Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    I ordered my Sanctuary dvd's from this link...
    http://fannishinquisition.com/store
    Great price and they're released in September!!
    thanks for the link chelle

will definately be checking that out when i get back from brissy! and sept release, bonus
    "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Got the most recent review of Sanctuary here for y'all!

Sanctuary
      SciFi, 8:30pm
      [note- we Aussies are still using the old spelling of the channel]
      One of the few success stories of telly-on-the-internet, this sci-fi series started off as webisodes before being picked up by the SciFi network and developed into proper television. Part X-Files, part Primeval, it follows the adventures of Dr Helen Magnus (Stargate's lovely Amanda Tapping) as she tracks down the "abnormals" who live among us- strange alien creatures and humanoids with special powers. As the title implies, most of her work is in the service of niceness but sometimes she's obliged to do some alien arse-kicking. The modest Canadian production doesn't exactly have million-dollar values but the writing and the cast somehow make the whole thing work.
      written by Melinda Houston
      I love how MH calls Amanda "lovely". It's so true.
      The last review I read mentioned how they thought one creature looked like a..........oh god! I forgot what it's called! ....... FURBY! (my sis has one in her room from years ago)

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

Originally posted by LandJrule View Post

The last review I read mentioned how they thought one creature looked like a..........oh god! I forgot what it's called! ....... FURBY! (my sis has one in her room from years ago)

yeah its always great to see people acknowledge how lovely AT is
        "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

hehe i know eh? nubbins are so cute. i want one!

Comment

Sanctuary
            SciFi, 8:30pm [note- we Aussies are still using the old spelling of the channel]
            One of the few success stories of telly-on-the-internet, this sci-fi series started off as webisodes before being picked up by the SciFi network and developed into proper television. Part X-Files, part Primeval, it follows the adventures of Dr Helen Magnus (Stargate's lovely Amanda Tapping) as she tracks down the "abnormals" who live among us- strange alien creatures and humanoids with special powers. As the title implies, most of her work is in the service of niceness but sometimes she's obliged to do some alien arse-kicking. The modest Canadian production doesn't exactly have million-dollar values but the writing and the cast somehow make the whole thing work.
            written by Melinda Houston
            Thank you for that little tidbit. If you don't mind me asking but, where was that interview/review from??
            Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
            According to Star Trek fans they look like Tribbles. Now I'm not familiar with Tribbles but Furby is the best comparison for me. I have my daughters old Furby which was about to make a journey to the tip, sitting on my desk...he's my personal little Nubbin!!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Thank you for that little tidbit. If you don't mind me asking but, where was that interview/review from??

According to Star Trek fans they look like Tribbles. Now I'm not familiar with Tribbles but Furby is the best comparison for me. I have my daughters old Furby which was about to make a journey to the tip, sitting on my desk...he's my personal little Nubbin!!
              haha they're.... kind... of tribble...is.. if you take out the eyes.... legs... mouth... ears... nose... and turn them into a ball of fluff...

Comment

I've yet to watch the show (no foxtel ) but the ref of nubbins as furbies makes me laugh anyway.

I don't mind.
                It's from my local guide- called the Green Guide. It's a TV guide (I think only Victoria (Aus) has it....not sure.) that comes out every Thursday & has reviews & stuff in it as well as whats on fri- thurs. There's been at least 4 reviews of Sanctuary that I've seen in it.

awww! good re-use of an old thing that would've been at the tip. Great recycling!

Spoiler:

All Sigs Made By Me.

Comment

nubbins:
                  http://hauntingthunder.files.wordpre.../nubbins04.jpg
                  tribbles:
                  http://www.stilldesigning.com/shatner/tribble1.jpg
                  furbies:
                  http://bloggingpr.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/furby.jpg

i think the tribble similarity only comes from the breeding potential of the nubbins.

thanks for the link Chelle. I prefer to get the aussie releases of DVDs, for the region code and to let the sellers know aussies love their sci fi
                  "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                  "what?"
                  *throat punch*
                  My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                  LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

^ oh haha nice nubbins there kat.... errr and tribbles and furby... >.>
                    OH LOOK NEW SGU TRAILER!!!

Spoiler:
                    OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH IT SPINS! HOW COOL!

Comment

^ oh haha nice nubbins there kat.... errr and tribbles and furby... >.>
                      OH LOOK NEW SGU TRAILER!!!

Spoiler:
                      OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH IT SPINS! HOW COOL!
                      lol ohh you like my nubbins then do you ford hahaha j/k for anyone who thinks we're being naughty

OMFG SG:U!!! i'm so psyched for it! it's gonna be so awesome
                      Spoiler:
                      the gate spins! *bounces*
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*

Comment

Nice new trailer

Spoiler:
                        The entire gate spins! ...awesome.
                        Will take some getting used to.
                        Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidKal View Post
                          Nice new trailer

Spoiler:
                          The entire gate spins! ...awesome.
                          Will take some getting used to.
                          Spoiler:
                          would it be just the space gates that spin fully? or are the gates on the planets hover above the ground? of do they all spin in their holders?
                          "what?"
                          *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            lol ohh you like my nubbins then do you ford hahaha j/k for anyone who thinks we're being naughty
                            Hehe, if we were, i'd be getting killed by seb by now.

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            would it be just the space gates that spin fully? or are the gates on the planets hover above the ground? of do they all spin in their holders?
                            Spoiler:
                            OH NICE. how would the space ones spin!? little jets on them? bahaha

Comment

Hi guys,

Completely un-Stargate related.....

Lets all band together and wish the Aussies luck in smashing the poms in the Ashes, which started tonight!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I've yet to watch the show (no foxtel ) but the ref of nubbins as furbies makes me laugh anyway.

I don't mind.
                                It's from my local guide- called the Green Guide. It's a TV guide (I think only Victoria (Aus) has it....not sure.) that comes out every Thursday & has reviews & stuff in it as well as whats on fri- thurs. There's been at least 4 reviews of Sanctuary that I've seen in it.
                                If you want to see Sactuary....but don't have foxtel.....this is the site for you.......especially if you have Broadband.......

http://www.scifitv.com.au/Spectrum/

They have the full episodes (the ones that have aired) ready to stream when you are.......It's fantastic.......I too don't have foxtel.......but no longer have to wait for the DVD's
                                CARTER:
                                You spent seven years on MacGyver......and you can't figure this one out.......

We've got belt buckles and shoe laces and a piece of gum.........build a Neucliar Reactor for crying out loud.......

You used to be MacGyver........MacGadjet.........MacGimmic........Now your Mr MacUseless.......

Dear God............I'm stuck on a glacier with MacGyver.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PdY3...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X