No announcement yet.

Star Trek Ships vs. Stargate Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Borg could crush the entire SG universe at once (minus MW Replicators who would be far more complicated). They have the speed and numbers to decimate the entire known SG universe it would be a curbstomp. Factor in races like Species 8472, through in some transphasic torpedoes and utter ownage is in store for SG.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

We really need a poll can somebody ask an admin to add one to this please?

Thank you

Comment

In my opinion the humans in stargate would easily defeat the trekkers. Thats because they've received the absolute latest tech from det asgaard before they commited collective suicide! Don't remember how fare the humans i star trek have come, but since the asgaard has been around for some hundred of thousands of years, and they've passed their knowledge to earth, i cant see why they would'nt kick some trekkie ass! The beam weapon would tear up any vessel in the federation fleet!

But I'm wondering about one thing: In the premiere of universe, when Icharus (?) is attacked by the lucian alliance ships, why did'nt carter blast those 2 ships away?? 2 goaul'd motherships should be an easy target for the asgaard beam weapon...? And I always thought that a wraith hive shipe was more powerful than a mothership, but what do you think?

Comment

APB were not installed or at least thats the popular explanation to that event.

And for ^@&#&@ use spell check,please

Comment

Originally posted by Guntherstyle View Post
            In my opinion the humans in stargate would easily defeat the trekkers. Thats because they've received the absolute latest tech from det asgaard before they commited collective suicide! Don't remember how fare the humans i star trek have come, but since the asgaard has been around for some hundred of thousands of years, and they've passed their knowledge to earth, i cant see why they would'nt kick some trekkie ass! The beam weapon would tear up any vessel in the federation fleet!

But I'm wondering about one thing: In the premiere of universe, when Icharus (?) is attacked by the lucian alliance ships, why did'nt carter blast those 2 ships away?? 2 goaul'd motherships should be an easy target for the asgaard beam weapon...? And I always thought that a wraith hive shipe was more powerful than a mothership, but what do you think?
            The Hammond sustained close to 10 minutes of fire from those 3 Ha'taks and was still able to escape, 3 Hive ships crippled the Phoenix (same ship in 'The Last Man') in about a minute. Hive ships are far superior to Goa'uld motherships, Cruisers and Ha'taks are probably comparable but the Cruiser has the edge in firepower.

SG would defeat the Federation and other similar level ST powers (due to speed mostly) but no one in SG could defeat the Borg. No one. I can back it up if someone disagrees.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

SG would defeat the Federation and other similar level ST powers (due to speed mostly) but no one in SG could defeat the Borg. No one. I can back it up if someone disagrees.
              Replicators with a little RepliCarter help could do it upfront. .

The most likely way it is going to go down is that SG-1 finds the 'Deux Ex Machina' of the week and somehow finish all the borg in a dramatic season finally episode and win . Until some group somewhere survived and need another plot device to beat them or they have a anti-borg weapon by then

Or just bust out the Atterro device and jam all things borg in the galaxy and pick them off while they lost all/most mean of FTL and probably their subspace link as well and if they adapt or change drives/frequencies jam all of subspace make it as the whole galaxy is omega partified(except you) and exterminate them.

Comment

I think the Startrek ships would have the advantage against everyone but the Ancients Asguard and maybe the replicators. Replicators are a maybe since their resistent to energy weapons and would most likely try and take over the ST ships. The Ori ships, is questionable since they were mostly controlled by the prior's / Adria. Another thing that would give ST an advantage is their numbers and firepower. Keep in mind the ST universe is a united federation of planets. Where as SG universe (not to be confused with the show) everyones kinda on their own, except the few asguard appointee's that were there to help with hyperdrive tech.

Now the Borg would probably have the advantage over nearly everyone but maybe the asguard and ancients. As far as Borg vs Replicators, the SG1 replicators might even up as a stalemate, with a possible advantage to the replicators.

The only advantage the SG ships would have is the intergalactic hyperdrives that'd enable them to outrun the ST ships. lol

And its hard to say which is more powerful the Q continuum or the Ascended Ancients / Ori since neither of the latter overtly interferred with the lower planes to a great extent (aside from the ori giving powers to the priors, giving ascended knowledge to their followers, and getting vala pregnent with adria) Q on the other hand has no problem interfering. X'D

Comment

Necrooooooo!

Comment

Replicators would beat pretty much every major Star Trek race like Dominion, Borg, Romulans, Klingons, Federation because they can take their tech and improve on it.

Every other race including the Ancients and the Asgard would find it tough to compete, shields in stargate get pushed hard when entering the atmosphere of a planet and the explosive yield of a nuke is still significent, in Star Trek a nuke is the equivilent of a water pistol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post
                      Replicators would beat pretty much every major Star Trek race like Dominion, Borg, Romulans, Klingons, Federation because they can take their tech and improve on it.
                      So can the borg

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                        [B]

So can the borg
                        I wouldn't say the Borg really improve on what they assimilate, the advanced drone created from the doctor's mobile emitter is a better example in Star Trek of what the replicators are able to do with the technology they get.

Comment

The replicators were able to improve on technology massively. They managed to make a Goa'uld mother-ship quick enough to cross from one galaxy to the other faster, it seemed, than even an Asgard hyper drive powered by a ZPM could manage. I think the Replicators would win, providing the Star Trek species they were battling didn't get there hands on the Ancient tech required to destroy them. Even then, don't take them out all at once and they will find a way to adapt. I loved the Replicators (at first, I did feel that they milked them a bit towards the end with the Asurans and AoT)

Comment

Originally posted by Sami_ View Post

Every other race including the Ancients and the Asgard would find it tough to compete, shields in stargate get pushed hard when entering the atmosphere of a planet and the explosive yield of a nuke is still significent, in Star Trek a nuke is the equivilent of a water pistol.
                            I think it's very difficult, if not impossible to calculate. A Hatak has been displayed as one of the weakest vessels at some points in the show. Yet in Enemies it was able to sit in the corona of a star. There was an episode of TNG that showed that a special type of metaphasic shielding was required for Federation ships to enter a stars corona, and it was dangerous.

There are different examples which tend to contradict each other, and anyone can choose the best from their favorite franchise and the worst from the other to try and make their point.

Comment

First of all there are way too many different variables on both franchises however comparison is possible to see who would win. We just have to compare offensive and defensive powers of the ships. I don't know much of the star trek ships besides movie so here goes my SG-1 ships. Lets make 2 alliences. Stargate and Startrek one to see which allience would have more powerful ships.

Stargate alliance:

Auroras(both ancient ones and pegasus replicator ones):
                              Offensive power: Extremely high. Drones WTF pwn pretty badly.
                              Defensive power: Extremely high. Can withstand enormous heat, radiation and gravitational forces of black hole.
                              Rate of production: Average. I assume that ancients could produce Auroras at the same rate as Pegasus replicators.
                              Power plant: ZPM

Conclusion: Combining near of infinitive power supply, shields powered by ZPM and drone technology this ships would take any Star Trek ship 1-1 easily. Also don't forget good rate of production which makes it even more powerful.

--//--

Ori:
                              Offensive power: Extremely high.
                              Defensive power: Extremely high.
                              Rate of production: Low/average.
                              Power plant: ZPM

Conclusion: Very same as for auroras, extreme power source with exteme shields makes this ship one of the meanest destroyers on the field. Even though production is fairly low other stats makes up for it.

--//--

O'Neill:
                              Offensive power: Extremely high. I mean those LAZERS just slice everything like hot knife butter.
                              Defensive power: Very high. Shields prolly wasn't as advanced as ancients but I say it's close call.
                              Rate of production: Low/Moderate.
                              Power plant: Asgard Power Core (2nd power source after ZPM)

Conclusion: Combines extreme offensive power with high defenses. Very bad ass indeed.

--//--

Ha'tak:
                              Offensive power: Moderate
                              Defensive power: Moderate/high. They can also withstand bad ass forces of our galaxy.
                              Rate of production: High. Share numbers also matters a lot so this puts these vessels as very powerful too.
                              Power plant: Naquadria generator (prolly)

Conclusion: Even though it has just moderate stats but the share numbers alone makes a big difference.

--//--

Replicators Milky way:
                              Offensive power: Moderate.
                              Defensive power: Moderate.
                              Rate of production: Extremely high. Same rule as for Ghoulds applies once we talk about share numbers.
                              Power plant: Asgard Power Core

Conclusion: They have more advantages than the share stats as they can disable enemy ships from inside very easily. They are like a virus.

--//--

Earth Prometheus:
                              Offensive power: Low. Rail guns and missiles for space battles are very very low tech.
                              Defensive power: Low/moderate.
                              Rate of production: Extremely low
                              Power plant: Naquadria generator

Conclusion: Very low tech ship compared to other alliance ships. Would have hard time on battle field.

--//--

Earth 304:
                              Offensive power: Extremely high. We making popcorns with LAZZZZERS.
                              Defensive power: Very high. Asgard shields rocks ass.
                              Rate of production: Very low.
                              Power plant: Asgard power core/ZPM.

Conclusion: It's a very powerful ship combining many powerful technologies which makes it 1-1 combat beast.

Battle tactics: Having 4 mother ships of extreme power(auroras, ori, o-neill and 304's) combined with share number of hataks and replicator ships I think we have overall advantage. Hataks and replicators would server as meat shields for workhorses: auroas, ori, oneill and 304's. Furthermore auroras drones can take on multiple targets not to mention that hatak's + 304's can launch multiple smaller vessels inti attack. Also I never mentioned the mobility of each of these vessels. They can easily jump to hyperspace avoiding destruction. Even if the battle would be lost but to repair the ship is easier than to make new one.

Now if any1 could make Star Trek alliance.

P.S. Even though I don't know much of the Star Trek ships but just looking at stargate's defensive power which are further boosted by extreme power sources I'd say Star Trek stands close to nothing beating Stargate fleet. Ships like Auroras/Ori/Asgard/304'a combines extreme attack capability at the same time maintaining extreme defense. This is very Over Power if you ask me which (at least from movie) star trek can't be proud of.
                              Last edited by Arwis; 12 July 2010, 02:10 AM.
                              The cake is a lie...

Comment

Actually the power cores of ships in Star Trek are far more powerful than the Asgard power cores.

Thor stated:

The Biliskner is powered by four neutrino-ion generators. In your Earth units of measurement, each engine outputs a maximum of one billion kilojoules.
                                So unless the Asgard have increased the output of their power supply by a factor of 3,000,000 since the Biliskner was created they aren't getting anywhere close to the output of even the Enterprise-D which Data states as being:

We are presently generating twelve point seven-five billion gigawatts per second
                                This is just when the ship is idling in planetary orbit and probably doesn't even approach a maximum number.

We don't have any real numbers for ZPM output and it has been hotly debated in the past how to even get a realistic estimate.

I appreciate your classifications of Low, Moderate, Extremely High etc.. but I'd prefer some real numbers and evidence.
                                Last edited by Sami_; 12 July 2010, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X