Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
    Yeah I figured, I like my all Ten Seasons discs, means I can just take the one box with me when I go away rather than having to take all Ten of the chunky boxes, its works so much better! Oh I am soooo glad that I finally got ‘A Dogs Breakfast’ on DVD last week, it’s an awesome film (Sorry for that little bit of randomness)

Yeah that Sci-fi ad is rather annoying; I’m hanging out to watch it on DVD just because the quality will be soo much better as well! And Armageddon is gonna be great this year, I’ve known Amanda was coming for …probably almost a year now and I still can’t believe it!
    yeah, tell me about it... its so much easier moving and storing my collection too then the chunky box sets...

not at all... btw i know a dogs breakfast has david hewlett in it, but i dont know what its about...

yeah same here... i always said if AT comes to australia [now that i can afford it] im there, rain, hail or shine im going to be a one track mind come october, lol...

Originally posted by AustrALIEN View Post
    Thanks to all for you insigfht about the expo.....I knew you all would be able to get me even more excited......I just wish I had a close friend that was just as excited to join me........cause I think it would be more enjoyable, experianceing the expo with someone just as interested........or I chould just get over my shyness....and just go by myself.......
    Oh....and I'm not worried about the standing around cause 85% of my work time durring the week involves stranding around.......so my feet and comefy shoes are ready....
    im not by any means an outgoing person, but i dont let that stop me from going to events i cant find someone to go with... i have been to heaps of concerts by myself and its still super fun, because the atmosphere is awesome...

so i reckon it would be the same with the convention, id be going even if my family wasnt... plus you have all of us if you want people to hang out with
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

woo hoo! My Atlantis season 5 shipped from Amazon Canada today. Hope it won't take too long to get here...

If anyone else decides to order from Amazon in the US or Canada, do me a favour and click through from the link at www.fannishinquisition.com/store you'll earn me a few cents and it won't cost you anything to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
        woo hoo! My Atlantis season 5 shipped from Amazon Canada today. Hope it won't take too long to get here...

If anyone else decides to order from Amazon in the US or Canada, do me a favour and click through from the link at www.fannishinquisition.com/store you'll earn me a few cents and it won't cost you anything to do it

YAY, thats great news... fingers crossed it arrives soon...

theres only 1 ep of s5 i didnt like...
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Which one was that? (We should probably use spoilers because Season 5 hasn't aired in AU yet)

Comment

Spoiler:
            it was the 2nd last ep of s5... while it did tie into the last ep, i think the way they did it was a waste of an episode... especially condsidering they knew the show was ending, they could have put it too much better use...

for those of you who dont want to go into the ep with preconceptions, id suggest not reading the spoiler as it mentions which ep i didnt like...

however it doesnt mention what the ep is about, so doesnt give anything away story wise...

Spoiler:
            the reason i didnt like it is because it was set back on earth, none of the characters were themselves and it was a poor imitation of a crime scene show...

for those who dont mind spoilers and are interested in why i didnt like it

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              yeah, tell me about it... its so much easier moving and storing my collection too then the chunky box sets...

not at all... btw i know a dogs breakfast has david hewlett in it, but i dont know what its about...

yeah same here... i always said if AT comes to australia [now that i can afford it] im there, rain, hail or shine im going to be a one track mind come october, lol...
              I love all my DVDs anyway, i also have Season 1-10 of just the tins for the sets, i love my Stargate collection It's very funny, i liked it muchly, i especially loved how i cracked up laughing BEFORE Chris Judge was even shown It's a funny, random show, if you like David Hewlett you'll like it!

Oh ditto ditto, it's starting to really sink in now... can't image what i'll be like in a coupla months or so I'll be there no matter what! Think its funny though, five years ago there was no doubt that if i met Amanda i woulda like passed out, but considering how many famous people i've met and hung out with nowadays, i think i could probably deal with it all pretty well... maybe do a bit of mumbling... we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by SmileyGidget View Post
                I love all my DVDs anyway, i also have Season 1-10 of just the tins for the sets, i love my Stargate collection It's very funny, i liked it muchly, i especially loved how i cracked up laughing BEFORE Chris Judge was even shown It's a funny, random show, if you like David Hewlett you'll like it!

Oh ditto ditto, it's starting to really sink in now... can't image what i'll be like in a coupla months or so I'll be there no matter what! Think its funny though, five years ago there was no doubt that if i met Amanda i woulda like passed out, but considering how many famous people i've met and hung out with nowadays, i think i could probably deal with it all pretty well... maybe do a bit of mumbling... we'll see
                ill have to keep an eye out for it, cause ive also seen it mentioned elsewhere

ive met heaps of aussie singers, and i always felt fine around them, no mumbling, not uncomfortable at all... but the one US singer ive met, i was more dont know what to say, in fact i couldnt remember what i ended up saying even later that night... i dont know if that is because its more intimidating to meet an overseas person then a local one, but i guess ill find out when i meet AT, lol...

bring on october, my family will be telling me 'yes i know, youve said that already'

Comment

Spoiler:
                  it was the 2nd last ep of s5... while it did tie into the last ep, i think the way they did it was a waste of an episode... especially condsidering they knew the show was ending, they could have put it too much better use...

for those of you who dont want to go into the ep with preconceptions, id suggest not reading the spoiler as it mentions which ep i didnt like...

however it doesnt mention what the ep is about, so doesnt give anything away story wise...

Spoiler:
                  the reason i didnt like it is because it was set back on earth, none of the characters were themselves and it was a poor imitation of a crime scene show...

for those who dont mind spoilers and are interested in why i didnt like it
                  Spoiler:

Actually they found out during the filming of the back half of S5 that they were filming their last season.
                  By then, they had all their scripts finalized, & I don't think they would've changed it anyway.

Besides, 'Vegas' is meant to be a light-hearted episode. They're not meant to be "themselves"- it was set in an AU!!!!!!!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post
                    Spoiler:

Actually they found out during the filming of the back half of S5 that they were filming their last season.
                    By then, they had all their scripts finalized, & I don't think they would've changed it anyway.

Besides, 'Vegas' is meant to be a light-hearted episode. They're not meant to be "themselves"- it was set in an AU!!!!!!!
                    Spoiler:
                    yeah, i understand what type of episode it was supposed to be, its just a shame it happened to be the 2nd last ep of the series...

having said that though i just wasnt a fan of it as an AU ep... they could have IMO done alot better job at the ep in general... so regardless of where the ep fit into the show, i wasnt a fan of it... in fact none of my family liked that ep...

Comment

Spoiler:
                      yeah, i understand what type of episode it was supposed to be, its just a shame it happened to be the 2nd last ep of the series...

having said that though i just wasnt a fan of it as an AU ep... they could have IMO done alot better job at the ep in general... so regardless of where the ep fit into the show, i wasnt a fan of it... in fact none of my family liked that ep...
                      Spoiler:
                      I think they should have done what Dollhouse has done, kept the Vegas episode as a DVD special and made the finale a two parter - it really missed a lot with it being so short

Comment

Originally posted by Tal View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        I think they should have done what Dollhouse has done, kept the Vegas episode as a DVD special and made the finale a two parter - it really missed a lot with it being so short

Spoiler:
                        i think thats a great idea as a dvd special it would have been a fun way for the actors to just do something else together before wrapping up... but all of them should have been in it in that case...

and AU eps still make sense to the series... but this didnt appear to fit in, it was stand along, you had to see the final to get it, and even then it was subtle IMO... and it would have been great to see a two parter finale instead...
                        Last edited by katjoy; 20 June 2009, 10:42 PM.

Comment

woah this place is really jumping!!

hello to everyone, i trust your evenings are going well.

i used to only buy BFBS (big fat box sets) but then they replaced them for the slim ones and now my collection is kind of stuffed coz they're not the same . but it's not so bad, i've taken them all out of their boxes and put them somewhere else. i wouldn't buy the portal set coz i've already got them. it's like a sickness, the day the dvds come out on aus i have to buy them, even when i know they'll be on sale soon after, like most of them are
                          "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*
                          My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                          LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Mmmm all my boxsets are chunky except for SGA S4...

And katjoy, I didn't find Vegas to be my cup of tea either. Alot of people loved it but it was a little too strange for me...
                            Spoiler:
                            even though I adore AU. Personally I think the episode could have been alot better with the presence of Ronan and Teyla
                            sigpic

Comment

the s5 ep i didn't like was the 3rd last i think
                              Spoiler:
                              identity. it was so stupid of them to mess with the continuity of that ancient device, it just made the writers look like they didn't know what they were doing. IMO, of course.
                              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                              "what?"
                              *throat punch*
                              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                                the s5 ep i didn't like was the 3rd last i think
                                Spoiler:
                                identity. it was so stupid of them to mess with the continuity of that ancient device, it just made the writers look like they didn't know what they were doing. IMO, of course.
                                Spoiler:
                                You mean because they were both simultaneously active in the other's bodies? Yeah, it is weird, but it WAS a different model of the device so it's still kinda possible for it to work a different way, one would think the Atlantis model is more modern than the earth model or something or maybe a more expensive one with optional extras hehe

Comment

Working...
                                X