• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually the pilot was shot in 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      if showtime picks stargate back up ....then i won't be able to see it
      Just have to say the 'Unemployed are the Ori' in your sig made me lmao. I think maybe hysteria is setting in but the vision of all these Ori/Priors in the job centre is definitely amusing...
      sigpic
      by Kaaatie

Comment

Showtime would be the best network to pick up the show. If you don't subscribe to Showtime, you could always subscribe or buy the eps off of iTunes. I think Showtime would be stupid not to pick it up. They want more original programing to compete with HBO. They get SG-1 for season 11 and then get SGA for season 5. Boy, that would be a great lineup without commercials.

On a side note I am pissed that I have to support NBC. Huge NFL fan that doesn't miss primetime games. What channel now has Sunday Night Football, that's right NBC. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

If Showtime does pick up Stargate again (which I really doubt will happen) maybe they could bring back Jeremiah and run the two shows back to back like the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by lilslim142000
            Maybe SG-1 can pick it back up. The president of Showtime said that he really wants it back.
            Here is my other list for networks to pick up SG-1

G4
            Discovery Channel(they do air scifi programs)
            Spike Tv
            The CW
            Lifetime
            Bravo
            Sleuth
            HBO
            MTV
            NBC
            No broadcast network will want SG-1, so count out NBC and CW. Bravo is owned by NBC universal as is sci-fi so I'd count that one out.

Showtime is a possiblity but I keep seeing people posting that the President of Showtime wants SG-1 back but I've never seen anyone post a link with the President saying that so I can't take that at face value.

Lifetime, SG-1 wouldn't fit with their demographics.

I've never heard of Sleuth but that just means my cable company doesn't carry it.

MTV, no thanks they'd probably try to turn it into the real world.

Only channels I could see, G4 or Spike TV, pull in the male demographics that the channels are courting.

Comment

I'll buy what ever channel I have to get get new episodes.
              ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                If Showtime does pick up Stargate again (which I really doubt will happen) maybe they could bring back Jeremiah and run the two shows back to back like the old days.
                Now thats really wishful thinking right there. I think its a good possibility for Showtime to pick SG-1 up again.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22
                  Just have to say the 'Unemployed are the Ori' in your sig made me lmao. I think maybe hysteria is setting in but the vision of all these Ori/Priors in the job centre is definitely amusing...
                  give me a job or be made unto dust
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

If show time picked it up, wow, talk about your blast from the past. SG-1 w/o comercials, ah the memories.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22
                      I can perhaps see them taking it back because it may increase their number of subcriptions which, in the end is likely more important to them than the actual ratings as such. I'm sure there are a fair few fans who would get Showtime just to watch SG-1 and it is unlikely to make any unsubscribe. It's just a matter of if they think the increased revenue is worth the cost of the show.
                      I know I would seriously consider getting Showtime if they took it back.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by VLADMIRE
                        Showtime would be the best network to pick up the show. If you don't subscribe to Showtime, you could always subscribe or buy the eps off of iTunes. I think Showtime would be stupid not to pick it up. They want more original programing to compete with HBO. They get SG-1 for season 11 and then get SGA for season 5. Boy, that would be a great lineup without commercials.

On a side note I am pissed that I have to support NBC. Huge NFL fan that doesn't miss primetime games. What channel now has Sunday Night Football, that's right NBC. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.
                        Screw the NFL, the NBA is a faster paced more exciting game anyway. And you dont have to wait all year for 16 piss ant games you get 82.
                        SG-1 Rocks!!

Comment

Been looking around the net for TV network information, I'd say some of the Networks in the UK (Sky-One) are considering aswell as a TV/cable station based in germany.

Still can't work out why the Discovery Channel would want to air Sg-1? or MTV for that matter unless Steve Erwin wants to be apart of Sg-1. HEhe

I just brought some Sg-1 related props of QVC, still i'm amused now, I do hope Showtime does pick up where scifi dropped the show, I also hope they can take Atlantis aswell, or scripts will have to be changed for the crossovers we all wanted to see..

Comment

Originally posted by Arative
                            No broadcast network will want SG-1, so count out NBC and CW. Bravo is owned by NBC universal as is sci-fi so I'd count that one out.

Showtime is a possiblity but I keep seeing people posting that the President of Showtime wants SG-1 back but I've never seen anyone post a link with the President saying that so I can't take that at face value.

Lifetime, SG-1 wouldn't fit with their demographics.

I've never heard of Sleuth but that just means my cable company doesn't carry it.

MTV, no thanks they'd probably try to turn it into the real world.

Only channels I could see, G4 or Spike TV, pull in the male demographics that the channels are courting.
                            I would love for TNT to pick it up. Put it with Monk. Plus, TNT is in HD. woo hoo! lol.

I have no clue what/who owns TNT. I'm just thinking out loud.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I've seen the USA Scifi channel, its as bad as the one we have in the UK, and I do think they tend to re-run programs to death, if you seen it once, why would you wanna watch the same things over and over, no wonder the ratings are going down hill.

I don't think there is enough on either scifi channel at the moo for any pro-longed interest through out the day, apart from jugging prime time shows..

They have really made a bad move this time.. and I hope showtime picks up the show and Atlantis aswell thinking about it, because that will be the next show Scifi will axe..

Comment

HBO would be SG-1's best shot. their shows are always top of the line in every possible category. TPTB @ HBO know how to do primetime dramas correctly and powerfully... showtime would be great, sending SG-1 back to its home, but HBO i think would propel SG-1 to the next level of greatness...
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                                Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X