This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
    I wonder if MGM would actually continue producing the show if no American network wanted it and gave the initial broadcasting rights to SkyOne and/or that German one instead. That would be new, shows created in Canada originally for American television airing overseas first XD.

Also, I hope MGM refuses Sci-Fi syndication rights to any possible future seasons of SG-1.
    Its possible that MGM could work out a deal like BSG had the first year, with Sky kicking in money as well as an American network. But from some of the articles that have been posted, TPTB will transitition SG-1 into mini series or movies and then produce a 3rd series, perhaps the Stargate Command.
    http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...d0681d9&k=3150

I also don't see MGM not selling syndicaton rights to Sci-fi. Syndication is where the money is at. A tv series will make more in syndication than it ever would during its first run.

Comment

Ok, it will be extremely dumb for Stargate (and MGM) to cut ties with SciFi out of spite. There will no doubt be plenty of further Stargate related TV movies or mini-series on SciFi in the future.

If SG-1 goes back to Showtime, one possible advantage might be a bigger budget than what they are getting from SciFi.
      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
        Sorry it might just be me but I don't get what your saying are you saying that it is unlikely that another network will pick it up??
        Yeah, that was my unfortunately pessimistic point -- commercially speaking I think HBO and other cable outlets want to be able to say "we developed our own original programming!" so these kinds of outlets seem doubtful to me...

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
          Yeah, that was my unfortunately pessimistic point -- commercially speaking I think HBO and other cable outlets want to be able to say "we developed our own original programming!" so these kinds of outlets seem doubtful to me...

Technically, Stargate SG-1 is Showtime's original programming.
          "What is it with you and ascended women?!"

Proud member of the C.O.T.W.O.S.F.
          The Coalition Of Those Who Oppose Sci Fi (channel)

Comment

Originally posted by RedGuard
            Technically, Stargate SG-1 is Showtime's original programming.
            Right, which is why I can still hold out some hope that this rumor could happen... but I just don't think the TV biz works that way either! Still, most sci-fi shows don't go 10 seasons either so I guess anything is possible....

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000
              Maybe SG-1 can pick it back up. The president of Showtime said that he really wants it back.
              Here is my other list for networks to pick up SG-1

G4
              Discovery Channel(they do air scifi programs)
              Spike Tv
              The CW
              Lifetime
              Bravo
              Sleuth
              HBO
              MTV
              NBC
              Bravo would be the best choise

Comment

"BOW DOWN BEFORE YOUR GOD!"

Comment

read above...bravo is an NBC universal company...just like scifi
                  Stargate Omega - Moderator

Comment

While a lot of points of this thread are well made i think the problem is TIME and TIREDNESS.

from the writers who are beginning to run out of ideas, the actors needing a change(this i think is the main reason mitchell gets a lot of focus he has more energy as an actor)

Comment

G4 - Might as well be dead.
                      Discovery Channel - Ummm... no. SG-1 is too dumb for that network.
                      Spike Tv - Might as well be dead.
                      The CW - Mini Jack will come back and marry Sam.
                      Lifetime - Sam will have some serious issues with here womanhood.
                      Bravo - It's not going to be on Brave unless they get Jack to come back and have sex with Daniel.
                      Sleuth - Ummm... what?
                      HBO - Not a chance, but still the best chance.
                      MTV - HAHAHAHAHA
                      NBC - HAHAHAHAHA

This thread....

HAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by langdonboom
                        Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                          G4 - Might as well be dead.
                          Discovery Channel - Ummm... no. SG-1 is too dumb for that network.
                          Spike Tv - Might as well be dead.
                          The CW - Mini Jack will come back and marry Sam.
                          Lifetime - Sam will have some serious issues with here womanhood.
                          Bravo - It's not going to be on Brave unless they get Jack to come back and have sex with Daniel.
                          Sleuth - Ummm... what?
                          HBO - Not a chance, but still the best chance.
                          MTV - HAHAHAHAHA
                          NBC - HAHAHAHAHA

This thread....

HAHAHAHA
                          Don't you make me sad
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

SG-1 on Lifetime:

"Love Me Ori Kill You": A young widow is forced to move in with her controlling Goa'uld overlord after her husband commits suicide. A clash between the two has been brewing for years and she finds herself wanting to dive into a liquor battle to escape the false god. To make matters worse, her son has to witness the family feud. This dramatic and emotional episode will put a whole new spin on the expression "there is no place like home." If you've got family dysfunction (who doesn't?), this episode will give you hope that such rifts can be mended over time. Also, SG-1 has to defuse a bomb or the Earth explodes.

Comment

The WB and UPN are merging to become The CW. They Smallville Supernatural, and even Enterprise(...). Why not put SG-1 on free TV for a change. Larger Audience and such. The station needs new programing.

Comment

Nooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                                X