Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank god for the internet eh, bringing us fans together, Im in England to and do find the friday night slot odd, not as odd as the six month break halfway through a series though. i wish my torrents would speed up today. hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by easyease
      I can agree that venereal disease wasnt intended to kill a lot of tribes but it was a useful tool in thinning numbers of the opposition. the fact that it was spread through rape is pretty brtal to, in those days religion was the driving force it no longer is.
      I didn´t say that it was right thing to do. I just don´t see it´s straight connection with missionarism which simply wasn´t only aspect of colonialism. And while religion could be strong force of politics and culture, it wasn´t so different for the everyday people.

Comment

if scifi canceled the show....and the actors are in for another season...why not just shoot another season and sell in on dvds? offer it for download (after a payment)? STARGATE MUST NOT END BECOUSE OF SOME STUPID ******* THAT CANCELED IT!!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

You really didn't need to make a new thread just to say that.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
            Don't. . .go. . .there. They deserve raises the same as everyone else. Do you think Hammer and Stern would go without raises????
            Hammer and Stern?

Comment

I blame scifi for the cxlatin of SG-1, I also blame them for the countless sleepless friday nights, and the irritating crimp in my neck.

one day , when i was walken down the street, i saw SciFi kicking a puppy, and being mean. i asked SCIFI to stop, but scifi just said "make me, punk"
              Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
              (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

If you do honestly feel that way then how long have you been actually watching the show..........any true fan of the show wouldn't want to see the show cancled..............especially when there are so many loose ends.

Comment

Well, they wouldn't make as much money that way. Stargate's pretty expensive to make as far as shows go. DVDs and downloads might not cut it.
                  Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                  RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

If a show goes straight to DVD it is like when movies don't go to the Theater. They would not have good special effects or anything good like that. Take a look at straight to DVD movies or straight to TV movies, bad, cheesy CGI
                    sigpic

Comment

I really don't get why sci-fi decided to cancel SG-1. All the reasons they've been giving us so far just sound like so much South African Purple Lemming Hooie. I feel like they're giving us patronizing reasons so that we won't take up arms and boycott their sorry B-movie butts!

Sorry... I got to feeling rather violent there for a moment.

On topic: I thought about going straight to DVD too but the others are right. I think I heard it said that each episode of SG-1 costs something like 2 mil. to make. Two million dollars per episode! Sheesh! No wonder DVD sales alone wouldn't cut it! Not that I wouldn't buy them when they came out, but you can only have so many copies of boxed season sets...

I'm hoping either Sci-fi picks it back up, they go into a nearly neverending string of TV movies (which will end up being just really long episodes), or it heads into British television. =0)

Comment

You know with everone thinking DVD sales and I-Tunes downloads wouldnt help out , think again ... For one season this could help out a little ...

You think about it you have an avrage of 1.4 to 1.6 viewers ever week ... Once in a while you get that 1.8 to 1.9 and even a 2.0 , witch means there are fans of the show and fans of the actor out there ...

Then you have to think they got those numbers from the US only , not counting other countries ... But for this im only going with the US Market ....

I-Tunes sales ...

Each eps runs for 1.99 per eps. that added up to 39.80 , then add in tax you have you have an avrage of 42.88 per season ... Lets just say 43.00 ....

If you only got an avrage of say 1 million people to D/L ever eps they would make at the least 43 Million Dollors on one Season on I-Tunes sales ...

Now for smart buessness people out there you would know not to put all your eggs in the basket at one ... So putting the Fanilly season on I-Tunes first would be the best way to market SG-1 ...

DVD Sales ...

You would then have an avrage of say 39.99 Dollors for Season 11 , With tax that would be around 43 dollors as well . now add in the fact that DVD BOX SETS sale well , alot of people would be getting out there to buy this Fanil season on DVD , with extra contents and all the GOOD BYES it would be the best saling DVD Box Set that Stargate could bring out ...

Now put that in the saling market , and add in about an avrage of 1.5 Million DVD Sales , MGM Would make 64,500,000 dollors in DVD Sales alone ...

Now MGM Could release the DVD Box set sales around the same time SG-A goes on sale , witch would be around Fall Season .. When alot of shows are ending ...

I would think that MGM Would plan it out right where , when I-Tunes gets all there EPS out there , the DVD would come out at least a month later ... Giving there sales a chance to make it big ...

Think of what they jsut made there , about 107,500,000 million dollors off of D/Ls and DVD Box sets ...

Now take out the price to make the Season and witch if it is 2.2 million per season you have about 44 million to make the season ...

Now MGM still made a profix off of all there sales ... they would come out with about 63,900,000 dollors just in the US sale alone ... now add that in to the other 119 countries out there and you have a pretty big profit on there hands ...

Comment

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=33689

Thank you, come again. No more new threads please.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

OMG how can anybody cancel stargate!!! there are so many questions to be answered and the real drama has just started!!!
                            sigpic
                            *Thanks aaobuttons*

Comment

i think that they just had a contract with scifi and scifi said if the ratings are down, then why would they keep the show on when they can put a new show on air and get better ratings. i think that the producers should have made the contract a little bit more specific. i dont think that they should be able to cancel it just like that. i think they should give them a seasons warning so they can conclude the show in the script.

-SMART, SEXY, and ALL AROUND PERFECT!

Comment

Vargarv, i agree with your last statement. i believe that we should rally, and go blow up the scifi channel headquarters. anyone willing to mess with the power of stargate should have been dead a long time ago!!!!

-SMART, SEXY, and ALL AROUND PERFECT!

Comment

Working...
                                X