No announcement yet.

Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's ok. I used to watch it when I was a kid so it has a nostalgia value for me as well.

Comment

^^^ yeah but remember one thing, its old, you can just change how they look with the times. its like in S9 of SGA changing the wraith from green to red because red is more popular then. you just cant.

if you look at the cybermen and the daleks, there the same as the ones from the first season. btw there up to season 29 now.

^ i started at S2 and Love it. i started with the scribble monster so beat that!

Comment

Haha, I remember that monster from Buffy. The one in the frat house basement. That was horrible. Season 6 overall wasn't that great I didn't think. 3 nerdy teenagers as villains... LAME! Season 5 and 7 rocked though. Season 5 finale... *orgasms*

Ohh, the last few episodes of season 6 were the exception. Dark Willow owned so bad!
        Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

Originally posted by shrap View Post
          How can a person not be obsessed with Dr Who. It is such a great show.
          Its never been able to get into it. Watched a few eps, but didn't impress

Nice work with asking those Aussie based questions guys
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

^^ hello were talking about DW here!

SG=GD

Comment

Originally posted by Kidwizz View Post
              ^^^ yeah but remember one thing, its old, you can just change how they look with the times. its like in S9 of SGA changing the wraith from green to red because red is more popular then. you just cant.

if you look at the cybermen and the daleks, there the same as the ones from the first season. btw there up to season 29 now.

^ i started at S2 and Love it. i started with the scribble monster so beat that!
              so true

changing the characters would really pi$$ off those who have been fans for years

odd that dr who was never watched at my house. mum was always a scifi fan; guess she was never into it
              "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
              "what?"
              *throat punch*
              My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
              LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

*looks around* oh yeah, this is an SG thread

but yeh the s5 finale of BtVS was sooooo goood
                "what?"
                *throat punch*

Comment

i think thats the thing i like about it is that its stayed the same through 29 seasons, even though ive only seen 28+29.

CONGRATS TO JO FOR 200

Comment

I was responding to roseys comment about buffy

When the new series started in 2005 they could have updated their looks. I understand why they didn't, and it kept the old fans happy. But for me I'd have preferred if they had. Just my opinion. Its like a lot of movies that are remade or continued. Superman, Transformers blah blah. They update it to match the times. Not something you do in the middle of a series, but when reviving an old series and starting fresh I think it'd be perfectly acceptable.

I understand why the daleks and cybermen look the way they do. I'm just saying it put me off. We aren't in the 60s or whenever anymore
                    The 2005 revival counts as a different series, so its season 4 coming up. Or 3 thats just started on ABC.
                    Thus it will come to pass... the dying leader will know the truth of the opera house... the missing 3 will give you the 5 who have come from the home of the 13th... you are the harbinger of death, Kara Thrace - you will lead them all to their end. End of line.

Comment

w00t for JO!!

well, to be fair (and annoying coz it's ten past twelve monday morning), dr who hasn't remainded consistant in it's many years. they keep changing the lead guy!
                      "what?"
                      *throat punch*

Comment

Originally posted by rosey_angel View Post
                        w00t for JO!!

well, to be fair (and annoying coz it's ten past twelve monday morning), dr who hasn't remainded consistant in it's many years. they keep changing the lead guy!
                        Another thing that got to me... I liked Christopher Eccleston!
                        So happy when he appeared in Heroes, hope he comes back in season 2.

back on topic... Stargate rocks! hehe

Comment

^^Yeah but i think that was said in the start that they can regenerate. thats why there time lords. they can stay alive until time its self stops. aka 100 tillion years i think.

Comment

yeah, i'm sure people were annoyed at the doctor change, especially since CE and DT are so totally different

LOLs stargate... hmmmm
                            "what?"
                            *throat punch*

Comment

Does anyone know why the Doctor couldn't go back in time and prevent the time war that wiped out his race? I'm sure there is an explanation somewhere, probably involving the mechanics of time... seeing as it was a time war. But I've never heard it and would be interested to. I do like the Dr Who story a fair bit. most of it anyway.

Comment

re: time war, i'm pretty sure he tried to prevent it, like he was there, but he couldn't
                                "what?"
                                *throat punch*

Comment

Working...
                                X