Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rest of the world still have cards that they can played. Why we may not be able to match them on military power, america would not last long with out oil. And america do not have nearly enough capacity to supply its own oil. And so if we do go to war we can just simpley cut of the oil suplies to america and the price so high, that it would make $70 a barrel cheap. And that the reason almighty america are not at war with iran right now.

Comment

Since the Americans control the gate I see no problem in finding all the crude oil in the galaxy if the rest of earth shuts down trade with the USA.

Right or wrong only the USA will do something while everyone else sits around to see what happens. Stargate is just like real life. Only the Americans will stand up and protect the world from an enemy who wants to:

a. rule the world
      b. destroy the world
      c. force their believe on others
      d. all of the above

With that said- the world needs to realize the Earth is our home. Not a division of nations, but where we all live. We need to stand together and not fight between ourselves. This is the main reason the Stargate program could never be revealed to all the people on earth.

Comment

uhmm FEAR..... thats what keep the world in LINE damn it read what i wrote

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

The US could never win a war against the rest of the world no matter how many BC they have because the rest of the world have nuke's and we wouldn't target your ship we would target your people and thus putting pressue on the goverment.

'People should not be afraid of their goverments, governments should be afraid of their people.'

Comment

Ah a "V for vendetta" I see, however the US both in RL and in SG-1 and SGA should learn that its allies will only be their allies if they are treated fairly and that trust is a two-way mechanism otherwise US could find itself isolated.

Comment

If this thread doesn't calm down and steer away from personal attacks, it will be deleted.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

all hail the thread of people who can't seem to leave their petty political issues in the real world. This is STARGATE a SCI-FI series it doesn't have to make sense it doesn't have to have anything. I don't care if the rest of the world rots(that includes and is not limited too the US) this is a place to have fun not to blow our brains out with senseless political doggeral.

and that is that...

I think that the US is doing pretty well with the Stargate but I think it should start to give out the technology for building starships after all they could still sell the materials for their construction.

Comment

well if you target the people then the people no longer have a voice because they are dead thus government runs supreme

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Froggy
                    I think that the US is doing pretty well with the Stargate but I think it should start to give out the technology for building starships after all they could still sell the materials for their construction.
                    According to "The Scourge" they give other nations access to all Stargate technology except weapons (with the possible exception of Russia whom they seem to give weapons to, as well), so I'd say that's a decent start.

Comment

The US keeping the Stargate would never hold up in the UN

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
                        The UN is controlled by institutionalized great power consensus in the Security Council. Unless the Charter is amended, the U.S. can veto any binding UN resolution and there is nothing they can do about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
                          First off who really cares what the UN thinks(I don't at least). Secondly they would have to take that up with Russia since it is their gate that the US is using. thirdly stargates are nice and all but starships are more versatile so most nations should really be trying to get a couple of those.

Before you blame me for being a bigoted American I just want you to know that I am from The Great State of Hysteria. And its existance in the US and every other nation of the world is merely a coincidence...I also have met people from britain(as well as other nations) and found them rather like-able.

Comment

I'm an American and I care about the United Nations...in fact, I love the United Nations and what it tries to do. I think the U.S. need to be much more supportive of UN efforts and not take the unilateral track just because it can.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                              I'm an American and I care about the United Nations...in fact, I love the United Nations and what it tries to do. I think the U.S. need to be much more supportive of UN efforts and not take the unilateral tract just because it can.
                              Well I guess we differ there in our opinions but I'll get over it. So why haven't we heard of the EU building a starship in SG-1?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                                What kind of an, I apologize for what I'm about to say, <mod snip> are you? You are clearly American, and one of the bad ones at that.

You seriously think that if the Ori were real and it became public knowledge, the United States would be the only country willing to fight? Too bad I can't kick you in real life, because I would if I could.

I'm not one to use offend people lightly, but I'm sorry, sir, you deserved it.
                                In lost City Anubis shows up at Antarctica and only the USA was there to meet him. I guess he did not show up in anyone elses telescopes or radar? You apparently did not figure out that my post was not directed at the Ori. It was directed at anyone who hit fits in the category of terrorist.

<bickering snipped>

So the USA spends the money to run the stargate program. They use American troops to search the galaxy some of which they lost. They spend years perfecting the new ships, and the untold costs of developement. Now other nations build ships in less time and less cost and the USA did something wrong? The US should be charging everyone else a finders fee and send them a security bill.
                                Last edited by Major Tyler; 20 March 2006, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X