama quality.

The dialogue sounds so forced and unnatural. None of it fits the characters either. We don't have the classic lines, the humorous lines, and the powerful lines we used to.

No character development. It's like someone drowned personality, hung it, chopped it into pieces, burned the pieces, and flushed the ashes down the toilet.

Lack of emotion. Stargate used to be incredibly powerful. Some episodes would have you smiling for weeks, some would have you call in work the next day cause you were all depressed, and some of them had you ranting for weeks on how much you despised this truly villainous enemy or how incredible the plans and ideas were.
            Nowadays, it all feels so dry. So cheap.

Too Sci-fi. The reason I loved the original Stargate so much was because it wasn't just another sci-fi show. It had a whole new feel to it.
            Now by bringing all the actors, writers, and directors from all those canceled sci-fi shows (which were canceled for a reason, people), they've screwed themselves by losing the classic feel and making it just another sci-fi show.

Everyone, it was smart of them to end it before it totally killed itself.

I seriously respect the producers for letting a dead dog lie unlike most in Hollywood who will beat the dead horse dry.

Comment

Squeakytoad "Everyone, it was smart of them to end it before it totally killed itself."

WOW i would say that is a bit harsh don't you think???
              Stargate is a brilliant show!! when RDA left, yes there was a bit of a break in the normalsee of things but i think Vaala and Mitchell add a great deal to the show. they are both really good!! and while admittedly RDA was my favorite character Vaala brings her own to the show.

As for the Ori, they are brilliant..tons more original then the Guaold (excuse sp) we really needed a break from them (the guaold) it was getting really monotanous!!!
              As for Amanda and Chris's acting both are still AWESOME!!!

Sorry i just felt that you were a bit harsh!!
              I am really sad that the show has been cancelled and i really hope that who ever is in charge will reconsider!!!
              It will be greatly missed by so many exspecially me
              Thanx

Comment

Everyone, it was smart of them to end it before it totally killed itself.
                I would totally agree with you on this.
                The show aggrovated greatly during season 10.Episodes become very boring,there are no tensions or real emotions,only fake ones.This makes show very unattractive.For example Vala,she sucks.She is too feminine.She is physically weak(seriously).She did get these two guys in cafeteria,but that was so fake.
                The show started to decline for me since season 9(there were good eps in it but not so many as before).
                So it would be good that the show will leave our screens before it can(and not before it would be carried away).

Unfortunately,I cannot say that I will miss it.

Comment

why? because the scifi guys got high one day and decided to flush their careers down the drain, that or they were convinced by the guys from MTV to stop showing stuff that is in the name of their channel. (MTV doesnt play music and scifi seems to be straying away from science fiction)
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

There are a lot of reasons why SG-1 got canceled. here is a list that i feel like contributed to.
                    1. RDA left I mean after season 6 he reduced his role.
                    2. The writing turned bad after it left showtime I mean season 1-3 was great but after it went downhill i mean look at season 4 not really a great season, season 5 was good more history and off world stuff, 6 was jonas if the writers used him better he had huge potential season 7 deal with the leading up to atlantis 8 was trying to get more people invloved with atlantis season 9 was alright had to much stand alone stories I did not like the lucian alliance that was a bad emeny like the asurans in atlantis. Vala was great I like her and I had my doubts about ben(cam mitchel) I still do but 10 was an ok season I still think they should have ended it after threads in season 8 that was about the greatest episode of them all. I hope atlantis makes it past season 4 I still think that has huge potential I hope the writers don;t make it into a cart mckay show that would get old very fast. Who is gonna run atlantis now that wier is gone it can;t be sheppard he has to lead "atlantis-1" so are they gonna have it more military instead of a civillian running the show it they did then the marines would have control like the air force for the SGC. oh well a few points and comments feel free to chime in.
                    later y'all
                    oh yea jack o'neill for president

Comment

A little thing called money SG-1 was ripping a hole in Sci-fi's bank account and they could produce more sg-1 but loose everything alse possably Atlantis
                      C. Edmund

Comment

Originally posted by racer24t View Post
                        Who is gonna run atlantis now that wier is gone it can;t be sheppard he has to lead "atlantis-1" so are they gonna have it more military instead of a civillian running the show it they did then the marines would have control like the air force for the SGC.
                        oh cheers i didnt know that thx 4 spoilers
                        SG-1 you are and will always be the best!

DUDES WHO ENDED SG-1 ->

Comment

lol. Got this awesome negative rep in regards to my post:

Why did this happen?... February 20th, 2007 06:33 AM jenks ""If you're going to post an OPINION, word it like one.""
                          Um... how exactly do you word an opinion? Stating all over the place:
                          "LOLZ THIS IS IN MY HUMBLE OPINION SO THAT I DON'T ANNOY PEOPLE WHO ARE EXTREMELY FULL OF THEMSELVES AND THEIR OWN OPINIONS AND DON'T LIKE IT WHEN SOMEBODY STATES THE TRUTH BACKED UP BY CITATIONS AND FACTS"

That what you want? Geez...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
                            I dont think Shanks should move to Atlantis at all. There is no need for him there. I'm all for occassional guest appearances by Amanda and Shanks, but definitely not as a regular, or even recurring.
                            yeh i like her she is the best team member then daniel then jack then so on lol

Comment

Why did it happen?

Sadly, casting is most often the culprit. The initial SG-1 team members were all likable. When Richard Dean Anderson and Don Davis left, that was survivable. But Ben Browder, Beau Bridges, and Claudia Black just didn't sit well with a lot of people. The introduction of the Ori also was just a little too close to the fundamental Muslims.

Bad casting always has been a real problem in keeping shows going. What Stargate SG-1 did was virtually the same thing as Andy of Mayberry going from Andy Griffith to Ken Berry. And while no one gets tired of the beautiful Amanda Tapping, Claudia Black grates on some people just as Ben Browder grates on some people. True, they have their followings, but there are plenty of people out there who just don't want to see them on a regular basis. Browder's character is a jerk. True, he makes a good aviator, but a lot of people don't like aviators. They're too cocky.

Again, both Black and Browder appeal to many, but the thing about Anderson, Shanks, Tapping, Judge and Davis is that they were all universally liked. They don't really turn anyone off. Even the bad guys had appeal.

Writing got a little sloppy a few years back when Jonas Quinn's character was introduced. He wasn't horrible, no deal breaker, but he was badly, horribly, awfully cast as an alien. And he was neutral. I didn't hate him, but I didn't like him a lot, either. Especially bad are the stories that involve walking around the woods a lot, especially the same woods. I see the same places popping up regardless of how many worlds they're supposed to be on. It's like kids continually shooting in their back yards.

Some good decisions could turn the show around in a heartbeat, but there are some well paid people making dreadful decisions, and they doom shows.

Comment

Well written post, and I partially agree. They could have survived with the new cast of Mitchell, Vala and Landry (and Dr. Lam) BUT, the writers tried to replace the very well-liked O'Neill character with Mitchell blatently taking over the lead, trying to be almost the same character. It flat didn't work.

You can't just replace like that. If anything, if they moved up the traditional cast, and moved these new characters in more gradually, it might have been easier to swallow. Instead, these new, overly strong characters (Mitchell and Vala) came in and took over like a runaway train, and our beloved TEAM took a back seat. In fact, I find it very annoying that there was not even a mention of O'Neill when they encountered old foes. For example, it would have made more sense if, say, they are captured and you get the "oh, the infamous SG-1 - which one of you is O'Neill, just to slap that dopey Mitchell in his mega ego.

I really hope Mitchell gets killed off in the season ender. Vala, I actually hated when she first came on, but they did a better job of making her likeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X