This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are wise master FH.

That is why you are the teacher, and I am only a student.

Perhaps one day I will be as wise as you....
    Spoiler:
    a wise *** maybe....
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Why not, TPTB do it all the time. Didn't you see how they turned Vega gay on Mallozzi's blog, and there's another one on SGA. Let the polls begin... oh wait, Lorne is winning.
      I thought JM already said he considered Lorne was gay? In any event neither were actually depicted as being gay on the show.

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
        You are wise master FH.

That is why you are the teacher, and I am only a student.

Perhaps one day I will be as wise as you....
        Spoiler:
        a wise *** maybe....
        Practice makes perfect.

Originally posted by Vyse99 View Post
        I thought JM already said he considered Lorne was gay?
        He did? When? Must have missed that, which is possible.

In any event neither were actually depicted as being gay on the show.
        True.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm not 100% sure if it was JM or not, I might be thinking of BW, I dunno I'm confused/tired atm lol.

Comment

I'm not 100% sure if it was JM or not, I might be thinking of BW, I dunno I'm confused/tired atm lol.
            It was a PTB.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Lorne has not been confirmed as gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                But it's the way people interpret those things determines whether we believe in something or not. There's no absolute certainty that Ford is dead, or that McKay and Sheppard are 100% straight. We can only interpret what we see and translate it to something we usually want to see the most.

In my case one lingering look from Kate on Teyla is enough to send my heart fluttering all over the place.
                At the end of the day, fans see what they want to see. Be it a relationship, or 'proof' that two characters hate each other or that someone didn't die or that some character is dead.

fans see what fans want to see

There's nothing wrong with that. The issue comes when those that see something take it upon themselves to convince the whole world that 'they' are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

That's when things start to get messy
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Lorne has not been confirmed as gay.
                  Exactly, personally my view is unless it makes the final cut, its not canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    At the end of the day, fans see what they want to see. Be it a relationship, or 'proof' that two characters hate each other or that someone didn't die or that some character is dead.

fans see what fans want to see

There's nothing wrong with that. The issue comes when those that see something take it upon themselves to convince the whole world that 'they' are right and the rest of the world is wrong.

That's when things start to get messy
                    Don't get me wrong I think everyone has a right to their opinion on who likes who and what not, but at the same time I think there's also a time and a place, I just don't see this particular thread as the place =P

Comment

Do you mean *Thread* or *Forum*

This thread has "homosexual" in the title, so this is the right thread.

If you mean *forum* then as I said before there are threads for gay pairings.

Comment

Do you mean *Thread* or *Forum*

If you mean *forum* then as I said before there are threads for gay pairings.
                        Yes that's what I've been saying the entire time too. Why do you need this thread to do that when there are others already open?

I'd like to discuss the topic at hand which was adding a homosexual character just for the sake of adding one, not fan fantasy shipper matches.

Comment

Okay I mentioned Chemistry between Joe/John and David/Rodney as an example of characters who *MIGHT* be gay/bi for the chemistry between the actors.

I didn't say OMG!! They are so cute or this is the best pair. or this is the best story by *blank*! I did say that (IMO) they are a better romantic couple (In my mind and McSheppers *but I don't speak for all McSheppers*) than Rodney and Keller, in as I don't see any real chemistry Between David/Rodney and Keller/Staite. I also said Joe/David have great chemistry just as friends as well.

*but* I can see John, Teyla or Carson as a *Might Be* gay...that is just how I feel

I am just saying that in my mind a gay character would be great if they are new (Wray who is confirmed as gay) or John/Rodney (which I just like to talk about in the J/R thread.) and talking in this one as well... not the relationship part, just the *could he be and how that would effect the storyline*..

There are tons of threads that are copies and some are merged some are not *shrugs*

Comment

I don't think John and Rodney are gay, since as Vyse has said, they were seen going after women.

They could be bi, though.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I don't think John and Rodney are gay, since as Vyse has said, they were seen going after women.

They could be bi, though.
                              I agree with this, there is nothing in canon that specifically denies the possiblity that the characters are open to relationships with both sexes. Therefore we are free to speculate and see them how we please.

If we just look at "on screen chemistry" many people, YMMV, see more, as stated before, between Shep and Rodney than Rodney and Keller. Or between Kate and Teyla as opposed to Teyla and Kanaan. There was no indication that any of these characters are actually opposed to same-sex relationships, I believe John even asked Ronon about it once.

I, for one, am glad to when there is that ambiguity so that we may envision and enjoy the characters in different relationships. One reason I dislike canon ships so much.
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay I mentioned Chemistry between Joe/John and David/Rodney as an example of characters who *MIGHT* be gay/bi for the chemistry between the actors.

I didn't say OMG!! They are so cute or this is the best pair. or this is the best story by *blank*! I did say that (IMO) they are a better romantic couple (In my mind and McSheppers *but I don't speak for all McSheppers*) than Rodney and Keller, in as I don't see any real chemistry Between David/Rodney and Keller/Staite. I also said Joe/David have great chemistry just as friends as well.

*but* I can see John, Teyla or Carson as a *Might Be* gay...that is just how I feel

I am just saying that in my mind a gay character would be great if they are new (Wray who is confirmed as gay) or John/Rodney (which I just like to talk about in the J/R thread.) and talking in this one as well... not the relationship part, just the *could he be and how that would effect the storyline*..

There are tons of threads that are copies and some are merged some are not *shrugs*
                                Okay. Say I have a best friend. Said friend is male.

Am I gay?

EDIT: Or bi?

Comment

Working...
                                X