• Show
Clear All

mgm should make their own network and make other shows to put in

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabusa
      Apophis- 4/5 Seasons
      Anoubis- about 3 Seasons
      Ba'al- constant appearences
      Um, maybe its just me but Baal has only been around 5 seasons too. First time I remember him being on the show (actually being there, not mentioned) was season 5...I think the episode name is Summit.

chem

Comment

I think the two best outcomes for stargate would either be a mini series to wrap up the series or if somehow they could get on hte USA network. USA already has a sci fi night kidna thing when they show the 4400 and the dead zone, and the whole slogan of characters welcome.....the cast of stargate has some pretty good characters. plus, since USA has some popular shows such as monk, psych, the 4400, and hte dead zone, along with law and order svu and ci and wwe raw, advertising on hte network would help raise the awareness of the show.

Comment

Well, seeing as how the show has been cancelled, I doubt Apophis is going to come back.

Comment

According to this very interesting article it seems the aim is for miniseries rather than a full series 11. I can understand why they would prefer that actually. Whatever happens SG-1 has perhaps 2 seasons max left in it and they need to look to the future and other projects. A miniseries solves their problem of MS not really wanting to do another full series as obviously this will take far less of his time and will hopefully give them the scope to start looking at a 2nd spinoff. Also, it will be much easier to find a home for and finance a miniseries rather than a full one.

Some other interesting points for the article:

- A spokesman from MGM has said "MGM has a tremendous amount of confidence in Stargate, and we are vigorously working to continue the franchise"

which is excellent news for all of us who enjoy the Stargate universe as a whole.

- "We're working very hard to make sure there's a companion to Atlantis when we start back up in February," said Cooper, It's premature to make an announcement as to what that companion might be. But you know, we thought Stargate was dead in the past."

Is the companion to Atlantis more SG-1 or the possible new spinoff? At the same time though he said:

- As for saying goodbye -- well, sort of -- to their baby, Cooper says there are no hard feelings. In fact, he says there is a tiny bit of relief over not having to run two shows...."I just hope now they will realize that this will be a positive for them."

...does this mean that they intend to finish SG-1 with a miniseries and concentrate on Atlantis, perhaps leaving a potential new show to someone else?

Hopefully they'll make a decision soon and put all our minds at rest. As long as they end the series well and our beloved characters get a suitable send off then I really don't mind how they do it.
            sigpic
            by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by chemicalNova
              UNLIKE ANGEL...MAN WAS I ANNOYED WITH THE LAST EPISODE
              That was intentional you know, they knew long before that ep was written that they were cancelled.

Rob Cooper will do everything he can to get a mini series and a second spin off, but >>>IMO<<<he needs to step down and let someone else do the job, otherwise he will end up dragging the franchise down the way Braga dragged down Star Trek.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                That was intentional you know, they knew long before that ep was written that they were cancelled.
                From what I remember, they only found out half-way through filming ep 16 - Shells. Which resulted in a few months wait before they ended up filming again and finishing the series.

From what I remember reading, they wanted to end up doing a TV Movie, or a 3 part thing to finish it off, which is why they ended it the way they did. They weren't certain, but whether or not they got to do the TV Movie (which, they won't now), the ending - in their eyes - allows viewers to make their own minds up.

But anyway, my point was; personally, I hated the last episode (because I had a feeling the tv movie wasn't going to happen).

chem

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Clark
                  Why not Sky One or the BBC? They've got to see it's a huge show, the cast, crew and locations are already in place in Vancouver, so what's the problem?
                  $ky is in hock up to their eyeballs. They are still paying for all the new satellite technologies and investing in broadband. They do not commission drama series the only recent exception being paying for part of BSG and HEX. As a rule they usually buy US & Canadian programming to fill their scedules. Which starts to be a problem when all the shows they buy keep getting cancelled.

The BBC is a public service broadcaster as opposed to $ky which is a subscription channel. What that means is in the UK if you have a tv you have to pay for a tv licence each year - it's currently £100+, generally goes up every couple of years. All of that moneygoes to the BBC to pay for its programming - 8 tv channels, 9 national radio stations, 100 or so local radio stations, website. The BBC has to account for how it spends every single penny of it's licence fee payers money.

As I understand it sci-fi was spending $15 million on 20 hours of programming. Which works out at about £7.92 million, and £390,067 per hour. The average cost of programming for the flag ship channel BBC1 is around £100,000 per hour. So this would be four times as expensive. The beeb would have a hard time justifying a spending that kind of money on a program that only attracts a teeny minority audience on Channel 4. Also the beeb doesn't seem to be that keen on sci-fi programs either. Most of them have been shunted onto BBC 2 at 6pm. BBC 2 has less than half the budget of BBC 1 so it would be even harder to justify spending the money on Stargate.

So I wouldn't look to the UK to be picking this up.

Comment

They should not have a mini-series, but rather a full 20-episode season.

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod

Rob Cooper will do everything he can to get a mini series and a second spin off, but >>>IMO<<<he needs to step down and let someone else do the job, otherwise he will end up dragging the franchise down the way Braga dragged down Star Trek.
                      Personally, I loved the ending of Angel. I think his individual story was to big to jsut end like that. I like that you could believe that they went out fighting the good fight.

SG-1 is a very different show though and wouldn't suit such an ending. I don't think they necessarily need to tell you what the team did for the rest of their lives though - especially if it leaves it open for future shows or guest appearances.

From what Rob was saying they may be considering stepping down slightly. He said he was relieve not to be running two shows anymore so why would he want to start doing it again with a brand new show? I would be happy for them to concentrate on Atlantis and let someone else look at a new show. It's okay if people like directors, prop makers, stunt guys etc work on both shows (after all they are the same universe) but I think it's a detriment to both shows if the writers and producers are trying to do too much.
                      sigpic
                      by Kaaatie

Comment

I wonder if they are planning a new series, that would pick up right where SG-1 leaves off? Sort of like they had wanted to do in the first place? Maybe call it Stargate: Command? That way, the story of Stargate wouldn't be just stuck in the Pegasus Galaxy. It'd be great if they could bring all, or many of the principle actors of SG-1 back. Especially so, if they could bring back RDA! I heard that it was because his daughter told him that she didn't mind if he went back to work, that he's been back in Stargate as much as he has recently, and in future episodes. I think that's great! I could really be happy with something like I described above. If I knew that was what we'd get then I could let SG-1 go.

Until I hear something like that confirmed though, I think I'll just keep fighting to save SG-1. I don't think it would be right for the Stargate story to be exclusively in Pegasus, and not in our own galaxy. I like Atlantis, but knowing the going's on back home, make that show easier to watch. I think that if they didn't do something like above, I'd want them to actually fly Atlantis back to Earth or something. No offense to the Pegasus residents... I actually had a cool thought about how they might do that, kick the Ori's butts, and still stay in Pegasus too.

Short version: Atlantis team finds an Ancient Military Industrial Complex, with several dozen Aurora-class ships, a few Ancient Carrier type ships, hundreds of Ancient fighter craft and Puddlejumpers, a drone manufacturing facility, beam weapon manufacturing, and dozens of ZPM's.

They refit 3/4's of the ships with Intergalactic hyperdrives, and send them to the Milky Way for Earth to use to kick the Ori's butts. When they get near to the end of the SG: Atlantis run, they could send the newly full powered Atlantis back to Earth for the first time in some 3 Million years. The Atlantis Expedition then could move its base of operations to the Military Industrial Complex in Pegasus, to keep it running to provide Earth with fresh military supplies, enabling them to replenish the drones in Atlantis, and the Outpost in Antartica.

LOL... Yeah... I know. WAY too convienent. *sigh* Well, it would work to wrap things up quickly right?? Oh well...
                        The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Can anybody think of a way that they can wrap up the Ori arc in Season 10?

Comment

I like the idea of a mini series.

I think cutting out the pointless filler episodes and working on the main story line and putting them into something like 3 three hour episodes would work well. Not every SG1 episode revolves around the Ori and doing something like that would help boost ratings. Enterprise did 3 part episodes for it's final season and it worked out to be the best season yet so I think SG1 could do the same and come out on top.

It would also give us the opportunity to bring back people like RDA, Jonas, Hammond, as these mini series episodes could be focused on one overall issue (like the farscape mini) or be done somewhat like enterprise with everything being different. Plus it could help them as more money would be available for the mini series.

sigpic

Comment

Chances are it will end with a victory against a big threat so the day will be saved thus eliminating the need for a cliffhanger.

I also don't believe the PTBs would end the show like that without knowing for 100% they have a method of completing it so I wouldn't expect a cliffhanger.

sigpic

Comment

The ancients could get bored pissing off people and decide to piss the Ori off instead...cue huge battle of glowing jellyfishes vs. pasty grey guys. And throw in a huge space battle, a sudden death and voila.

sorry...in a ratty mood
                                sigpic
                                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
                                X