This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are you telling me to go away?
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
      are you telling me to go away?
      Not at all, you gave me some friendly advice earlier, I was just returning the favor.

Comment

You should really be thanking the mods, not me! I am just repeating what THEY say!

Comment

Really? From what I saw the mods were telling you to stop saying what you were saying and take it to the appropriate forum, as I recall someone else gave you the same friendly advice earlier too =)

Comment

The mods give it a general rule. They also say to block people you don't want to read as well!

I think having gay people is on a show is more realistic than thinking just only "straight" people are in your work place. Which in this case is the SGC or Atlantis and now the ship that SGU takes place on, as there are gay people everywhere, in every job.

They may not announce it or wear a sign but, the cashier at McDonald's *might* be gay.

Sheppard or Mitchell *might* be gay. Chuck or Keller *Might* be gay and Wray from SGU *is* gay..

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
              Which isn't relevant on the general board, I don't vist the characters and relationships forum because I Think all the fantasy pairings are pointless.
              A) this thread wasn't originally on gay characters in fanfic or the gay-fication of characters in fanfic

B) I feel sorry for your non-imaginative mind.

I only brought up fanfic as an example.
              There you go. It was just an example.

...but what are we supposed to talk about in this thread?
              And here be the original starter's post:

Originally posted by Lord Shiva View Post
              I find it very interesting that Stargate has no gay characters. Not that I care, I'm heterosexual, but especially in this day and age, every show seems to at least have "that token homosexual character." But not Stargate. Why is that? Is Teal'c's metrosexual identity enough for the show?

Do you find the lack of a homosexual character in Stargate to be refreshing, or do you think that they need to write in a homosexual character? For example, imagine a story arc dealing with Mitchell and Susan (the new lesbian character who joins SG-1) vying for Carter's affection.
              I was cleaning out my subscriptions when I stumbled across this one, and the other one, and found it highly interesting how some people have been discussing this particular point of interest since way before there was any talk of a gay character on Stargate.

I personally did find the lack of homosexual characters in SG1/SGA refreshing, I think its silly to have a gay character on a show just for the sake of having a gay character.
              Why do I have the remote feeling you're not one to stand positive towards gay people in general?

Don't answer that. If you want to however, take it to my PM.

When I come across a thread I don't know how to respond to or I don't have anything to add I simply don't respond, maybe you should do the same?
              Or you could take the time to read the first post which usually explains all there is to know about a thread. Takes about a minute to do, only a click away.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Now wait a second young person! I DID NOT say that, Vyse99 said that about not responding to a thread!

Scroll back up a look.

I was wanting to know why we couldn't talk about gay people or pairings in a rhetorical type of way.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Or you could take the time to read the first post which usually explains all there is to know about a thread. Takes about a minute to do, only a click away.

You'd generally have to read the first post in order to know whether you can respond/add to the thread...

Comment

The mods give it a general rule. They also say to block people you don't want to read as well!
                    Don't know if this was meant for me but I never said I didn't want to read what you wanted to say, I just said this wasn't the place for shipping gay straight or otherwise.

Sheppard or Mitchell *might* be gay. Chuck or Keller *Might* be gay and Wray from SGU *is* gay..
                    Again this isn't the forum for speculation on whose gay and whose not. Shepperd. Mitchell and Keller have all displayed attraction to their respective opposite sexes, outside of the fanfic/character forums we're talking about what was shown in the show itself, not baseless whatifs.

A) this thread wasn't originally on gay characters in fanfic or the gay-fication of characters in fanfic

B) I feel sorry for your non-imaginative mind.
                    A. Thanks for agreeing with me?

B. Don't be, I'm very happy and content with my mind the way it is.

Why do I have the remote feeling you're not one to stand positive towards gay people in general?

Don't answer that. If you want to however, take it to my PM.
                    I'll answer your question with a question. You think its wrong for straight people to want gay people to be straight right?

Comment

Are you talking about this thread? This thread *is* talking about characters and characters arcs and if being gay is something you want to see with the new characters or established characters.

This Forum has threads for gay pairings: Sheppard/McKay, Sheppard/Dex, Beckett/McKay so unless they removed those threads in the last 2 seconds...r.

This thread is about the characters on Stargate shows and gayness...

I have stated that I have no problem if a character is gay.... just like the original poster asked the people here how they fee. I did.
                      Last edited by fumblesmcstupid; 09 June 2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Now wait a second young person! I DID NOT say that, Vyse99 said that about not responding to a thread!
                        Young padawan offers deepest apologies to the wise and old jedi. *bows in respect*

Don't know if this was meant for me but I never said I didn't want to read what you wanted to say, I just said this wasn't the place for shipping gay straight or otherwise.
                        It's just a general thing or knowledge on GW that if you do not wish to read certain views or opinions, or you just don't like the person that you can ignore them or set them to ignore in which case you don't see their post unless someone quotes it. I think that's what she meant.

Again this isn't the forum for speculation on whose gay and whose not.
                        Actually it is... because the original poster questions that fact. And adds an example - so since this was originally started in 2006 the question is valid, and on topic.

Shepperd. Mitchell and Keller have all displayed attraction to their respective opposite sexes, outside of the fanfic/character forums we're talking about what was shown in the show itself, not baseless whatifs.
                        Which doesn't exclude them from being bi.

A. Thanks for agreeing with me?
                        I did.

I'll answer your question with a question. You think its wrong for straight people to want gay people to be straight right?
                        I'll take this to PM if you don't mind.

Comment

...so unless they removed those threads in the last 2 seconds...r.
                          Don't tempt faith, master Jedi.

Comment

Are you talking about this thread? This thread *is* talking about characters being gay , the new characters or established characters.

This Forum has threads for gay pairings: Sheppard/McKay, Sheppard/Dex, Beckett/McKay so unless they removed those threads in the last 2 seconds...r.

This thread is about the characters on Stargate shows and gayness...

I have stated that I have no problem if a character is gay.... just like the original poster asked the people here how they fee. I did.
                            Originally posted by Lord Shiva View Post
                            I find it very interesting that Stargate has no gay characters. Not that I care, I'm heterosexual, but especially in this day and age, every show seems to at least have "that token homosexual character." But not Stargate. Why is that? Is Teal'c's metrosexual identity enough for the show?

Do you find the lack of a homosexual character in Stargate to be refreshing, or do you think that they need to write in a homosexual character? For example, imagine a story arc dealing with Mitchell and Susan (the new lesbian character who joins SG-1) vying for Carter's affection.

What? I see something about writing in a homosexual character, I don't see anything about making current characters gay.

Comment

I'll take this to PM if you don't mind.
                              Very well

Comment

What? I see something about writing in a homosexual character, I don't see anything about making current characters gay.
                                Why not, TPTB do it all the time. Didn't you see how they turned Vega gay on Mallozzi's blog, and there's another one on SGA. Let the polls begin... oh wait, Lorne is winning.

Comment

Working...
                                X