No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did this same thread about 6 months ago....

Star Trek ships would destroy anything (except maybe the Asgard ships) we or the Goa'uld have!. But Star Trek is set hundreds of years in the future, so its not a fair asessment. It's just to damn hard to compare the two shows ships against each other.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I thought 'warp 9' was 9 times the speed of light?

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
        how??
        Interstellar drift in 2378 would be greater then in 2005
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
          I thought 'warp 9' was 9 times the speed of light?
          It's exponential.

1,500x the speed of light you say....
          Now instead of comparing star trek to the goa'uld ,lets compare it to the Asgard (din din dinnnn, din din din dinnn )
          ok voyager got stranded in a differant part of the milky way and it was gona take 75 years to get back home, hmmmm.... thats an awful long time when it takes the Asgard a couple of minutes to travel to differant galaxies, that makes star trek speeds look rubbish....
          Realistically and fairly, which is more realistic?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
            Interstellar drift in 2378 would be greater then in 2005
            It cant get all that bigger in just 300 years

Originally posted by Tezzador
            Realistically and fairly, which is more realistic?
            None of them, their just tv shows j/k
            Since i dont really like star trek, i'd have to say that SG-1 is more realistic.
            The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Starfleet VS SGC Ships = Starfleet (SGC Asgard shields are probably better than Starfleet shields but their weapons suck quite badly)

Starfleet VS Go'ould = Starfleet (I don't think the motherships would be upto beating both phasers, torpedoes and superior manevourability of Starfleet ships)

Starfleet VS Asgard = Asgard (Starfleet ships may be advanced... but they're not THAT advanced)

Starfleet VS Wraith = Starfleet (The lack of shielding on the Wraith's part makes them an easy target and I don't think "sheer numbers" will help them in this case)
              //

O'Neill: Phasers?
              Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Originally posted by Tezzador
                It's exponential
                Yeah, so in warp terms, Warp 1 is 1 time the speed of light, Warp 2 is 10 times, Warp 3 is 100 times ... 1,000, 10,000 etc. Up until Warp 10 which is infinate speed, capable of taking you anywhere in the universe in the blink of an eye.
                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Listen, we're all forgetting one minor detail in this battle.

"Who would be the good guys?"

The good guys are the ones that are going to win, hands down.
                  Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                  "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                  "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                  ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                  McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                  "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

you do realise the federation in star trek have mastered the use of zero point energy (think quantum torpodoes) and ancients didnt have warships the federation now do do so i think a federation ship could beat an ancient ship an by that also any of the other ships youve mentioned

Comment

I would put my money on those Starfleet ships that Capt. Janeway (at the end of the Voyager) series help design with "A Balde of Armour" shielding they came up with to stop anything the Borg threw at them. Not to mention those crazy energy torpedos that made swiss cheese out the cube ships. Those would take down anything we have seen so far in the SG franchise.

SPOLIERS...BEWARE...

It will be interesting to see what kind of ships we see in future SGAS episodes. Supposedly they do find some kind of mini BC type warship that the Ancients built in Atlantis in an upcoming episode this season.
                      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by Zues
                        Star trek would definately own any stargate ship I mean come on they have PHOTON TORPEDOES! PHASERS ! Highest speed is Warp 9.6 on the U.S.S NC17-D Enterprise (Jean Luc Picards ship)! Anyhow a the G'ould motherships travel at like 30x the speed of light. However Warp speed is a factor of light speed so warp 9.0 is around 1,500 times the speed of light. (thats fast!) But yah you can't compare a deathglider vs a shuttle pod lol.
                        Goa'uld Ha'taks can travel at 32,000 times the speed of light and they can easily withstand a gigaton nuke, 15 times the yield of a photo torpedo.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          Goa'uld Ha'taks can travel at 32,000 times the speed of light and they can easily withstand a gigaton nuke, 15 times the yield of a photo torpedo.
                          Thank YOU for putting star trek ships to shame when comparing them to Stargate ships
                          What is a torpedo in mega tons though

Comment

but as usual we'l find a weakness and destroy all of them
                            Not before our butts are whooped 2 dozen times...

Comment

Kirk slept with everything while the characters of SG-1 have been pretty mongomous in comparison....ohhhhhh, that kind of ship. One just never knows when he or she opens one of these threads containing the word "SHIP."

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Mattathias2.0
                                Not before our butts are whooped 2 dozen times...
                                Nah... we're the good guys we always win

They might have fancy tech but we have the advantage of... TPTB will always make us win

Comment

Working...
                                X