Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broken-heart View Post
    I think it should continue, S10 has been pretty good IMHO. I think we should at least get another season, then a movie. It seems too rushed.
    It does seem rushed that's true. Ideally, if they COULD pull off Season 11 with the backing of a network that would be ideal. My concern is that they won't get that backing but try anyway (which is unlikely since they have stated "Unending" is the last episode). The reality is that they haven't really had a choice. The show got cancelled which has meant that they will have to end it sooner than they wished. I have trust in the writers - they haven't let us down yet.
    I love a sunburnt country,
    A land of sweeping plains,
    Of rugged mountain ranges,
    Of droughts and flooding rains.
    I love her far horizons,
    I love her jewel-sea,
    Her beauty and her terror –
    The wide brown land for me!

Comment

That's true. Perhaps it will just go straight to DVD's.

Comment

MGM should set up a pay download site. I'd pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks View Post
          I would pay too
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Sounds like a good idea that could work well...except for people without credit cards and such, like me...Although I think stargate should end soon, I don't think it should end yet, they need at least 1 more season to wrap it up and I'm not sure whether they can do it properly with a couple of movies.

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
            Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
            Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

I think maybe S11 straight to DVD would work. I mean, it solves the credit card problem, but you actually have to go out and buy it, not just turning on your PC.

And the 1400th post goes to...*drum roll* Frinky!!

Why am I always the one who notices this?

Comment

I wouldn't mind going and getting it, its easier than convincing the parents to buy stuff online Besides, even if it was initially for download I'm sure it would make its way to DVD sooner or later.

Perhaps there should be some sort ot list of achievements

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
                Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
                Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

LOL! It would be released on DVD if there were a lot of downloads.

I've been flicking back, and we've gone through 40 pages in about 5 weeks. I think that should be an achievement.

Comment

I think maybe S11 straight to DVD would work. I mean, it solves the credit card problem, but you actually have to go out and buy it, not just turning on your PC.

And the 1400th post goes to...*drum roll* Frinky!!

Why am I always the one who notices this?
                    It could, but that would mean they'd have to cut costs. If a network isn't willing to pay to air the show then that means less bling-ling to blow stuff up with.
                    I love her far horizons,
                    I love her jewel-sea,

Comment

LOL! It would be released on DVD if there were a lot of downloads.

I've been flicking back, and we've gone through 40 pages in about 5 weeks. I think that should be an achievement.
                      "There should be cake."?

Comment

Originally posted by xTHORx View Post
                        You can hardly blame the Sci-fi Channel in the States for dropping SG-1. As a business they are concerned with making money and dropping ratings never please a Board of Directors. The same goes for Auz. SG-1 and Atlantis are on late at night when the only thing everyone else is watching is the inside of their eyelids. It is widely recognised that ratings dropped off during season 9 with the departure of RDA - Mr Stargate in many people's minds.

As for saving the show for season 11 I am somewhat skeptical. I LOVE the show, but I would not want to see the quality suffer if the show had to cut costs or anything like that. Since they are drawing the Ori storyline to a close at the end of Season 10 with the movie I think this would be a fitting ending. Stargate would end the way it began; with a movie. Full circle. With the Goa'uld and the Ori defeated they could all live happily ever after.
                        According to scifi, they didn't drop it coz of failing ratings, coz if you look, you'll find the ratings for season 10 are higher than season 9, they wanted to drop it already at the end of season 8 to make room for a new spin off!!
                        RDA's departure was only partly contributed to the ratings drop...IMHO, they threw too many newbies in at once and it got crowded...too much of the new and not enough of the old...but that's just what I think anyways!
                        The scifi shows are shown late here coz they don't rate too well and that's partly due to our population size too...we only have 20mil people in the entire country so you're not gonna get a lot of scifi fans in that number...but I'm thankful they still air the shows...it could be worse....they could drop it all together...it's not just Stargate that gets the late time slot...Star Trek got the late slot as well...it seems that drama and reality TV rate better so therefor they get prime time airing...also...scifi just doesn't get promoted as much either...it's a conspiracy!!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks View Post
                          But not everyone is in the same position as you to pay for dowloading it...I wouldn't be able to do that...I'd rather it either ends now with at least 2-3 movies or for another 2 seasons to make it an even dozen!

Night all...it's lonesome here at 2.20am!!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                            According to scifi, they didn't drop it coz of failing ratings, coz if you look, you'll find the ratings for season 10 are higher than season 9, they wanted to drop it already at the end of season 8 to make room for a new spin off!!
                            RDA's departure was only partly contributed to the ratings drop...IMHO, they threw too many newbies in at once and it got crowded...too much of the new and not enough of the old...but that's just what I think anyways!
                            The scifi shows are shown late here coz they don't rate too well and that's partly due to our population size too...we only have 20mil people in the entire country so you're not gonna get a lot of scifi fans in that number...but I'm thankful they still air the shows...it could be worse....they could drop it all together...it's not just Stargate that gets the late time slot...Star Trek got the late slot as well...it seems that drama and reality TV rate better so therefor they get prime time airing...also...scifi just doesn't get promoted as much either...it's a conspiracy!!
                            Fair enough. As long as WE get to see it, a ratings drop doesn't really doesn't matter all that much does it. Like I said, as long as they keep making Stargate the way they always have, I'll keep watching it. That said, if they DO end up making Season 11 - which could be straight to DVD - I am betting it'll be the last.

And yes, I agree on the new characters. To too many people saw SG-1 as Gould's, Jack and Hammond. When they got rid of those many weren't comfortable with what or whom replaced each of them. Mitchell is great, but he's not Jack. Landry is good, but not great like Hammond, and the Ori don't have the sadistic charisma the Goa'uld did/do.
                            Last edited by xTHORx; 13 November 2006, 06:17 PM.
                            I love her far horizons,
                            I love her jewel-sea,

Comment

Originally posted by chelle db View Post
                              Night all...it's lonesome here at 2.20am!!
                              Please tell me you weren't up to 2am talking Stargate!
                              I love her far horizons,
                              I love her jewel-sea,

Comment

the writers etc have said in a number of avenues that they've been building up to a series end for ages. season 6 could have worked as a series finale, and from then on they started to periodically wipe out all of sg1s friends; abydos, janet, hammond, selmak. really, season nine seemed like a bonus that came out of no where

i hope with a movie in the works that the writers don't do a crappy angel finale *shudder* i think sg1 has too much integrity to do that
                                "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*
                                My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
                                LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X