No announcement yet.

Stargate Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool! But it doesn't affect me since I'm with Free TV.

This thread has more posts than any other thread in the whole S9 folder!..except "Camelot". Still..wow.

Comment

Originally posted by broken-heart View Post
      This thread has more posts than any other thread in the whole S9 folder!..except "Camelot". Still..wow.
      w00t! Aussie Stargate fans RULE!!

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"
      Wraith: "I am your death. That is all you need to know."
      Sheppard: "I prefer Steve."

Comment

Is everyone happy when I ask mods to move this thread to Stargate Discussion for the thread to be titled Stargate Down Under ?

or should we invade the SGA S2 thread ?

If anyone has any suggestions before I ask for rename and move please post here

Comment

Personally, I love the new title!!! I think you should ask to move it. But we still have at least 5 eps left, so there's no rush. We'd still be talking about S9...at least most of the time

Comment

Originally posted by phaeton View Post
            Aussie Viewers Network 7 screens Stargate SG1 Season 9 between 11pm & 12pm Thursday Nights.
            Actually, it's now 11:30pm to 12:30pm.

I'm neutral with the whole title change and move thingy.
            Last edited by Jozxyqk; 16 October 2006, 03:51 AM.
            I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Democracy simply doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by broken-heart View Post
              Personally, I love the new title!!! I think you should ask to move it. But we still have at least 5 eps left, so there's no rush. We'd still be talking about S9...at least most of the time
              Thank BOYSCOUT for new title he mentioned it a while back and my memory is good enough to remember that

Yeah I'll wait 4 weeks and enquire about move and title rename .

Comment

[QUOTE=Jozxyqk;5909013]
                Aussie Viewers Network 7 screens Stargate SG1 Season 9 between 11pm & 12pm Thursday Nights.QUOTE]

Actually, it's now 11:30pm to 12:30pm.

I'm neutral with the whole title change and move thingy.
                Done
                Last edited by phaeton; 16 October 2006, 01:16 AM.

Comment

I will thank him.

Will the S10 eps of SG-1 go to the new Sci-Fi channel?

Comment

I certainly hope so, but some dumb legal thing will probably come in the way. Would it be likely for them to air newish eps, ie S9/10, alongside with 7? I'm not sure, but that seems plausible...

Sheppard: "Y’know, we’ve been having these conversations for a couple of weeks now, and I don’t even know your name. You guys do have names, right? Let me guess...Steve?"

Comment

Originally posted by Frinky View Post
                      I certainly hope so, but some dumb legal thing will probably come in the way. Would it be likely for them to air newish eps, ie S9/10, alongside with 7? I'm not sure, but that seems plausible...
                      I think ch7 gets 1st dibbs on SG series as they have been buying it since the beginning, so I am 88% sure 3 to air will have it b4 SciFi (it felt good saying that )

Unless of course it goes to the highest bidder.

Comment

It's almost always about the money..so I think it's highest bidder..but I hope it's 7. I'm not paying for cable just to watch SG-1..even though it's my favourite show

Comment

I'm not so sure...If it comes down to a bidding war, I don't think that 7 are gonna go out of their way to keep SG-1. It seems to me that the only reason they air the new eps is cause if they didn't then the Aussie fanbase would be in an uproar and constantly pester them, so if a Sci-fi channel came along then they wouldn't have to bare that anymore and could just let them deal with it. However, in an ideal world both would play it, although I could see the sci-fi channel airing S10 much earlier than 7.

Comment

I'm not so sure...If it comes down to a bidding war, I don't think that 7 are gonna go out of their way to keep SG-1. It seems to me that the only reason they air the new eps is cause if they didn't then the Aussie fanbase would be in an uproar and constantly pester them, so if a Sci-fi channel came along then they wouldn't have to bare that anymore and could just let them deal with it. However, in an ideal world both would play it, although I could see the sci-fi channel airing S10 much earlier than 7.
                            Agreed Ch7 would spend money on another reality show instead of Stargate series.

I'm still not paying $40 a mth for one channel I'd rather spend that on DVDs.

I find pay tv annoying (for me) there is never anything good on much like 3 to air.
                            When theres a good movie you have to pay 7.95 I mean c'mon blockbuster rents them for $3.
                            The only good channels IMO are news & history and soon Sci Fi.

Comment

I agree too. I mean, the time that Ch7 shows SG-1 at tells it all.

Comment

The only good channels IMO are news & history and soon Sci Fi.
                                Foxfooty was good, but now its gone
                                Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Working...
                                X