This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the fifth man
    I don't think they need a homosexual character just to have one.
    Exactly, SG is not reality television where they find it necessary to have a token homosexual in every show.
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 28 February 2006, 03:39 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

to have a gay character for the sake of one, means the show has losts its original appeal and become a soap opera instead, other shows such as startrek had a few comments aimed at it for the subject since that was focused around alot of the characters that we saw what their daily lives were like, personally the subject for instance over here in england and where i live the subject of homosexulality and bi sexuals is accepted and to have this injected into a show thats not focused around this it brings the subject up like a nasty absses that wont go away, not that its needs to its just that people like change in small steps and maybe in the future it may happen to such shows?
      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

im having images of daniel mincing around skipping with his arceology (sp?) brushes dusting the gate lol

nah having gays of either gender just wouldnt work in sg1, there really is no need, i mean they could be in there but why would we need to no? it wouldnt affect the story
        Good Evening, Good Nite, GOOD BEER!

Comment

Originally posted by mother-goose
          nah having gays of either gender just wouldnt work in sg1, there really is no need, i mean they could be in there but why would we need to no? it wouldnt affect the story
          In SG-1 I agree with you, but Atlantis is more character-driven so something like that probably would affect the story.

I'm pretty sure if TPTB did go that route it would be as token, which is profoundly depressing since there are four people - McKay, Zelenka, Cadman and Vala-- that I could picture some form of LGBT relationship working with in canon. It'll probably never happen though, which is somewhat of a pity, but come on, this is SciFi Channel. Torri herself said "Maybe [Weir and Teyla]'ll go off together... Oh, wait, different show."

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
            In SG-1 I agree with you, but Atlantis is more character-driven so something like that probably would affect the story.

I'm pretty sure if TPTB did go that route it would be as token, which is profoundly depressing since there are four people - McKay, Zelenka, Cadman and Vala-- that I could picture some form of LGBT relationship working with in canon. It'll probably never happen though, which is somewhat of a pity, but come on, this is SciFi Channel. Torri herself said "Maybe [Weir and Teyla]'ll go off together... Oh, wait, different show."
            When did Cadman ever give out a... "vibe"? >_>'

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
              When did Cadman ever give out a... "vibe"? >_>'
              Perhaps not to you, but to me she screams bisexual. Maybe it's because I tune in to that kind of thing, being so myself, but she seems pretty androgynous to me, even with her hair down.

Comment

Well, I have no gaydar. Which is ironic since I'm gay. Heck, I can't even tell when people are attracted to me and hitting on me. Which is ironic since this straight guy went kinda bi for me and it took him 6 months to fess up and I was all "Heh?!" and now we're an item XD.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                  Well, I have no gaydar. Which is ironic since I'm gay. Heck, I can't even tell when people are attracted to me and hitting on me. Which is ironic since this straight guy went kinda bi for me and it took him 6 months to fess up and I was all "Heh?!" and now we're an item XD.
                  *giggles* Aww. That's kind of cute. But yes, ironic!

I can almost always tell, thankfully. It's saved my butt in a few situations, I can tell you that.

Comment

I agree that SG1 used to be about many things and any things but the sexual shenanigans of the characters. But as TPTB seem to have swung the other way (no pun intended ) this season and blatantly focused on the sexual lives of the characters <coughValacough> an openly gay character with a few episodes revolving around their attempts to seduce any other character in the show would, sadly, not seem out of whack these days.

And I say that not as having any bias against a gay character per se - I have no problems with that if the plot calls for it - or Vala in particular, who I actually like as a character (though I still feel she's wrong as a regular and should be relegated to occasional guest star)

Albion (who remembers the extreme reaction when Sam first kissed Pete and how outraged many fans were at 'sex' suddenly coming into the show, where 'it had no place'. Ah, how innocent those days seem now! )
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Why do you people think Vala could be gay? o_O

Well, I really don't care if there are gay characters in Stargate, for all we know they could all be - but we would never find out since it's kind of a military show.

I agree, Walter could be gay if you think about it and yet no. How ever, Zelenka could also be.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                        IMHO she's the kind of person who'd sleep with anyone to get something she wanted. But I haven't seen much of her yet, so I might be a little off, but that's how she felt to me.

Comment

IMHO she's the kind of person who'd sleep with anyone to get something she wanted. But I haven't seen much of her yet, so I might be a little off, but that's how she felt to me.
                          *lol* she would do anything for something worth alot.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

exactly, she's the only one I could see sleeping with someone of the same gender, just exactly for these reasons. I could see Vala seducing a woman

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                              lol not just gay, but bisexual... she seems the kind of woman that would do both men and woman. Don't ask why but I get that vibe as well. Maybe she is only a man eater, probably is... but out of all the characters, she is more likely to play on both sides of the fence.

But that's not a bad thing, like almost all straight heterosexual males, I find a hot bisexual woman to be, well, hot.

Comment

*giggles* Aww. That's kind of cute. But yes, ironic!

I can almost always tell, thankfully. It's saved my butt in a few situations, I can tell you that.
                                Actually, in real life, I've been able to pinpoint one bisexual and one lesbian girl in my class XD. So my gaydar works on women XD... kinda...

Comment

Working...
                                X