Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dosed150
    you do realise the federation in star trek have mastered the use of zero point energy (think quantum torpodoes) and ancients didnt have warships the federation now do do so i think a federation ship could beat an ancient ship an by that also any of the other ships youve mentioned
    They have zero point torpedos?

Arcturus!

<rocks back and forth in his chair, thinking about that poor Solar System>
    sigpic

Comment

Ancients Vs Star Trek = Ancient
      Earth ships Vs Star Trek = Star Trek
      Goa'uld Vs Star Trek = Star Trek
      Wraith Vs Star Trek = Wraith
      Ori Vs Star Trek = Ori
      Asgard Vs Star Trek = Asgard
      Tollan Vs Star Trek = Tollan
      Nox Vs Star Trek = N/A (Nox don't fight, but they do cloak)
      Foothold Aliens Vs Star Trek = Star Trek

Comment

Well... I don't know about the torpedo analogy, but still... the Defiant has to count for something. Besides, quantum torpedoes are so much more powerful.
        'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Replicators VS Trek=Replicators

Ori Vs Trek= Ori

Tauri Vs Trek=Trek

Asgard VS Trek=Asgard

Tollan Vs Trek=Trek

http://s13.invisionfree.com/Stargate...ex.php?act=idx
          ^ Stargate Roleplay ^

Comment

Now, now, i think both sides will make peace!

Comment

ok, so Syrn, why do you think that? i'm not accusing, just asking because i'm curious.
              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Stargate vs.Trek = Stargate.

9 years and going.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Eh, Perhaps, but if you want to get down to sheer numbers of how long those 2 franchises have been around, Trek has Stargate beat hands down, First Shows in 1967 and Enterprises last episode was May 2005, my count bring that to 38 years of kicking Alpha, Delta, Beta and Gamma Quadrant Arse.

Now I am not putting down the potential of the SG universe kicking ass and taking names later. But when it comes down to Tachticle, number, experience, Technology and power. Trek wins hands down.
                  Now to mention some of the very crewel races in the ST universe, Herogen, Bork, Romulans, Breen, Kazan and not to mention Section 31 (A rogue underground division of starfleet)

So lets throw a twist into this Thread.

The Mirror Universe Trek VS Stargate Universe.
                  For referance here are the links to the appropriate Episode if you don't know what I am talking about.

TOS Episode 02x04 Mirror, Mirror
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ode/68738.html

DS9 Episode 02x23 Crossover
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ode/68168.html

DS9 Episode 04x19 Shattered Mirror
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ode/68902.html

DS9 Episode 06x08 Resurrection
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...ode/71453.html

DS9 Episode 07x12 The Emperor's New Cloak
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...de/104465.html

Enterprise Episode 04x18 and 04x19 In the Mirror, Darkly Part 1 and 2and
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...sode/9440.html
                  http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...sode/9515.html

Now when it comes to that mix, Starfleet has that as well, the humans in the Mirror universe are 10x more crewle, Just imagine the 3rd Richt in space.

Comment

Goa'uld vs. Star Trek------Star Trek
                    In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

Goa'uld vs. Star Trek------Star Trek
                      Asgard vs. Star Trek-------even match
                      Wraith vs. Star Trek-------- Star Trek

I think Voyager would be a key ship in the battles
                      In the middle of my backswing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LORD MONK
                        Stargate vs.Trek = Stargate.

9 years and going.
                        Err......Star Trek 28 years/seasons....11 movies.

Comment

Stargate's emphahsis is on the gate whereas Trek's emphahsis is on the ships themselves and space exploration. This means that when it comes to space battles Trek would have the overall advantage. Most of the races encountered in Stargate aren't even space fairing, but virtually all the species met in Star Trek are warp capable with the exception of a few. This means there is a huge selection of ships available from the Trek universe, and a somewhat limited choice from Stargate, but since it's TREK vs GATE that means everything is available.

Wraith vs Trek - Trek. It was predicted that the Wraith may have approx 60 hive ships in Atlantis' part of Pegasus. So people may think the Wraith have the advantage of numbers.Yet in the DS9 episode "Sacrifice of Angels" and "Favour the bold" the combined Dominion and Cardassian fleet had 1200 ships and the Federation alone had about 600. Now these are just from 3 races, You still have the Klingons and the Romulans who are the other supowerpowers of the Beta quadrant. I won't even add the other races such as the Borg, 8472 or the alien race from Voyager ep "The Swarm" (I'll let you guess why that ep was called the swarm). I don't rememeber entirely correctly but I think Wraith ships must stop along routes to change course and to feed so this is obviously a disadvantage for them, even the Daedalus was able to capitalise on this and destroy a couple of their ships. Trek ships can simply beam torpedos into Wraith ships, failing that like the Daedalus, then the Jem'Hadar can do their suicide runs that would cause some damage.

Goa'uld vs Trek - Trek. TBH i don't really know that much about Goa'uld vessels, well mainly the Ha'tak motherships. According to this site (which I have to say is very good and recommend you visiting) http://www.merzo.net/ the Ha'tak is much larger than Federation vessels, even dwarfing the Galaxy class. However this does make it rather unmaneuverable, and we've seen from various eps that Ha'taks have trouble getting direct shots onto fast and agile cargo ships or fighters. The Defiant class and the much larger Sovereign are some of the most maneuverable ships the Federation have to offer and could easily outmaneuver Hat'aks. The size of the Ha'tak's does add more mass though and would be difficult to completely destroy, but there are plenty of other larger Trek vessels which aren't one offs, such as the Romulan D'deridex which is a full production Romulan warship as well as teh Jem'Hadar/Dominion super battleship seen from "Valiant". However Trek does have fighers of their own, albeit they're much larger than single cockpit ones, but are seen in "Favour the Bold".
                          Alkesh cruisers can be very maneuveable as seen from ep "Promethus unbound" when the captured alkesh made a very, very tight run around the Prommie. Again, like the Wraith, Trek has the numbers here, so even if a torpedo doesn't damage the shields like the the high yeild nukes did a continual barrage of photons, quantums and phaser fire might do the trick. As for Apophis' super mothership, it had more advanced weapons and shielding as Selmak mentioned, but it was defeated by a much smaller Replicator ship (though it must be noted Apophis' ship was already damaged from the shockwave). The Borg are the Trek equivalent of replicators but have been around much longer (I'm only assuming) and so have vast amounts of assimilated knowledge and so could probably do the same. However Goa'uld hyperdrives allow them to cross the galaxy at great speeds which gives them the advantage in space travel, except maybe the Borg.

Ancient vs Trek - Ancient This was a tough one since i have no knowledge of any Ancient or Orii ships. However the primary power source of the Ancients were ZPM's and perhaps were used to power Ancients ships. It's been mentioned that a fully charged ZPM could destroy a solar system so i'll compre Trek's power sources with this potential power. In Trek, zero-point energy was already being harnessed in the 24th century as quantum torpedoes which were replacing photons as the standard munitions onboard Federation vessels. I'm not sure but I think Plasma torpedoes used by Romulans also are on par with those of Quantums. Yet despite this Quantum torpedoes being much larger in size still cannot destory a solar system. In Trek some down to earth things are used to power their ships such as Deuterium (heavy water) so isn't ZPM style. Federation warp drives are powered by a matter/anti-matter reaction within the warp core which is pretty powerful, other races such as Romulans use artificial singularities but is still not as powerful as ZPMs. Trilithium on the other hand can destroy a solar system but not in the same manner. As described bt Startrek.com;

"Trilithium acts as a powerful nuclear inhibitor, and just a few kilograms (a few pounds) delivered into the heart of a star can generate a quantum implosion of such magnitude that it can halt all fusion reactions in the star, triggering a supernova that will eradicate the entire system"

So instead of blowing up the actual system with a single explosion trilitium will destroy a system though the shockwave a supernova creates, but i don't think Trilithium is used as a power source. Then there's the almighty Omega molecule, the closest thing the Borg have to the concept of God. It's so powerful and destructive that only Starfleet captain's are informed of it's existence so this maybe the ZPM equivalent, i'm gonna give this one to the ZPM but only becuase I don't remember much from the episode about the Omega molecule. Other forms of destruction were demonstrated by Species 8472 who were able to compltely destory, as in blow up, a planet with a mere 9 ships which transferred energy to a central ship. But it did not destory the entire system, but still is pretty impressive.

But there is one thing that has me thinking. Would the Ancients use a device used as a power source as a weapon? In Star Trek II, the Genesis torpedo was intended to teraform planets, converting dead or inoganic matter into life at the molecular level. However this device is only designed to operate on the planet scale. Spoilers But as the movie shows it was detonated inside a ship within a nebula. The result was the birth of not just a new planet but a new solar system. Impressive. But the device was kinda crooked and the planet blew up later, so... For other info on Trek weapons of mass destruction visit this link http://www.startrek.com/startrek/vie...icle/1672.html

So in terms of power sources I'd say Stargate has the advantage, the Ancient's own ZPM has, from what i can think of, outdone Trek power sources. It can blow up a solar system. Though in Trek nothing can do that, except for Trilithium and the Tox Uthat, but they're not used as power sources as the ZPM is.

However in terms of ships, since we've yet to seen any Ancient or Orii vessels, by default the victory goes to Trek , but seriously though the Ancients must have been skilled at building ships, especially since they are inter-galactic, even their flying city was intergalactic. However in the Trek universe, the physics and storyline are different, the Galactic Barrier and the Great Barrier prevent ships from crossing over. In my "Star Trek Star Charts" book it describes both as:

"The GALACTIC BARRIER, an energy field with unpredictable neurogenic properties, surrounds the galactic disk in a roughly toroidal shape, and has prevented most attempts at exploration beyond our galaxy."

"The GREAT BARRIER is a distinct but related energy field that surrounds a spherical region about 15,000 LY (lightyears) in diameter at the galaxy's center. The Great Barrier was first traversed in 2287, but the galactic core remains largely unexplored, due to high levels of radiation and intense gravimetric flux"

In addition I doubt any Ancient ships are generational ships, so they must have been very fast in traversing the distances between the galaxies. So Ancient's win here in terms of travelling, but only against the Federation. Since this is all of Trek I think there are a few exceptions. There are other means of space travel featured in Trek, including Slip-stream which isn't as fast and not intergalactic. This leaves 2 ultimate forms of space travel. The first is the unknown method of the "Traveler". Through him the Enterprise D was able to cross the Galactic Barrier and end up on the far side of M33 otherwise known as the galaxy of Triangulum. Later the Ent-D was thrown across known space into an unkown part of the universe, presumably far far away where thoughts become reality (doesn't sound like any part of the universe I know). The second is a hyperspace-buster. Warp 10. Tom Paris' experimental test at Warp 10 made him travel at infinite speed so was occupying every single point in the universe simultaneously. spoiler This made him evolve... But anyway I doubt that this form of travel could be made into something practical, so it'd have to be the Traveler's method, but his method is to do with the mind and thought and not mechanical so the Ancient's win. But I just remembered the Borg have the upper hand here. The Borg use transwarp conduits to traverse the galaxy, and the few transwarp hubs they have scattered across the galaxy are like stargates and allow them to go anywhere within in the milky way. But the limits are still within our galaxy i think, but unlike Stargate, as you've already noticed by now Trek has many forms of travel. The Borg again used another method and somehow found a way into a part of the universe called Fluidic space, and i have no idea where that is, lol. But still it took several different methods and species to finally beat the Aniencits at space travel, so i'm still giving the victory to teh Ancients.

Asgard vs Trek - Trek. Asgard ships are cool and can hold their own against the Goa'uld. Their O'neill class ships are top of the line and were designed solely to fight the Replicators. Again i'll have to call in the Borg for this one. If the Asgard were losing to such an enemy then surely the Trek counterpart could do just aswell. Whereas Replicators only capture and seize vessels the Borg make their own huge vessels and can assimilate and use others. This means they have a huge fleet of ships. Additionally, the Borg can just assimilate an Asgard or even it's database and gain a huge amount of knowledge, not least how Asgard shields work, as well as how Asgard weapons work. So even if the Borg cannot adapt to Asgard weapons, eventually an Asgard would have been assimilated. LOL, it would be hilarious seeing an assimilated Asgard, "I am Loki of Borg, resistance is futile" LOL. Also, the Asgard cannot reproduce so there is a finite amount of Agards in circulation, so the Asgard numbers are limited to how many stored minds there are. i.e. if there are only 5 million Asgard minds then there can only be a total Asgard population of 5 million. Since the Asgard population is static the Borg would win through attrition if it were a war, unless the Borg assimilate Asgard technology and transfer those minds out of the Asgard computers.

Comment

Replicators vs Trek - Trek This will obviously be a Replicators vs Borg section cos both are the same. I'm not gonna say whose ships win yet, so i'll go into the actual species first, i know i know, it's ships vs ships but i still think its interesting to waffle on comparing the two. Both increase their numbers by assimilating other materials and knowledge. But the Borg , as Locutus put it, seek to improve the quality of life for all . yah, anyway, the Replicators are entirely mechanical, even the human form Replicators, the Borg are half mechnical and half organic. This makes the Borg... biomechanical...wow. lol, anyway being entirely mechanical has it's disadvantages and advantages as does being biomechanical. Being a replicator means you are immune from deadly gasses and coolents etc and can operate in many environments that any organic matter would simply be destroyed. However there are types of energy that will only affect mechanical systems. Being a Borg, you get "the best of both worlds" organic matter can be very strong and the human mind can store large amounts of data, but can be seseptable to certain gasses such as the coolent that wiped away the Borg Queen's skin, euugh We've seen that the Borg can assimilate both life and technology, so it's posssible a Borg could assimilate a replicator, but this is just speculation.

However being a human form replicator presents a different matter. The Borg simply use brute force to assimilate others and assimilate their knowledge and technology. But a human form replicator allows you to easily infiltrate other races and work your way to the top or to others' trust such as Replcarter did. But that ep also showed one flaw in the Replicators, their organisation. With the Borg it's simple, everyone is part of a collective consciousness with the Queen at the top. So one mind, one purpose. However Replicator showed that the human form replicators are too indivualistic and civil conflicts can happen. How can you fight an enemy when the closest enemy is your ally?

Now, onto the ships, we've seen how large and powerfulBorg vessels can be, however the replicator ship that was about to be sucked into a Black hole managed to fly out of it's singularity which is really impressive but it was still destroyed by several O'neill class ships, but the Borg have shields and could adapt to any replicator weapons eventually. If the Borg vessel were to be damaged then it would be able to regenerate, but i believe Replicators can do the same. The Asgard were losing because they lost the ability to think of creactive ways fo destorying Replicators, byt the Borg would have a hufe amount of battle experience from many ways nad would be able to adapt themselves to a suitable way of fighting Replicators. So the Borg would at the very least fight the replicators to a stalemate, and also i'm just using the Borg, thre' still plenty of other species such as the Founders. Since replicators don't discharge energy weapons (or I forgot) and just simply attack using their limbs, a Changling would simply be immume from such attacks and could destroy the ship from within or something. Or Jem'hadar attack ships would simply do a kamikaze and ram the Replicator ship like they did when they started losing the war with the Federation. I'm getting bored now and i'm gonna end this fight early.

Ascended vs Q Continium - Continium Not really a ship fight but i still wanted to do it. Ascended beings are very powerful, they have powers and stuff ... but the Q are truely god-like. They can appear virtually anywhere in the universe with the snap of their fingers. But the Ascended, their laws prevent them from doing anything in teh lower plane of existence, so we've yet to see their true powers. But they obviously can't be that powerful otherwise individuals would go rampant and do whatever they wanted without fear of punishment so their powers lie in their collectiveness. Q (delancie, not the Continium) however did many things that he felt like doing, though he was punished a few times himself but he did not fear punishment. Q can even manipulate time itself, and isn't arrogant to the point of being a god like the Orii, and he has a thing called charisma. So the Q Continium wins it by clicking their fingers and making all the ascended dissapear.

So there we are, i've attempted to explain why I chose who would win unlike some people on this thread. I love Trek AND Gate but Trek virtually wins it all, but only becuase the Trek universe itself is too big for Stargate to take on, I could have done: Goa'uld vs Starfleet; Goa'uld vs klingons; Goa'uld vs Romulans etc. you get the idea. Also I've yet to mention all the fighting maneuvers like the Picard maneuvure, warping right infront of an enemy creating an image to two ships for a short time, or even time travel capabilities which Trek seems to have mastered such as the USS Relativity. Which brings me onto another point, trek spans several time periods, the 23rd century, 24th, 29th and even 30th. I could have added Transphasic torpedos which would have destroyed ANY (well again i presume any) Stargate ship. I havn't even mentioned rare trek things like V'Ger which could probably take on the entire Stargate universe single handedly or the Whale probe which seems to disrupt all form of power. Maybe when Stargate has 4 series' then it may have a big enough library to fight Trek with.

EDIT: Oh btw just wanted to say 98% of this was done from my own memory lol, and please excuse me for any inconsistencies, as you can see it's a long post and I might have lost my conentration at one point or another.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                              Goa'uld Ha'taks can travel at 32,000 times the speed of light and they can easily withstand a gigaton nuke, 15 times the yield of a photo torpedo.
                              where are you getting your facts? lol
                              that one was modified by replicators they said that a Ha`tak could travel around 30x the speed of light which is like warp 2.3. Star Trek world is took awhile to travel places but in SG1 SGA world it takes seconds/minutes. In reality The speed of light lets see. It takes 8 minutes for light from the sun to hit earth. and thats in a solar system alone. Think about it the next closest STAR is 40 Light years. 40 light years. Alpha Centari. a light year is the distance light travels in a year. I don't know the numbers, but Warp is a factor of light speed ie. Warp 1 is 1x speed of light warp 2 10x warp 3 100x all the way to 10 which is infinate. Anyhow. That means the asguard ships need to travel soooooooooooooo (like 100k x speed of light) fast to get from their home galaxy which is in the galaxy of Ida "s2e15 fifth race" anyhow Pegasus is even farther away since it takes 18 days for the Daedalus to make a trip from Earth to Atlantis. You just can't make the comparison between Star Fleet ships and SG1/A series ships.. Its like compairing BET and MTV
                              O'Neill Oohh yah!! That'll play.
                              O'Neill How far is alaris anyway?
                              Teal'c Several billion miles O'Neill.
                              O'Neill That's gotta be a record.

Comment

Originally posted by Zues
                                where are you getting your facts? lol
                                that one was modified by replicators they said that a Ha`tak could travel around 30x the speed of light which is like warp 2.3. Star Trek world is took awhile to travel places but in SG1 SGA world it takes seconds/minutes. In reality The speed of light lets see. It takes 8 minutes for light from the sun to hit earth. and thats in a solar system alone. Think about it the next closest STAR is 40 Light years. 40 light years. Alpha Centari. a light year is the distance light travels in a year. I don't know the numbers, but Warp is a factor of light speed ie. Warp 1 is 1x speed of light warp 2 10x warp 3 100x all the way to 10 which is infinate. Anyhow. That means the asguard ships need to travel soooooooooooooo (like 100k x speed of light) fast to get from their home galaxy which is in the galaxy of Ida "s2e15 fifth race" anyhow Pegasus is even farther away since it takes 18 days for the Daedalus to make a trip from Earth to Atlantis. You just can't make the comparison between Star Fleet ships and SG1/A series ships.. Its like compairing BET and MTV
                                But if warp 10 is ifinite speed the why would the asgard need to go 100x light.
                                And im remember an ep from TNG and the doctor had a ship that could travel at warp 13 hmmm... i though you cant go any higher than infinite
                                The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Working...
                                X