No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate's ship building program is in it's infancy. If it were not for donated/stolen technology, we would still be limited to visiting the moon.
    Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
    Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

I dunno, that is tough. When it comes to travel speed, anything in the SG universe wins hands down.

However, in the Trek universe, You have the Defiant Class battle ship, Intrepid Class, Sovereign Class, Prometheus class ships, and you have the Borg ships, as well as the Jem'Hadar ships, Romulan warbirds, Klingon Birds of prey, The Krenim Inperium withere that time ship (Year of hell part 1 and 2) And Species 8472.

The Defiant was made to kick Borg ass and when the 2nd Defient came out with the special sheilds to fight off the breem energy dampening weapons it was even more of a force to be wreckened with.

The Intrepid Class (Voyager) was put through it's paces in Voyager and came out in one piece, granted it had to be put back together.

Sovereign (Enterprise E) is a force to be wreckened with when it went against the Son'a , The Borg in First Contact and last but not least The Reman warbird Scimitar, Which Enterprise kicked all there asses and took names later

Then you have the Prometheus NX-59650 (From Voyager Episode "message in a bottle)that can break up into 3 ships ready to fight.

Then you have the Borg who are very much like the replicator, except for one major difference, Where as the Replicators will kill everyone and anything in there way, the borg will assimilate you and gain your knowledge, which I may add is more powerful then any weapon. And a perk they can keep up with any SG ship thanks to Transwarp conduits.

You have the Jem'Hadar who like the Jaffa work for there 'gods'. But unlike the Jaffa that will do suicide runs just to prove there loyalty. And there ships are damn tough to kill off.

Romulans, Well other then having the 'unlimited expansion' there ships are tough and large, can cloak and are very loyal.

Klingons, What can I say, they LOVE to fight, they dream of dying in battle and when they come for a fight they come in numbers. They are ruthless warriors and will take you down if they die.

The Krenim, will just erase you from time.

And Species 8472, They are involnerable to most energy weapons, when they come, they come in a swarm and over whelm you, they have weapons that can blow a planet up with out even breaking a sweat and loving it while they are at it.

I think that with Quantum Torpedos, Tri Colbolt Torpedos, Phasers, Standard Photon Torpedos, I think Startrek can kick ass all over the place EXCEPT when it comes to Asgard, but then again, the one failing with the Asgard and the Ancients is there over confidence. You have the manuverability on ST side, Regenerative shields on ST side, a HUGE power source that is standard on ST side, unless you count ZPM's, but even then the warp core can create massive amounts of energy and not take out a whole solar system if they blow up like a ZPM can.

I can't say it is a tough call. I think Star Trek would kick ass and take names later.

Comment

Star Trek ships are definitely more manuverable than Stargate ships. That could be a big advantage over Stargate ships and also Star Trek ships have a dedicated bridge crew, medical crew and engineering crew which do wonders to keep the ship running.

Comment

And it is because of those dedicated crews, the combined effort of over 200 species (United Federation of Planets, and the Borg Collective) that will keep Startrek ships ahead of the game when it comes to technology, power, size and sheer numbers.

And on top of it, you have bulk, look at the size of a Goa'uld hyperdrive compaired to the warp core, while they may be very simular in size, the warp core (except for NX-01, Enterprise) is slimmer and more capable, but far slower. But there are perks to both sides.

Comment

Since i do not watch Star Trek and who ever does should be rounded up and shot, but if there were a battle with those ships that the good guys had in Star Trek, against lets say the Prometheus, the trek guys would win just because they had more experience.

Comment

Star trek would definately own any stargate ship I mean come on they have PHOTON TORPEDOES! PHASERS ! Highest speed is Warp 9.6 on the U.S.S NC17-D Enterprise (Jean Luc Picards ship)! Anyhow a the G'ould motherships travel at like 30x the speed of light. However Warp speed is a factor of light speed so warp 9.0 is around 1,500 times the speed of light. (thats fast!) But yah you can't compare a deathglider vs a shuttle pod lol.
              O'Neill Oohh yah!! That'll play.
              O'Neill How far is alaris anyway?
              Teal'c Several billion miles O'Neill.
              O'Neill That's gotta be a record.

Comment

I haven't seen the 9th Season on SG1 yet, but if the Ori rival the Ancients would that not mean that the Ori Ships would perform similarly to the Ancients and tus whoop Trek ass?
                Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                  Even though I am I star Trek fan, this is an honest answer, considering time of development and such. Assuming this is all one on one...

Ancients Vs Star Trek = Duh, Ancient
                  More like Ancients Vs Q Continuum= Ancients are toast!!

As for ship battles:
                  Trek ships would do over Stargate rustbuckets in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Yes at the very least Q (John DeLance) could give the anchients a sense of humor. But I still say A Asgard ship would decinate ANY Startrek ship hands down. And if they can't out shoot them, there is one certainty. They can out run them like no bodies business.

Comment

Originally posted by Zues
                      Star trek would definately own any stargate ship I mean come on they have PHOTON TORPEDOES! PHASERS !
                      felger was designing a crappy looking laser thing and he compared it to a photon torpedo, and it was tiny compared to a PT,that must tell ya something about PT's .
                      Originally posted by Zues
                      Highest speed is Warp 9.6 on the U.S.S NC17-D Enterprise (Jean Luc Picards ship)! Anyhow a the G'ould motherships travel at like 30x the speed of light. However Warp speed is a factor of light speed so warp 9.0 is around 1,500 times the speed of light. (thats fast!) But yah you can't compare a deathglider vs a shuttle pod lol.
                      1,500x the speed of light you say....
                      Now instead of comparing star trek to the goa'uld ,lets compare it to the Asgard (din din dinnnn, din din din dinnn )
                      ok voyager got stranded in a differant part of the milky way and it was gona take 75 years to get back home, hmmmm.... thats an awful long time when it takes the Asgard a couple of minutes to travel to differant galaxies, that makes star trek speeds look rubbish....
                      The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                        felger was designing a crappy looking laser thing and he compared it to a photon torpedo, and it was tiny compared to a PT,that must tell ya something about PT's .

1,500x the speed of light you say....
                        Now instead of comparing star trek to the goa'uld ,lets compare it to the Asgard (din din dinnnn, din din din dinnn )
                        ok voyager got stranded in a differant part of the milky way and it was gona take 75 years to get back home, hmmmm.... thats an awful long time when it takes the Asgard a couple of minutes to travel to differant galaxies, that makes star trek speeds look rubbish....
                        They weren't in the MW they were in another part of the Universe in Trek they have 4 Quadrants of the Universe Alpha (which we are in) Gamma (were DS9 took place) Delta (were Voyager was) and I can't remember the Fourth but they def were not in the MW. and i know this because the Borg Home world (or space ) is not in the MW and they had to travel through it
                        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                        sigpic

Comment

Terk have better weapons then current earth ships, but they have a couple hundrend years on us.
                          Any one else it may be a toss up.
                          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                            They weren't in the MW they were in another part of the Universe in Trek they have 4 Quadrants of the Universe Alpha (which we are in) Gamma (were DS9 took place) Delta (were Voyager was) and I can't remember the Fourth but they def were not in the MW. and i know this because the Borg Home world (or space ) is not in the MW and they had to travel through it
                            Actually they were in the MW, they divided the milky way in 4 quadrants..

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                              Actually they were in the MW, they divided the milky way in 4 quadrants..
                              So all that means is that in the Trek world the Galaxy is bigger
                              Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffer
                                So all that means is that in the Trek world the Galaxy is bigger
                                how??

Comment

Working...
                                X