Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    Maybe Browder can play Grampa Nick, who has had the years taken off of him by the giiiiant aaaliens.

Now that would be really weird.

Okay, how about this? Browder's character is the Harsesis. He's figured out how to turn the nanites back on to age himself again. However, by doing so, he's gone dark-side. Hey, who said, BB's character had to be a good guy? Maybe he's a baddie.

SueS

Comment

Maybe Browder can play Grampa Nick, who has had the years taken off of him by the giiiiant aaaliens.
      ooooh excellent idea Shad! I like it
      sigpic

Comment

Grampa was right he must have found the fountain of youth after all.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
          Hmmm. I could've sworn I'd answered all of the questions. Sorry. This year was such a whirlwind of work that I don't even remember. If you have questions, ask away and I'll answer now that I have some free time.

Joe
          Do you know who/what Ben Browder will play on the show? Will he be in all 20 episodes? Is he going to be a major character and part of SG-1? Are we going to have any stories with mythology and exploration in them? Any chance of Daniel being less of a gun-toting military guy and more of the brilliant liguist/archaeologist he used to be? How about those Furlings? Nick? Aris Boch?

Do I want to know everything about S9? Yes

Will you be at any of the US Creation Cons in 2005?

Thanks, Joe.

Dana Jeanne
          Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

All: Please remember not to bandy about ideas for the show or Ben's character in this thread. It makes it legally sticky for Joe to even be able to read the thread.

Thanks!
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
              All: Please remember not to bandy about ideas for the show or Ben's character in this thread. It makes it legally sticky for Joe to even be able to read the thread.

Thanks!
              Any chance those posts could be moved to one of the "Ben Browder" threads just in case? I wouldn't want Joe to feel uncomfortable coming here.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I was being sarcastic, Darren. It was the second silliest idea I could come up with, the first involving Poochinski being transformed into a human. Although I guess I'd better not give Joe ideas about THAT either.

It's hard to think up questions Joe might actually be able to answer.

Any chance of McKay meeting up with Carter again? Rodney can do better than Sam, but whatever. They've both changed a lot. Might be interesting to see.

Comment

Joe; I was wondering if you had ever had this experience of being so involved with two shows at the same time and how was it?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    Also how much influence does your wife hold over you and how can we tell her what we want (JK) Have we told her how great she looks in your DVD commentaries
                    Hey, Figured you have to work every angle!! LOL

Ok seriously, With the announcement of a Season 9 - how many changes did you have to make to the ending of SG1 What about SG Atlantis? or were you expecting SG Atlantis to be renewed and filmed accordingly?
                    We planned the Atlantis finale (The Siege I and II) as a season finale rather than a series finale because we're generally positive people. As for the SG-1 finale - to be honest, Reckoning I and II, Threads, and Moebius I and II would make excellent series finales. At the time the scripts were being written (and, later, the episdoes produced), we had no idea whether SG-1 would be back or not, but we were satisfied with what would be a terrific series ender. The last half of SG-1 season 8 offer some huge surprises, adventure, and great character development. Fans of the show are in for a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                      Joe, I noticed that you and Paul were credited as Executive Producers at the end of 'Gemini'. Are you officially show-runners now?
                      No. Rob and Brad remain showrunners of both SG-1 and Atlantis respectively. As Exec Producers, however, Paul and I do run almost half the SG-1 episodes and get to cut in line when catering serves dessert.

Comment

Hey JM! Sorry if this has been asked before, but how much interaction have the two casts had together, so far? I know that SGA thinks that SG1 is really friendly, and all that, but has there been a lot of interaction between the two? I'd imagine it'd be pretty difficult for the two casts NOT to interact, right?

Comment

Thanks for coming out and answering the fans' questions! Okay here's my little query:

Do you have any scientific advisers or actual scientists working for you guys who provide input on the technical ideas presented on the show? Several sci-fi based shows and movies have academic-type advisers, and even the creator of Futurama (though that show can't really be compared to SG-1 very well. ) has a Ph.D. in math or applied math or something along those lines.

I'm just asking because I'm interested in how you come up with your ideas and general technobabble (whether it be plausible or jibberish).
                          Last edited by aeromathlete; 18 December 2004, 01:25 AM.

Comment

Hullo,

*PUH*-Lease say that in either SG-1 or Atlantis we'll learn the function of the ninth chevron. Some of us are very curious what it could be.

thanks

Comment

Another question: MGM shareholders voted today to sell MGM to Sony. Do you know what, if any effect this will have on the stargate franchise?

Thank you in advance Mr. Mallozzi.

Rocket4477
                              Rocky

Comment

Will we ever, ever see Jonas again, even if it's just to kill him so people like me will stop asking about him?

BYE
                                "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Comment

Working...
                                X