This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SnoggingPicard
    "Hathor" is probably the best that you'll be able to do for Sg-1 since it does have both Carter and Frasier in really great roles. Vala...I don't know. I'm not a fan of her at all, so I don't even pay attention when she's on screen half the time. Maybe it was her lounging about the infirmary in her lingerie that turned me off...anyway, I'm not sure what you'd do for her.

For Atlantis, I think I'd have to go with "The Gift" or "Suspicion". "The Gift" is a wonderful, wonderful episode for Teyla and like someone mentioned earlier, it does have okay Weir stuff as well -- the difficult decisions she has to make regarding Atlantis and those under her, her interactions with Shep and Teyla. You're right, it's hard to get the two of these together in an episode that does both of them justice. I know you don't like "Suspicion", but that might be your best bet. I think one of the reasons that it isn't my favorite as well is just because it is such an early show and the characters aren't as well-developed yet. Also, Weir's interaction with Bates got under my skin a bit, but that does have Weir and Teyla directly interacting -- quite rare for the series.
    argh! You nailed exactly why I didn't like 'Suspicion.' Looking back at it, it doesn't feel quite right in terms of character voice and development. I know, for specifically Teyla and Weir interaction, it's a good example, but I rather show a good episode that will catch some interest in my class, than one that serves the purpose of 'Females interacting together.'

I loved the Gift, but I'm avoiding that episode for the same reasons I'm avoiding 'Before I Sleep.' It focuses too much on one character, and I want (perhaps unrealistically) an episode that has good roles for both of them. Maybe I have to rewatch the Gift and focus on Weir for a change, because I cleary think only about Teyla in regards to that ep. I don't remember Weir much at all in the 'Gift,' even with her 'leadership-decision-making' scenes. I was too busy soaking up Teyla.

Perhaps I should splice two episodes together? The Gift and Before I Sleep? Get the best of both worlds by just highlighting the main points. Tricky!!! Hmmm . . . until then, keep the suggestions coming!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
    I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
    Spoiler:
    Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
      argh! You nailed exactly why I didn't like 'Suspicion.' Looking back at it, it doesn't feel quite right in terms of character voice and development. I know, for specifically Teyla and Weir interaction, it's a good example, but I rather show a good episode that will catch some interest in my class, than one that serves the purpose of 'Females interacting together.'

I loved the Gift, but I'm avoiding that episode for the same reasons I'm avoiding 'Before I Sleep.' It focuses too much on one character, and I want (perhaps unrealistically) an episode that has good roles for both of them. Maybe I have to rewatch the Gift and focus on Weir for a change, because I cleary think only about Teyla in regards to that ep. I don't remember Weir much at all in the 'Gift,' even with her 'leadership-decision-making' scenes. I was too busy soaking up Teyla.

Perhaps I should splice two episodes together? The Gift and Before I Sleep? Get the best of both worlds by just highlighting the main points. Tricky!!! Hmmm . . . until then, keep the suggestions coming!
      That was actually my next suggestion. Maybe show the best fifteen to twenty minutes of each character from two separate episodes. It's not perfect, but you'll really be able to pick and choose what sorts of things you want to show the class.

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Working...
      X